(Light) Electro musiccc :P

headshotcatcher

Feb 27, 2009
Sooo, recently I've found myself dabbling in some more electronic music than my usual fix of punkrock.. And I'm looking into.. acquiring.. some of it so I can put together a playlist of sorts, so I need some bands!

The only electronic music that I'm guaranteed to like so far is Slagsmalsklubben, MGMT and Plaid. So I'm looking for something I would like :p The problem is that most bands or artists are one hit wonders for me, so I find the cool song, then look for another one and give up :p

NOTE: I'm looking for lighter electro music, not really dubstep or the party electro trance stufff :p

Launcelot111

Jan 19, 2012
I can throw out some names. It's not my most knowledgeable genre.

For not clubby electronic,
Royksopp
Flying Lotus
Caribou
The Knife
The Postal Service

I also recommend LCD Soundsystem, which does good party songs but also lots of good not-party songs.

ratzofftoya

Jul 2, 2012
Launcelot111 said:

Royksopp
Flying Lotus
Caribou
The Knife
The Postal Service

I also recommend LCD Soundsystem, which does good party songs but also lots of good not-party songs.
I really recommend FlyLo and Caribou off of that list. Obviously, Radiohead are another choice. Also think about Burial, maybe The XX if that counts for you. Depending on what you like out of these, maybe we can direct you further.

headshotcatcher

Feb 27, 2009
Launcelot111 said:

Royksopp
Flying Lotus
Caribou
The Knife
The Postal Service

Yesssss Flying Lotus and Caribou are exactly what I mean! The other songs are good too (yay the knife, thanks for introducing me to them!) but Flying Lotus and Caribou are the kind of background music I'm looking for, minimal vocals and engaging song feeels :)