Linux

Vhite

Aug 17, 2009
So, I have installed Ubuntu few hours ago and Ive got to say I like it. Its kinda confusing but thats only because I was using Windows up until now. Its certainly not for gaming but it has many useful and interesting apps and it looks good, only problem I have so far is that my internet connection is slower then on Windows but it looks easy to fix. So what are you foughts on Linux and could you give any tips and what-nots to its new user?

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
I have a love-hate relationship with it. When it works it is great, when it doesn't... Anyway I just use windows now because I have the licences for it and I don't have as much hassle troubleshooting. Linux is for some gaming by the way, wine can run most things and some games (Freespace 2) are even Linux native.

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
Linux s a great operating system for tinkerers. Not much else.

I find it to be a hassle to flop back and forth between Windows and Linux, just so I can run games, so i don't even bother anymore.

zHellas

Quite Not Right
Feb 7, 2010
I don't want to try Linux until I get some kind of Computer Programming skill, because from what I've seen/heard it looks pretty needlessly complicated.

jasoncyrus

Sep 11, 2008
On my little laptop for daily writing and general office stuff linux is great. Does exactly what i want.

For everything...I prefer windows. Less hassle, more user friendly.