Letters to the Editor: State of the Industry

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
State of the Industry

Each week we publish letters sent to us regarding previous issues and highlight particularly interesting forum posts. If you'd like to comment on an article directly, send your letter to [email protected].

Read Full Article

bdcjacko

Gone Fonzy
Jun 9, 2010
@ Where to begin...Isn't there enough places on the internet doing retro game reviews. One of my favorite things around is Spoony's reviews of like Ultima and Final Fantasy. Hell TGWTG has tons of retro reviews and lets plays. I know there are other sites that focus on those. And I think that is where the internet really shines where print magazines and just regular blogs can't, is the retro games we have forgotten.

Lord_Jaroh

Ad-Free Finally!
Apr 24, 2007
bdcjacko said:
@ Where to begin...Isn't there enough places on the internet doing retro game reviews. One of my favorite things around is Spoony's reviews of like Ultima and Final Fantasy. Hell TGWTG has tons of retro reviews and lets plays. I know there are other sites that focus on those. And I think that is where the internet really shines where print magazines and just regular blogs can't, is the retro games we have forgotten.
But I think he's asking less for reviews and more for retrospectives. More of a what this game did and how it could be better, or it's sequels better. I too would like to see such a thing. Reviews take that game as a seperate entity, but when you look at it as part of gaming as a whole...

bdcjacko

Gone Fonzy
Jun 9, 2010
Maybe I am mistaken but that is exactly what spoony is doing with uptime. He talks about what is good and what is bad. But I cloud be missing the point.