Linux. Jesus Christ.

NIHILHATE

Aug 21, 2009
Alright, here's the skinny. I've somehow ended up with Linux, and me being (for lack of a better term) a computer retard, it's not going too great. However, all would be forgiven if it weren't for the lack of support for ALL of the software I've spent the last five years getting used to, including all my games. I tried Wine and it kinda worked, but the resolution was all fucked, and when I changed it it stopped working. The "winecfg" Terminal command doesn't do anything anymore either, and when I try to run a game I can Hear it, but there's no window open and I have to restart the computer if I want to get rid of it. If anyone could offer some friendly advice on the subject it'd be greatly appreciated.
By the way, if anyone comments to insult my computer skills, tell me to figure it out for myself, read a faq, ask another forum, pay for some other emulator, or tell me it's not their problem and I'm not worthy of their oh so precious time, well, there's not much I can do about that, but they will be ignored.
Helpful people only please.

Raognerrrm

Apr 2, 2011
Before running a game using wine, always check the database ([link]http://appdb.winehq.org/[/link]) first, to see if there are any additional hoops you need to jump through to get it working.
I always wined the winecgf.exe in drive_c/windows/system32 to get the config menu up.
You can always try reinstalling wine, or making a custom package.
But wine is nowhere near as good as Windows is for games, so unless you really want Linux for something, I'd suggest going back to Windows or having another boot drive with Windows on it.