Let's talk American football, specifically your favorite and least favorite team(s)

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011
I'd loosely describe myself as a Saints fan. But I haven't really followed sports much for years now. Superb Owl's alright to watch and I do check up on W/L records during the season, though.

Least favorite is the Pats. For reasons already explained.

shootthebandit

May 20, 2009
Are there any British teams in the NFL. I vaguely remember something about NFL games in England. If there is then I support them

Dont really follow it but if there was a British team then I'd support them

direkiller

Dec 4, 2008
Ihateregistering1 said:
Team that I don't like only because of their fanbase: The Steelers. For some reason, Steelers fans are everywhere in the US, and I think maybe 20% of them have actually been to Pittsburgh. They love to talk about how classy and upright their players are, while a guy who was accused TWICE of sexual assault is their QB. Then on the flip side they talk about how "gritty and blue collar" the Steelers fans are, which is really just a nice way of saying fans get drunk and fight a lot during games.
Funny I live in Pittsburgh, I think it's only the fans who live outside Pittsburgh that think highly of us.
And yea the "How many rings you got" argument needs to die.

As for the charity I don't know where that comes from, I think they are at the bottom of the list out of the 3 teams we have, Batch(second string QB) is the only one I see doing things who is currently on the team(former members from do contribute alot), and even then it's small potatoes compared to the Penguins.

direkiller

Dec 4, 2008
shootthebandit said:
Are there any British teams in the NFL. I vaguely remember something about NFL games in England. If there is then I support them

3 games are going to be played at Wembley stadium, but there are no NFL teams outside of the US

Wolf In A Bear Suit

Jun 2, 2012
I'm Irish and am just trying to get into Gridiron recently so really don't have a massive opinion. My favorite teams for no real reason other than random attraction (and I watched Hard Knocks for the Bengals) are the Bengals or the Colts. Dalton and Luck are my favorite players.
Still trying to learn some more intricate rules as well as the specific roles of certain players. It's not easy as I grew up living rugby and I've never had any exposure to American Football. I might give playing it a go in college. My cousin played for Ireland. Not a huge feat but there you go.

rednose1

Oct 11, 2009
Detroit Lions, and my reason is an odd one.
Back in 2008, they went 0-16. Made NFL history as the first team to lose every single game. I made them my team then and there. I figured I was getting in on the ground floor because hey, can't do any worse! I was gonna be there for the hard times, and when they became awesome and people jumped on the bandwagon, I could say I was there from the beginning. Plus Detroit itself is just in shambles so adds to the "rooting for the underdog" feeling they give me.
So yea...still waiting. I love'em and all, but tired of the "This is our year!" mantra never paying off.

Don't really like the Pats, but no downright hatred.

shootthebandit said:

Last I remember, there was talk of sending the Jacksonville Jaguars there. But you don't want them, there's a reason they wanna ship them overseas. Plus the headache of flying across the Atlantic for games, recruting, etc. I think we're gonna need more than one team overseas for it to take off globally.

TheIceQueen

Sep 15, 2013
My favorite team? The Vikings.

My least favorite team? The Vikings.

Always getting my hopes up and then dashing them hard against the rocks. That'll teach me for being an optimist.

Ryotknife

Oct 15, 2011
direkiller said:
shootthebandit said:

3 games are going to be played at Wembley stadium, but there are no NFL teams outside of the US
Toronto almost got the Buffalo Bills, but now they are owned by the same guy who owns the Buffalo Sabres hockey team.

LetalisK

May 5, 2010
Favorite Team: Seahawks. Yes, even before they won the Superbowl. I'm a fan of Pacific Northwest teams(Fuck you, Thunder). However, I don't cheer for a team as much as I do players. I'm a big fan of Kaepernik and Cam Newton. I respect Tom Brady as a player and I have to admit that it was pretty fun watching Peyton Manning just take apart defenses last year like a surgeon. Excluding the Super Bowl, obviously.

Least favorite team: Steelers. Don't know why, but fuck 'em.

My wife's favorite team: Packers.

direkiller

Dec 4, 2008
Ryotknife said:
direkiller said:
shootthebandit said:

Toronto almost got the Buffalo Bills, but now they are owned by the same guy who owns the Buffalo Sabres hockey team.
I never said it could not happen and, honestly, I kinda wish NFL and CFL would sit down mash out an agreed rule book, a 20 week season, and just merge. Sadly, that is unlikely to ever happen.

Ihateregistering1

Mar 30, 2011
shootthebandit said:

There's been talk for a few years now of London getting an NFL team, but we'll see. The logistics of it are kind of tough, and they've basically said that for it to work, the team would have to live in the States for almost the entirety of the NFL season. The NFL players union would probably have serious issues with that.

West coast teams complain when they have to fly to the east coast to play teams (time difference, jet lag, etc.) so you could only imagine how a team crossing the entire Atlantic and then the US to play in Seattle would go over.

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
I'm more baseball fan than a football fan; football doesn't start until baseball ends. Anyways, being Dodgers fan, I refuse to root for anything San Diego and San Francisco.

So... that leaves Oakland Raiders, the only team left in California, as my favorite NFL team. I don't expect Raiders to have a good season but I hope I get to see signs of positive change this year.

My least favorite would be Broncos (currently). I have a friend (a Broncos fan) who has this smug prick face I would like to punch very much. It didn't help that Tim FUCKING Tebow (out of all people) had to show up in 2011 and ruin Raider's season.

Second least favorite would be the 49ers, which is an extension of my hatred of SF Giants.

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
scorptatious said:
My dad often buys season tickets for Raiders games in Portland, and I usually go with him if I'm not busy on those days.

So I guess you could say I'm a Raiders fan, although I know that the team has seen better days to put it lightly. :/

Still, I really enjoy going to the games with him.
Are you saying you and you father drive all the way from Portland to Oakland?

That is some dedication.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
mysecondlife said:
scorptatious said:
My dad often buys season tickets for Raiders games in Portland, and I usually go with him if I'm not busy on those days.

So I guess you could say I'm a Raiders fan, although I know that the team has seen better days to put it lightly. :/

Still, I really enjoy going to the games with him.
Are you saying you and you father drive all the way from Portland to Oakland?

That is some dedication.
Whoops. Mixed up Portland with Oakland.

Forget I said anything. DX

To clarify, I live about two to three hours away from Oakland. So the drive isn't that long.

Gxas

Sep 4, 2008
Man, I got really excited to discuss the emo revival!

Ahh well, Browns fan here. This is our year. As is next year, and every year after that.

And Manziel is going to prove to be the worst thing we could have done for our team.

Little_Rudo

Oct 20, 2010
Born, raised and currently living in Wisconsin, so my favorite has to be the Green Bay Packers. I grew up during the reign of Favre, witnessed his fall, and then the rise of Aaron Rodgers, and it's been so, so sweet through all the ups and downs.

I see a lot of Vikings fans here, so I'm tempted to call them my least favorite, but I'd say the Packers-Vikings rivalry is a more respectful one compared to our hatred of the Bears. Why? They still suck, of course! And the Lions are just LOL, bless their hearts. :)

Niflhel

Sep 25, 2010
It's not very often I get to watch NFL, since it's usually broadcasted during the night here in Denmark, but I do catch a game every now and then. Mostly I just play Madden, though...
During the early 2000's I rooted for Minnesota Vikings, honestly mostly because of the name (I'm from Scandinavia, how could I NOT pick the Vikings?), although I was a big fan of Randy Moss, awesome WR, and later on Adrian Peterson. During the 2008 playoffs I watched a few Arizona Cardinal's games after the Vikings got knocked out, and of course the super bowl (Still my favorite match till this day), and I liked what I saw - especially some amazing plays by Fitzgerald. Finally there's Baltimore Ravens, purely because I love their uniform... That's as good a reason as any, right?

As for teams I hate, well, there's non.