Letters From the Call of Duty Front

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Letters From the Call of Duty Front

If soldiers in Call of Duty could write letters home, what would they say?

Games like Call of Duty help people live out war fantasies of being the mighty hero in a safe environment, but nobody really thinks they're in any way like the real deal. Case in point, the letters seen here at Dorkly [http://www.dorkly.com/article/7916/letters-home-from-the-call-of-duty-battlefield], written from the perspective of a soldier on the COD battlefield.

It may start sounding almost sincere, but it quickly devolves into poking fun at the ridiculous conventions of Call of Duty: Black Ops (like being written by a brave soldier named PwnziScheme83, for one). Frankly, as someone who's been spending much of the holiday evenings playing Black Ops with his younger brother, I can't help but find it hilarious.

Read all of the letters over at Dorkly [http://www.dorkly.com/article/7916/letters-home-from-the-call-of-duty-battlefield].

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Thats mildly funny actually, though I dont play CoD:BO, so thats probably why its not funnier.

Though I did like the one informing of his death. I guess in the CoD world, everyone would have to beleive in reincarnation.

Aedes

Sep 11, 2009
You know, I was expecting someting like "Get me the hell out of here!!!1!" but that one is way more hillarious.

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
Okay, that was pretty good. The last one in particular killed me. Getting killed by a shot from a 15th century crossbow in the foot...lost a lot of good men that way.

archvile93

Sep 2, 2009
He forgot to mention how he's recieved only minor wounds of being shot in the chest several times at close range.

megs1120

Wing Commander
Jul 27, 2009
Hmm, not enough racial slurs to accurately reflect the magical world of Call of Duty.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
I love it when 'funny' meets 'serious.'

Very funny!
kouriichi said:
I need to send letters like this for the holidays next year.
And so do I!