Lightning Returns Getting Final Fantasy VII Pre-Order Bonuses

KingdomFantasyXIII

Apr 4, 2012
Soon, Square's desire to turn Cloud into a pretty girl will be complete! But in all seriousness, it looks pretty nice. =D

To anybody about to ***** about this, let us recall that Cloud Strife dressed himself up LIKE A WOMAN to try and trick an old pervy man who runs a whore house. I think that should speak for itself

Captain Sunshine

Mar 5, 2013
Miyenne said:
Is it me or are her boobs getting bigger? I thought she was built lithe and slim like an athlete. In the first one she didn't have boobs like that.

Aside from that, I don't know how I feel about Cloud's outfit on her. I know she was meant to be a female version of Cloud, but it still seems a bit out of place.
From the FF Wiki:

During an interview with Dualshockers, Toriyama said that Lightning's breasts got larger during games: in Final Fantasy XIII they were the C size (which in American sizes is B), and in Lightning Returns they are D size (which in American sizes is C).[11]
I'm face-palming so hard it's hurting the back of my skull.

ProtoChimp

Feb 8, 2010
GamerMage said:
TiberiusEsuriens said:
Things have finally gone full circle. Yoshinori Kitase made both VII and XIII. He is quoted as originally designing Lightning as a "female Cloud." Screenshots were released of Lightning and they were identical to Cloud from Advent Children. He's finally given up all pretense that they were ever different people. XIII-3 has the world ending in several days, now I'm going to take a guess and say it's because a meteor named mother is going to crash into Gran Pulse. Oh wait, that was about the plot of XIII-1.
There was a plot for FF13 1? XD
We're actually calling it 13-1? Why not just 13? Or 13 part 1? Or fuck it lets go like mathsbook 13: a) b) c) GOD DAMMIT I FUCKING HATE YOU SQUARE!!

OT: Is it... is it strange I find this hot?

TiberiusEsuriens

Jun 24, 2010
Vyress said:
She just seemed so random to me that she could have been cut out of the game and nothing would be missed. Kinda like Xell in FF8.
Without Zell we would all have missed the amazing hot dog story arc!

KingdomFantasyXIII

Apr 4, 2012
Captain Sunshine said:
Miyenne said:
Is it me or are her boobs getting bigger? I thought she was built lithe and slim like an athlete. In the first one she didn't have boobs like that.

Aside from that, I don't know how I feel about Cloud's outfit on her. I know she was meant to be a female version of Cloud, but it still seems a bit out of place.
From the FF Wiki:

During an interview with Dualshockers, Toriyama said that Lightning's breasts got larger during games: in Final Fantasy XIII they were the C size (which in American sizes is B), and in Lightning Returns they are D size (which in American sizes is C).[11]
I'm face-palming so hard it's hurting the back of my skull.
So they went up one boob size, so what? Espeically when it just went up American B to American C

This is american B cup
http://img.sino-treasure.com/pri/o/201207/Thick-Cup-B-Demi-cup-Boost-Lace-Series-Aromatherapy-Oil-Women-s-Bras-13350-26748.jpg

THis is American C cup
http://img.sino-treasure.com/pri/o/201211/Wonderful-Lace-Series-Boost-Basic-Thin-cup-C-3-4-Cup-Women-s-Bras-15874-38522.jpg

basically, there is very little difference. What you must be thinking is something that is like D to double D size breasts.

JSoup

Jun 14, 2012
Huh, that's actually a pretty slick look for her. I normally don't bother with preorders unless the bonus is free Amazon cash, but this might be my first exception.

Captain Sunshine

Mar 5, 2013
KingdomFantasyXIII said:
So they went up one boob size, so what? Espeically when it just went up American B to American C

This is american B cup
http://img.sino-treasure.com/pri/o/201207/Thick-Cup-B-Demi-cup-Boost-Lace-Series-Aromatherapy-Oil-Women-s-Bras-13350-26748.jpg

THis is American C cup
http://img.sino-treasure.com/pri/o/201211/Wonderful-Lace-Series-Boost-Basic-Thin-cup-C-3-4-Cup-Women-s-Bras-15874-38522.jpg

basically, there is very little difference. What you must be thinking is something that is like D to double D size breasts.
Sorry, it's a more contextual thing. Whenever I read about Lightning anywhere the developers are talking about her it's always a very shallow kind of discussion. That whole thing about her being Ms. Cloud actually came from Nomura's, if not one of the other developer's, mouths. Again, by itself that isn't such a bad thing like this, but if you add them up it paints a rather depressing image of what they think of their audience. I understand if you spend hours redrawing a woman you're going to be paying attention to her bust a lot so it'd be silly of me to scoff and say "Well they shouldn't give a damn about her boobs at all if they cared more about her character!", but along with the other developer choices and the way they drooled over her at Lightning Returns' first announcement, it does seem a bit cynical. That's obviously an opinion stuck just to me though =)

KingdomFantasyXIII

Apr 4, 2012
Captain Sunshine said:
KingdomFantasyXIII said:

This is american B cup

THis is American C cup

Sorry, it's a more contextual thing. Whenever I read about Lightning anywhere the developers are talking about her it's always a very shallow kind of discussion. That whole thing about her being Ms. Cloud actually came from Nomura's, if not one of the other developer's, mouths. Again, by itself that isn't such a bad thing like this, but if you add them up it paints a rather depressing image of what they think of their audience. I understand if you spend hours redrawing a woman you're going to be paying attention to her bust a lot so it'd be silly of me to scoff and say "Well they shouldn't give a damn about her boobs at all if they cared more about her character!", but along with the other developer choices and the way they drooled over her at Lightning Returns' first announcement, it does seem a bit cynical. That's obviously an opinion stuck just to me though =)
That is more towards the "extreme hardcore" fandom. The general populous wouldn't know about this stuff. They might draw comparisons to Lightning being close to someone like Cloud and Squall through common sense, but I don't think they put too much focus on her physical outlook when talking about the game. 75% of when they talk about Lightning Returns is talking about how the gameplay works and it's mechanics, 20% about the story and 5% on Lightning's physical outlook.

As for the "Female Cloud" thing, that's fine because the last time they "Cloned" Cloud Strife was back with Squall Leonhart in 1998. Lightning came out in 2009 in Japan. That's about 11 to 12 years since they made a Cloud Strife Motif like character. If anything, we should be worried about Square copying Sephiroth again (Sephiroth and Kuja were good, but Seymour, Advent Children and Caius Ballad were just no)

Like I said before, B cup to C cup isn't anything big, especially when they grew over the course of 500 years. If Lightning's boobs got as big as say Tifa's or Lulu's bust size, then we have a problem. That's when it starts getting to be more about sexualizing the character than portraying her character.

Zetsubou-Sama

Mar 31, 2010
TiberiusEsuriens said:
Vyress said:
She just seemed so random to me that she could have been cut out of the game and nothing would be missed. Kinda like Xell in FF8.
Without Zell we would all have missed the amazing hot dog story arc!
On a more serious note he is also relevant as a perspective during the Balamb Town occupation arc. That and for some reason he's the most knowledgeable character about most places you go to. The man even knows stuff about the Deep Sea Research Facility.

That and his character's card is the easiest level 10 card to get along with Quistis, and can help you crush every opponent.