Let's talk about weather

Ryotknife

Oct 15, 2011
cathou said:
Alright, it's damn cold outside, and like a true canadian the only other subject of talk we have beside hockey is the weather.

Right now it's -30c outside (-22 for you fahrenheit users) and it's pretty windy, so we have a Wind chill factor of -42c (-43.6 f).

a week ago we had a +10c (50f). i like winter !

So what about you guys, how is the weather where you live in january ?
(checks OP's profile)

I knew it, Quebec area. I went to college in the northern tip of NY near Quebec and the winters are obscenely cold for 2-3 weeks starting around now. It gets so cold that your spit is solid before it hits the ground, you can snap off your hair., and you get frostbite within 10 minutes. Thankfully you guys dont get much snow at least compared to Western NY (although whatever you get tends to stay forever whereas we have gone through about 15 feet of snow already)

A while ago, the US was hit by a polar vortex so cold that an escaped inmate turned himself in.

http://gawker.com/escaped-prisoner-turns-self-in-to-avoid-polar-vortex-in-1496284250

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Yikes. I guess that was at night when you posted though so it's not exactly uncommon to get that far down during the winter (depending on where in Canada you are). It's currently -10 degrees Celsius here.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Argentina here, Summer time. Today it's 32.2°C, and there's an official "yellow alert" because of the heat.