Lightsaber Duel Breaks Out on French Street

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Lightsaber Duel Breaks Out on French Street

A minor scuffle on a street in France turned ugly when the combatants pulled out their lightsabers.

You should always be kind to the old men in your neighborhood - you never know when one of them might just turn out to be a Jedi (or a Sith Lord). This home footage you see here to the right captured exactly that, when an argument in a small French street quickly escalated from a bunch of older men yelling at each other to a genuine Duel of the Fates.

In all seriousness, of course this isn't real - it's just somebody having fun with video editing software. As much as we might someday wish to have a genuine lightsaber, here they're just fighting with painted-over sticks.

But it goes to show you how much things like visuals and sound can affect the mood of a video. What could have been a silly scene of two old men waving sticks at each other turns into an epic battle between the Light Side and Dark Side of the Force.

Okay, maybe it's still a bit silly.

theonlyblaze2

Aug 20, 2010
How many sticks does this old man have in his tractor?
Also, WHY THE HELL DOES HE HAVE STICKS IN HIS TRACTOR?!

Aug 25, 2009
HE HAS ANOTHER STICK!

Why does he have another stick?

This is awesome, and actually does manage to make the mood a little cooler. It's still funny, but more in a 'parody of Star Wars' funny, than 'old men fighting funny.' This is something that wouldn't look out of place on a sketch show like French and Saunders or something.

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
Oh god adding the Empire's theme made all of this 10 times better.

And how was that lightsaber still on when it was out of the mans hand and on the ground? Don't they always deactivate when dropped?

greenflash

Jul 13, 2010
theonlyblaze2 said:
How many sticks does this old man have in his tractor?
Also, WHY THE HELL DOES HE HAVE STICKS IN HIS TRACTOR?!
Why would you not need an extra stick in your tractor?

rancher of monsters

Oct 31, 2010
Though they have struck him down, he will become more powerful than they can ever imgaine (I know I probably butchered that quote). Kudos to the probably drunk old man for holding his own against two Sith Lords.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
This is the funniest thing I've seen the whole week. Heck, it's been long since I cried of laughter.

kickyourass

Apr 17, 2010
ok, pretty obvious editting effect, but it's still better then most ACTUAL Star Wars products that have come out n the last decade.

Jamane

Sep 24, 2010
hehehe but seriously they were properly going at it with those sticks... I mean lightsabers