Let's Play Dwarf Fortress: Syndrome Conundrum

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
oh... oh god... well at least that ended better than i thought it would :s

adasdad

Aug 2, 2011
rroot... you are now more awesome than all the things. and our first real syndrome too! uugh.. blisters and necrosis.. but hooray for 0 casualties!

Thecard

Apr 27, 2011
We need a giant purple statue in honor of root. We need a giant purple stature garden. After all, Root is the perfect dwarf role model, and would be great for military propaganda.

Frozen_Flame

Jun 3, 2011
Oh god wow. At least that's all of the beasts dealt with. Os's syndrome is horrible though, poor Root :(

And those kids too.

snip snip 4ever

Mar 7, 2011
Well at least when I died it was in battle and it wasn't a stupid one

if you run out of names could i preferably be redwarfed as child please?

SamuelT

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2009
Country
Nederland
I had this syndrome once.

Doesn't seem to spread through anything but direct bites though. Don't know if that's how diseases work, because the spread might be allocated randomly as far as I know, but after all my warriors who got bit died, the disease pretty much vanished.

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
SamuelT said:
I had this syndrome once.

Doesn't seem to spread through anything but direct bites though. Don't know if that's how diseases work, because the spread might be allocated randomly as far as I know, but after all my warriors who got bit died, the disease pretty much vanished.
I doubt you've had this syndrome. As I've said before, forgotten beasts are completley randomized. This includes their syndromes. The odds of you having a syndrome identical to this one when they are all randomized is absurdly low. You probably just had a highly similar one.

I know it doesn't spread through bites becuase Os didn't bite anyone. The disease was connected to the vapor he spewed when he was damaged.

vallorn

Nov 18, 2009
Valshan: "Mommy whats wrong with your skin?"... "Mommy im over here cant you see me?"

;_; poor Root...

SamuelT

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2009
Country
Nederland
Internet Kraken said:
I doubt you've had this syndrome. As I've said before, forgotten beasts are completley randomized. This includes their syndromes. The odds of you having a syndrome identical to this one when they are all randomized is absurdly low. You probably just had a highly similar one.

I know it doesn't spread through bites becuase Os didn't bite anyone. The disease was connected to the vapor he spewed when he was damaged.
Probably. The entire Blister -> Rotting thing is the same, plus the miasma bursts, but as you said they are randomised. Perhaps those are the only things that're the same.

Feb 13, 2008

[HEADING=2]WHERE'S
MY
DAUGHTERS?[/HEADING]​

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Damn, she's bad-ass ;)

vallorn said:
Valshan: "Mommy whats wrong with your skin?"... "Mommy im over here cant you see me?"

;_; poor Root...
Now that's just made me upset :(

Feb 13, 2008
Aidinthel said:
Wow. That is a serious train wreck.

And in my defense you'd be drunk too if your already bad life suddenly got that much worse.
Just pray she doesn't want to have another child ;)

Edit: Just noticed that she considers this minor injuries...

There's no keeping a good dwarf down...

Internet Kraken

Mar 18, 2009
vallorn said:

;_; poor Root...
You know, when Root was in the hospital, Vallshan spent the entire time sitting next to her bed. Make of that what you will.

vallorn

Nov 18, 2009
Internet Kraken said:
vallorn said:

;_; poor Root...
You know, when Root was in the hospital, Vallshan spent the entire time sitting next to her bed. Make of that what you will.
aaaawwwwwwww... thats kinda cute. :)

The_root_of_all_evil said:
vallorn said:

;_; poor Root...
Now that's just made me upset :(
._. guess im quite good at that...

CloggedDonkey

Nov 4, 2009
And, somewhere, most likely in the mess all behind a table of empty cups, sits CloggedDonkey. He's probably calling the soldiers wimps for not getting over the miasma already.

sheic99

Oct 15, 2008
Internet Kraken said:
snipity snip
Could post all the titles everyone gained from the forgotten beast slaughter?
vallorn said:

;_; poor Root...
Root doesn't need eyes to see. She's like daredevil only short, fat and covered in blood.

Apr 28, 2008
IDEA!

Lets launch the dwarves leaking miasma into the goblin hoards via catapult!

A bunch of blind, sick goblins would then not be able to do much against my crossbow and our catapults!

There is no way this plan could go wrong.

Internet Kraken

Mar 18, 2009
sheic99 said:
Internet Kraken said:
snipity snip
Could post all the titles everyone gained from the forgotten beast slaughter?[quote="vallorn"
Here's all the soldiers that I believe have earned custom titles.

Mythical Mile of Combat is my favorite. Sounds like the title to a bad action movie,

sheic99

Oct 15, 2008
Irridium said:
IDEA!

Lets launch the dwarves leaking miasma into the goblin hoards via catapult!

A bunch of blind, sick goblins would then not be able to do much against my crossbow and our catapults!

There is no way this plan could go wrong.
I can see no other possible outcome.
Internet Kraken said:
sheic99 said:
Internet Kraken said:
snipity snip
Could post all the titles everyone gained from the forgotten beast slaughter?
vallorn said:
Here's all the soldiers that I believe have earned custom titles.

Mythical Mile of Combat is my favorite. Sounds like the title to a bad action movie,
Some of those are almost sentences. Wiredoctrines the Cross Grove is my favorite, it sounds like they're creating a cult of Ents.