Let's talk American football, specifically your favorite and least favorite team(s)

Alex Baas

Dec 2, 2011
I am going to be that guy and say that I do not enjoy American football. Canadian football is the shit though. Our field longer and wider. We also have only 3 downs instead of 4. It makes for faster and for tense games. For teams: Saskatchewan Roughriders. Rider Pride is in my blood.

Jux

Hmm
Sep 2, 2012
Favorite team: Saints. Since 2000, I grow my hair out every year and do a black and gold mohawk if we make it to the playoffs. This was taken at a buddies house watching the Saints/Seahawks game this past season. Ya'll have no idea how hard it is, and how much hairspray it takes, to get that shit to stand up straight.

Least favorite teams? Falcons, Panthers, and Ravens (only because they have Steve Smith now and I just don't like that guys face). Got serious respect for the Seahawks, hate that they beat us, but that D is crazy good.

Username Redacted

Dec 29, 2010
Jux said:
...Ravens (only because they have Steve Smith now and I just don't like that guys face). Got serious respect for the Seahawks, hate that they beat us, but that D is crazy good.
Ehh, I wouldn't mention Steve Smith as he has a very particular set of skills, skills he has acquired over a very long career. Skills that make him a nightmare for people like you. If you let his daughter (?) go now, that'll be the end of it. He will not look for you, he will not pursue you. But if you don't, he will look for you, he will find you, and he will kill you./Taken

I mean we're talking about a man who owns his own Ric Flair robe for fucks sake.

As for my favorite teams I don't have single team that I root for as having grown up in the Washington D.C. area the Potomac Drainage Basin Indigenous Persons have sucked mightily for most of my adult life and have one of the worst owners in sports in "Chainsaw" Dan Snyder. That said I still enjoy watching well played football which means I'll usually try to catch games featuring high-octane offenses or lockdown defenses with a preference for defense (very much enjoyed watching Seattle dismantle fools last year).

JonnyHG

Nov 7, 2011
TheIceQueen said:
My favorite team? The Vikings.

My least favorite team? The Vikings.

Always getting my hopes up and then dashing them hard against the rocks. That'll teach me for being an optimist.
At least you aren't a Browns fan.

OT: I'm a Browns fan!

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
tippy2k2 said:
w9496 said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Trucken said:
TheIceQueen said:
Niflhel said:
Wow, there's a lot more representation for Minnesota here than I originally thought.
So yeah, I don't sport all too often, but I suppose being from MN I will watch more Vikings matches than any others so yeah I'm also here for the Vikings.
Woo Sports!

Gailim

Oct 13, 2009
I am a Bucs fan.

our team has been through a rough few years *cough*GregSchiano*cough*, and thing have been pretty bleak at times *cough*MRSA*cough*.

But you always gotta hope. Just don't expect to see me in any Bucs gear. Because... well... have you SEEN our new uniforms?

WTF were they thinking...

Rylot

May 14, 2010
Since I was born in Washington State, I've been a Seahawks fan my whole life. Nice to finally have a Superbowl. Hope they can do well again this year. Wish Sherman would shut up more.

Least favorite teams:

Stealers: Not saying that Seattle would have won that Superbowl hands down, but it would have been nice to play in it.

Packers: I've met just too many annoying fans who'd talk up Farve like he was the second coming of Christ.

Drake the Dragonheart

The All-American Dragon.
Aug 14, 2008
I. . . BLEED. . . BLUE AND ORANGE! GO BRONCOS! This one's for John!
Also go Pokes. come on UW, and I can't watch as they get destroyed by #2 Oregon. Seriously I would consider it a victory if they hold them under 70.

Least favorite: I have a bunch. As a broncos fan I am obligated to hate the raiders, though they have been a laughing stock for the last decade or so. Ref-bribers getting fixed a play-off game and a SB because that doping a-hole Ray Screwloose who got away with murder announced his retirement. Seahags because of the SB. 49ers, Redskins, embarrassed Denver in SB's, and SF knocked Denver out of the playoffs for "difference between 6 and 7 wins!" **** YOU! Steelers, obnoxious fans that have to be forced to leave by security, waving those disgusting yellow snot rags. Patriots, could the media have its lips any more glued to the rears of Belicheat and Brady? The Sowgirls, maybe this is finally the year the just flat out suck instead of doing well enough to stay relevant and have the media talking about them, only to bomb a golden chance. Still, has been very enjoyable watching them the last week of each of the past 3 seasons bungle win and you are in games. Dolphins, for the head to head record against broncos, and they have a few wins in Denver that need to be avenged. I will take an instant dislike to any team that beats the broncos in Denver, at least until it is avenged by a loss to the broncos in their home stadium. I am a very spiteful fan!

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
favorite;
Seattle Seahawks; mostly because I live up there, it is nice to FINALLY have a team worth talking about. Hell we even won the Super Bowl, and I can tell you that as some one who's lived in the northwest their whole life, that is something I never though would happen.

People might not like the Hawks because of the fans or Richard Sherman, and thats fine, but you guys need to understand something. Seattle has been a joke in the NFL and MLB for decades, hell we still can't get a fucking NBA team even though there's more then enough to support a team here. WE FINALLY HAVE A GOOD TEAM, and a team that has claimed a championship, that hasn't happened since the 70s with the Super Sonics.

least favorite;
The 40-whinners er ... 49ers ...;
The couch is a dick, whines about things being 'unfair' and I don't think I've ever seen him enjoy a game, even one the 49ers are winning. He seems to be pissed off all the time. The fact he seems to hate Seattle doesn't help but it's honestly less of a factor then you'd think.

never the less ^^ I hope they get their asses handed to them this year.

Drake the Dragonheart

The All-American Dragon.
Aug 14, 2008
Lunar Templar said:
The couch is a dick
That must be the world's most uncomfortable couch. I am not trying to pick on you or anything, I know you meant to say coach, Sorry for going off topic, but I just couldn't pass up that opportunity.

Week 3, we will see just how much difference John Elway's off-season maneuvering has paid off.