Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars Review

The Force is not with this one.

Read Full Article

xchurchx

Nov 2, 2009
Another Pointless game from lucas arts
Please just make battlefront 3 ............PLEASE!
nice reviewe tho

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
That's a shame, I really did like the first and second lego star wars game, guess they dropped the ball on this one. Considering this is definitely one aimed at the kids, making it too hard and frustating is a massive flaw.

cainx10a

May 17, 2008
Is it wrong that I died laughing from the Star Wars version of Women can't park a car ... or rather ... Alien Women Jedi can't park a spacecraft? :p

I enjoyed the game, although on the difficulty side of things, it's hard if you attempt to play with a non-jedi character, as ranged attack will destroy them with ease, not so much for Jedi characters. On the RTS side of things, I found it to be an annoyance to use the commander clone to issue orders to your buddies, they tend to get wiped out easily >.>

And there are moments where it doesn't give you any clue of what to do > . >, like one of the earlier boss battles involving a tank, and a certain refinery. And if it wasn't for the IGN review, I would never have figured out about driving into the purple light to acquire torpedoes when i'm driving one of the speedbike ... doesn't work with the mini-walkers. :s

subtlefuge

Lord Cromulent
May 21, 2010
I've always tried to give Lego games a chance, but they're less fun than playing with Legos or playing other games.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
cainx10a said:
Is it wrong that I died laughing from the Star Wars version of Women can't park a car ... or rather ... Alien Women Jedi can't park a spacecraft? :p

I enjoyed the game, although on the difficulty side of things, it's hard if you attempt to play with a non-jedi character, as ranged attack are almost useless against them. On the RTS side of things, I found it to be an annoyance to use the commander clone to issue orders to your buddies, they tend to get wiped out easily >.>

And there are moments where it doesn't give you any clue of what to do > . >, like one of the earlier boss battles involving a tank, and a certain refinery. And if it wasn't for the IGN review, I would never have figured out about driving into the purple light to acquire torpedoes when i'm driving one of the speedbike ... doesn't work with the mini-walkers. :s
All absolutely true. You're frequently left with no clue what you're meant to be doing, and you haven't got a prayer of doing any damage unless you're using a Jedi. Commander clones are only useful if the Clone troops happen to already be near the thing you want them to attack; otherwise, getting them to follow you around is an exercise in futility.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Can't say I've ever understood the appeal in the LEGO games.

And they all give me the sort of headache you get when trying to read in the car, for some reason.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
oh pity :[ I loved the Lego Star Wars games before this one
maybe this one might be bearable with a friend? (unless it's anything like Republic Heroes...holy crap that game was frustrating)

cainx10a

May 17, 2008
Susan Arendt said:
cainx10a said:

I enjoyed the game, although on the difficulty side of things, it's hard if you attempt to play with a non-jedi character, as ranged attack are almost useless against them. On the RTS side of things, I found it to be an annoyance to use the commander clone to issue orders to your buddies, they tend to get wiped out easily >.>

All absolutely true. You're frequently left with no clue what you're meant to be doing, and you haven't got a prayer of doing any damage unless you're using a Jedi. Commander clones are only useful if the Clone troops happen to already be near the thing you want them to attack; otherwise, getting them to follow you around is an exercise in futility.
Ah, I believe I didn't word out that sentence correctly, I meant to say that ranged attackers have no problem taking out my non-jedi heroes since they don't have any mean to defend against those attacks while the Jedis can block any ranged attacks by just spamming the attack key.

FoolKiller

Feb 8, 2008
They've been dropping the ball on a lot of the games they make lately. After the gem that was LEGO Star Wars, they stopped having online multiplayer for a while. LEGO Indy 2 had a really cool interface in the overworld, but at the cost of each individual story level being ridiculously short (in some cases, one room).

Apparently, they've taken a new turn towards crap by imitating not only the Clone Wars name, but the terrible pedigree it has in video games. Clone Wars: Republic Heroes was also a promising mess.

Oh well... I just hope they don't screw up the last three Harry Potter books.

Dastardly

Imaginary Friend
Apr 19, 2010
Susan Arendt said:
Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars Review

The Force is not with this one.

Read Full Article
Refreshingly honest review. I was afraid this would be the case.

What is it that we expect from the franchise at this point? It's been a rinse-repeat cash grab for so long that this effect is starting to trickle into everything else. Have you noticed that "LEGO Star Wars" has sort of become its own franchise at this point?

LucasArts got sick of milking the zombified cash cow of the movies, and LEGO Star Wars afforded them the chance to clone a younger version of that cow to start again. And now it has matured to milking age, and it's the same routine all over again. And they'll just keep milking this one until it's time to grind it into hamburger.

To hear that a LEGO Star Wars game is officially not fun[/i], though? Seriously, they've milked it more than I've milked that goddamn cow metaphor.

olfelix

May 14, 2010
HankMan said:
My little brother will still get it.
Maybe we'll have a better time playing co-op.
My son (he's 6) and I have an absolute blast playing co-op on this. I've seen the bad reviews, but I don't really get it. The game is pretty fun.

Ima842

Jan 8, 2011
This one be good, i was hoping. /yoda.
Can't lucasarts remake SW:knights of the old republic(for 3ds!).

Tarakos

May 21, 2009
Well Lucasarts.....just make Battlefront 3 already. Jesus damn already, I need that sequel

Netrigan

Sep 29, 2010
I had a problem with Lego Star Wars III until after I finished the story mode.

A lot of the more annoying boss fights where you're switching between characters endlessly are completely bypassed. It also helps when you get access to some of the better player classes, as the standard blaster character is almost completely useless in the game.

Brainst0rm

Apr 8, 2010
Some of your problems might have to do with it being the Xbox version - guy on RPS didn't have nearly as many control problems as you with the PC version, although he did point out the terrible camera.

This isn't a game I would ever get anyway, but it's kind of fascinating to read this thumbs-down review and RPS' thumbs-up one and try to figure out what each reviewer is looking for to really have fun in a game.

lumenadducere

May 19, 2008
Brainst0rm said:
Some of your problems might have to do with it being the Xbox version - guy on RPS didn't have nearly as many control problems as you with the PC version, although he did point out the terrible camera.

This isn't a game I would ever get anyway, but it's kind of fascinating to read this thumbs-down review and RPS' thumbs-up one and try to figure out what each reviewer is looking for to really have fun in a game.
I was about to make a similar comment. I wonder what the difference is between them? Although the RPS reviewer definitely seems to be a bigger fan of the Lego games in general.