Let's talk about the games that don't use mysogynistic, transphobic or racist tropes.

Harpalyce

Social Justice Cleric
Mar 1, 2012
Yes, I too read that blurb of in-game lore, that's what I'm talking about. The whole choice by the author to make the Asian not-quite-vampires be super spooky and mysterious and ~completely different~. That's kind of what got my eyes rolling.

Jack Action

Not a premium member.
Sep 6, 2014
Harpalyce said:
That's pretty much the game gives you as to why the Kuei-Jin are scary. Because they're Asian. (I think the blurb may have actually said "oriental" which is a bit gross in and of itself - oriental is the word used for objects, not people, since we're out of the reign of King Edward and all.) And therefore mysterious because nobody knows what they're about because ASIAN OOGABOOGABOO. I can try to dig up the exact loading screen with said blurb on it if you'd like but I'm not entirely sure I got a screenshot of it.

But I have this odd feeling that whatever I do you're going to shoot back with how I'm wrong so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Weren't they considered scary because they dicked around with forbidden magic?
I distinctly remember the head Kuei-Jin being a secret lovecraftian horror.

ThreeName

May 8, 2013
Just about everything that isn't 3D Rape Machine or whatever that crazy Japanese game was that one time. I forget the name.