Let's Play Pokemon Sapphire: Monotype Challenge!

LockeDown

Sep 27, 2009
Scyther is a Bug/Flying type, so by your own rules, you can't use him.

I think Heracross is Bug/Fighting, though he may be pure. Either way, I would have gone for Pincer, because he's the underdog.

Darmort

Mar 16, 2009
Heracross is indeed Bug/Fighting... and Scyther is Bug/Flying...

Besides, Pinser's cooler by far, personally.

Still be interesting how you'll deal with the gym...

CroMagnon

Dec 7, 2009
Sorry, I guess I should have made myself a little more clear. I've edited the rules a little from the PokemonCommunity Forums HGSS Monotype challenge, which you can find down there.
Dual Types ARE allowed. Otherwise I would be totally screwed. Real, badly screwed.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=212127

Update tonight! Well, In about an hour or an hour and a half.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
CroMagnon said:
Dual Types ARE allowed. Otherwise I would be totally screwed. Real, badly screwed.
Yeah you would. There's only 12 Pure Bug Pokémon in the entire collection. Three of them are Metapod, Silcoon and Cascoon which is...yeah.

CroMagnon

Dec 7, 2009
Well, This took a little less time than expected, and somehow I've lost all of the screenshots from choosing scyther, calling him Dr.McNinja and fighting my rival, Brendan.
Yeah, well, thats all that happened, so here we go!

Okay, well, I beat him and his Mudkip easy. So yeah... Lets do what he says and get down to his lab!

But on the way I'll take down some Zigzagoons.

LATER, AT THE LAB

Hi Professor Shorts!

Yeah, seriously, a level 5 Midkip? Pah, nothing that Dr.McNinja can't take care of!
So then he gave me a pokeball our of shame.

:D Now lets go on mah pokemon adventure!

Oh, hi mom. Running shoes? Awesome! Time to DAAAAASH!

Ooooooh, a Worm thingy! Looks pretty good. Lets catch a slightly stronger one!

That will do nicely.

Damn straight. That worm is a GOD. You will see why later...

Okay guys. I have caught a Surskit.

Name him, please.

S.R.S.

Nov 3, 2009
About the Wurmple thing. Don't you have to catch the first one you encounter?

As for naming Surskit...Gerridae. They look like water strider's. Hey, Strider is a good name too.

end_boss

Jan 4, 2008
Too bad I missed out on the beginning of the thread. I would have suggested to go with Pinsir for being pure bug type, at least to start out, then you can get dual types later. I would have recommended you named him after my Pinsir, "Buggernaut."

CroMagnon

Dec 7, 2009
S.R.S. said:

As for naming Surskit...Gerridae. They look like water strider's. Hey, Strider is a good name too.
Nah, your thinking of the other challenge thing, this one is just bug/whatever type only challenge. I can catch as many different bug pokemon from one road. Yeah. Another update in 10 mins actualy.

S.R.S.

Nov 3, 2009
CroMagnon said:
S.R.S. said:

Nah, your thinking of the other challenge thing, this one is just bug/whatever type only challenge. I can catch as many different bug pokemon from one road. Yeah. Another update in 10 mins actualy.
My mistake. I thought you used those rules as a starting point and added your own elements.

CroMagnon

Dec 7, 2009
S.R.S. said:
CroMagnon said:
S.R.S. said:

My mistake. I thought you used those rules as a starting point and added your own elements.
Nah, nah, I see what you mean. God that would be hard. There is no way in hell I would be able to do that. Anyway... UPDATE!

Lets go take on some trainers with my new pokemon! Go go go Worm!

Damn straight I am, now lets see you fall beneath my mighty Dr.McNinja!

Well, I guess I can send out my Worm to lower its speed or something, whatever, GO GODOFWORMS!

A growl hey, well that wont stop me! Go my cannon fodder!

*5 minutes later*

Well fuck me. Yay, level 4 Worm!

GASP! A fellow bug pokemon collector!

*Heated Battle*

Well fuck me again. My worm is awesome!

Well, after that, hum, I think I will go searching for bug pokemon.

Not a bug.

*5 minutes later*

YES! Finally, another bug type pokemon!

Your mine *****!

Still Looking for a name by the way!

Jeremy Hanna

Mar 20, 2010
This is awesome. I've tried something similar before with water type. However, i'm not nearly patient enough to do bug. More power to ya!

CroMagnon

Dec 7, 2009
Jeremy Hanna said:
How do you get advanced starter?
http://hackpokemon.weebly.com/

You can also get a map hack to change the maps in pokemon games. Yeah, its pretty cool.

O277

Feb 25, 2009
Surskit should be called Skippy Mcgee,

Don't ask why, it just should be :)