Let's talk about Pix the Cat

Danny Dowling

May 9, 2014
got it on PS+ this month and didn't touch it, yesterday my mate fired it up... damn. What have I been missing.

So yeah it's got to be one of the best games I've ever played, all 3 game modes are awesome in their own way and it's great that they're all in the single title. I want to beat all the missions on it (kind of in-game achievements) but some are ridiculously hard. Only need 1,000,000 on starter to have that one beaten.

I absolutely love Nostalgia Mode. It's epic. And oh damn there's so many different levels (100 Lab and 70 Nostalia), big game.

Papadam

Apr 9, 2009
Yea, it's great!
I like how ps+ is pushing indie games that most people would miss.
Pix the cat is better than 90% of all the AAA games released this year.

Danny Dowling

May 9, 2014
Papadam said:
Yea, it's great!
Couldn't agree more!

Oh man just finally got 1,000,000 on the starter level on arcade mode. Now I need 1,500,000 on Main to unlock Dessert. Not sure I'll ever manage the 2,000,000 on Main but hopefully one day.

What's your fav game mode on it? I think I like Nostaliga mode the best.

Papadam

Apr 9, 2009
Danny Dowling said:
Papadam said:
Yea, it's great!
Couldn't agree more!

Oh man just finally got 1,000,000 on the starter level on arcade mode. Now I need 1,500,000 on Main to unlock Dessert. Not sure I'll ever manage the 2,000,000 on Main but hopefully one day.

I haven't even played nostalgia mode yet!
Most of the time I play laboratory since it's perfect on the Vita while commuting.

I also tried the deathmatch mode on PS4 with my girlfriend but that was a bad idea. ;)

On the other hand, Spelunky which is also free on ps+ is one of the most fun couch coop games we've played!

Danny Dowling

May 9, 2014
Papadam said:
Danny Dowling said:
Papadam said:
Yea, it's great!
Couldn't agree more!

I haven't even played nostalgia mode yet!
Most of the time I play laboratory since it's perfect on the Vita while commuting.

I also tried the deathmatch mode on PS4 with my girlfriend but that was a bad idea. ;)

On the other hand, Spelunky which is also free on ps+ is one of the most fun couch coop games we've played!
Damn dude you need to get on that Nostalgia mode it's sick! I've beaten all 70 levels now with the time bonus on it, working through Lab now, 50 down so far.

I unlocked Dessert today... holy damn it's ridiculously tough.

Yeah I'm mega happy Spelunky came through on PS+, I've nearly bought that so many times