List your favorite games and next person will give their thoughts on it

ProtoChimp

Feb 8, 2010
I haven't played a single game the person above me has so, I dunno, I guess I'll be a dick and just break this rule.

MGR: Revengeance.
Dragon Age: Inquisition
Dark Souls 2
XCOM: EU
Payday 2
The Warriors (PS2/OG Xbox)
Saints Row 1/2/3 (haven't played 4 yet)
State of Decay
Spiderman 2

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
ProtoChimp said:
I haven't played a single game the person above me has so, I dunno, I guess I'll be a dick and just break this rule.

MGR: Revengeance.
Dragon Age: Inquisition
Dark Souls 2
XCOM: EU
Payday 2
The Warriors (PS2/OG Xbox)
Saints Row 1/2/3 (haven't played 4 yet)
State of Decay
Spiderman 2
Not played DA: I, Payday 2 or The Warriors.

MGR: Revengeance is a bunch of fun and ridiculous. Though I've not played much of it I did enjoy what it had to offer, and full props have to be given for actually making a train sequence feel like a train sequence. The first other game that comes to mind that made trains more than just a fast-moving background machine was Gears of War 1 with that beautiful penultimate boss fight.

Dark Souls II, (and Dark Souls 1 incidentally) are just games I can't get into. I completely understand why people like them, but to me they're ugly, tedious and often just come off as learning through Live. Die. Repeat rather than learning through skill. And no, I will not fight anyone on that, but I definitely understand the catharsis off of succeeding in breaking down a brick wall after the seventeen millionth attempt, I've completed Call of Duty: World at War on Veteran after all.

I love the Saints Row series. 2 is one my favourite games and I think it manages to have identity of its own in the crime sandbox genre (I refuse to call it the "GTA genre"). 1 is a good game, too, though it really only benefited from excellent voice acting and the takeover mechanic of the campaign. I wish more games had that city takeover idea. The Third was a bit of a let down because it was so tonally scattershot, but it's a lot of fun and definitely a great game.

XCOM: EU is one of my favourite games as well. It's a good counter-game to Dark Souls 1 and 2. Even though it's heavily RNG based I really do feel like I'm winning through skill and tactical thinking rather than just trying for the billionth time that day, even if the game gets rock solid towards the final half.

Spider-Man 2 is a blast, its story and looks wise just as crap as you expect a movie tie-in game to be, but I don't find the combat tedious and the web slinging is so much fun. A film that's a joy to watch and a game that's a joy to play, grand!

State of Decay, again not played much but I did like that it's got an exploration element but keeps you coming back to the people, and has a nice balance about it.

----

Right, brief list because I'm lazy as fuck atm (but I have cut out much of my many Top 10s because they've already been mentioned or are part of the same series).

FarCry is my favourite game so don't hurt mi feelins ;-(
Halo 2
Silent Hill 3
Rayman Legends
Dead Rising 2
TES IV: Oblivion
Bayonetta (I'm not sure whether I love Bayonetta or Bayonetta 2 more, actually)
Team Fortress 2
Call of Duty: World at War
Resident Evil 4

I'm so generic you gais :)

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
retsupurae yahtsee said:
Mario, except the R.P.G.s, 3 and Yoshi's island
Zelda 1 through 3, Twilight Princess and Phantom Hourglass
Little King's Story
Bionic Commando and Rearmed
Popful Mail--just beat this a few days ago, the harder American version
The Evil Within
Little Nemo The Dream Master
Punch Out
Bayonetta
Wing Commander
Batman The Animated Series for the SNES, definitely fucking not for Genesis
Resident Evil 4, 5 and Revelations
Shadow Hearts
Smash TV
Umihara Kawase
Street Fighter 2, 4 and Alpha 3
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Sam and Max
Day of the Tentacle
Quest for Glory, except 2
Space Quest
Gabriel Knight, only the first one
Leisure Suit Larry
Gateway
Superhero League of Hoboken
Spellcasting
Leather Goddesses of Phobos
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Doom
Duke Nukem 3D
Necrovision
Vice City
Half Minute Hero
Dynamite Headdy
I specifically noticed that you were skipped over and have been skipped over myself a couple of times...so I'll talk about the games that you've listed that I too have played!

General Mario Titles - The NES Mario games are iconic but I never cared to beat them. They were really difficult for me and I only managed to beat them with the help of save-states on the Virtual Console...except for the Lost Levels which I haven't even attempted to beat. Super Mario World is my favorite of the original series since it's not as difficult but still lengthy. I don't care for any 3D Mario platformers with the exceptions of Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario 3D Land and, Super Mario 3D World. Galaxy is one of the best games on the Wii, 3D Land is pretty good though really easy and, 3D World is a bit less easy until you get to the post-game which I have yet to complete. New Super Mario Bros is a really solid game series but there's nowhere it can really go considering the gameplay doesn't change. Out of all of the NSMB games, I prefer Wii to the others for it's higher relative difficulty and it's great final fight with Bowser.

Zelda 1 - 3 - The first one is a true open-world game but really hard to beat without a guide. The second one is also a guide-game. The Zelda 2 is by far the most satisfying LoZ game to beat though, in my opinion, given the difficulty of combat. Link to the Past is one of my favorite SNES games and while it isn't as open as the original, I think it improves on the original in every other way. The bosses are all really memorable and this was the game that crafted the template most other LoZ games follow.

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - This was a pretty dark game and the cinematics are a bit much but I still had fun with the game when it let me off of the leash. Out of all of the games in the series, this one had my favorite fight with Ganondorf. I also really enjoyed the dungeons in general. My version is the Gamecube version and that being said, this has to be one of the best looking games on that console.

Punch*Out - This is a pretty difficult game if you're a first timer but once you've figured out your opponent's patterns, it's not as bad. Mike Tyson however is a brick-wall that's nearly impossible to get through. I haven't beaten him...

Bayonetta - I haven't beaten this game but I've enjoyed what I've played. I like Bayonetta as a character and I love how imaginative the attacks are. The boss fights are completely deserving of the often overused term, 'epic' too. I really should get back to playing this...the Wii U version is really solid and the addition of costumes is pretty entertaining to look at but the little bonus effects are also pretty damn cool.

Batman tAS (SNES) - I rented this a couple of times when I was a kid and had fun with it. I loved how easy the level-select codes were to guess since it got me through to many other levels I probably wouldn't have seen otherwise. At one point, during a roller-coaster segment, I was knocked off but I managed to bat-grapple onto the track...where I hung, stuck, until I turned the game off...Fun times!

Resident Evil 4 - I played this long enough to buy a gun from The Merchant that claimed to use 9mm ammo...but wouldn't take the 9mm ammo that I had been amassing up until that point...I was out of ammo, I was frustrated and, I wasn't interested enough to continue. I've since tried from the beginning but I just can't get back into this game.

Resident Evil 5 - I beat this game and enjoyed it. The thing is, it wasn't all that scary or challenging...not the way I played it anyway; just re-playing the first couple of levels again and, again so as to farm gold and buy better weapons. Eh, it was a fun time...the multiplayer seemed pointless though.

Smash TV - I never played this in arcades but I had it on a compilation disc at some point. Anyway, this is a tough game but really cathartic and the cheese-factor raises the fun factor for me. Given the chance, I'd definitely buy that for a dollar.

Street Fighter 2 - I played this on the SNES more than any other console but as a kid, this was my fighting game of choice. It was faster than Mortal Kombat and thus, more fun to play...for me anyway.

Doom - This was a shooter that I had a lot of fun with. I don't think I beat it but it's always a lot of fun to go back to...I need to re-download it...

Duke Nukem 3D - This is one of my favorite FPS games. I really miss the days of maze-like design for shooters with tons of weapons...

GTA: Vice City - This was my favorite in the GTA3 trilogy and the only one that I've actually beaten. I loved the variety of radio stations and, weapons, I loved how you could shoot up a mall, I loved the mission variations. This was a game that I put a lot of time into back during my high school years. Time well spent indeed!

---

My favorite games!

Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Final Fantasy 7, 8 and, 9
Guitar Hero: Metallica
Hyrule Warriors
Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
Mega Man X2
New Super Mario Bros DS
Pokemon...uh...Soul Silver I guess...yeah, I'll stick with that one
Saint's Row 2
Super Mario 3D World
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call

mrdeclandeadly

Feb 24, 2015
Haven't played the games from the people above me and RJ got skipped so I'll do those

RJ 17 said:
-Mass Effect Trilogy - Excellent action games with a great story and a solid cast of characters. An unmissable series.

-Dragon Age Trilogy - I couldn't get into Dragon Age, my friends are mad about the games and they think I'm crazy for calling it boring.

-Skyrim - Sex on a cd, my favourite game of all time.

-Tenchu Z - Never played but I loved Stealth Assassins back in the day, if it's anything like its predecessor I would probably love it.

-Dynasty Warriors (the series, really) - I've only played a little of DW 2, I liked it all right, but didn't play enough to hold an opinion of it

-Dynasty Warriors: Empires (the spinoff series :p) - never played

-Warriors Orochi Trilogy (the cross-over series. :3) - never played

-AvP2 (the one on the PC from way back in the day) - oh god, I have terrifying memories of playing as the marine, in the dark and that radar thingy going off, has some of the scariest moments in gaming for me.

-Diablo 3/Reaper of Souls - Solid game, haven't played the expansion, got bored to be honest, but put 300 hours into D3. Maybe it's nostalgia, but I'd have Diablo and Diablo 2 as better games.

-Bauldar's Gate - Great game, the second best D&D game that I have ever played.

-Planescape: Torment - never played it, even though it looks like my kind of game

-Arkham City - Who doesn't enjoy kicking the shit out of Gotham Cities criminals with the bat. It stuck to the lore and didn't get dragged into the new popular Batman movies like it would have been so easy to do.

-FF4, 6, 7, and Tactics (the original Tactics on the PS) - Never played 4, 6 or Tactics, but 7 is one of my all time favourite games. Great story, characters and world, with one of the most memorable bad guys ever. Sometimes it's a bit of a grind, but I still go back to play it every now and then. The soundtrack was top notch and had loads of fun mini-games. I'd still recommend it to anyone.

-Dead or Alive - Not big into fighting games, have no opinion on this one.

Annnnnnd that's about all I can think of off the top of my head.

Mine would be:

Morrowind

Skyrim

Silent hill 1,2

Resident Evil 1,2,3

Total War: Rome 2

Final Fantasy 7

Legacy of Kain series

Monkey Island series

The Adventures of Alundra

Populous: The Beginning

Neverwinter Nights

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
Evonisia said:
FarCry is my favourite game so don't hurt mi feelins ;-(
Halo 2
Silent Hill 3
Rayman Legends
Dead Rising 2
TES IV: Oblivion
Bayonetta (I'm not sure whether I love Bayonetta or Bayonetta 2 more, actually)
Team Fortress 2
Call of Duty: World at War
Resident Evil 4
Sorry Evonisia...
I've never played FarCry (it's on my steam backlog though), Halo 2, Silent Hill 3, Rayman Legends, Dead Rising 2, Bayonetta, Team Fortress 2, or CoD: World at War.

I have played Rayman Origins and I couldn't get through the game. It triggered my realization that I'm into traditional platformers despite playing the crap out of them on the Commodore 64, NES and SNES back in the day. Everything about the game was well design I just got bored with the experience and move one within a handful of levels. I can only assume I'd say the same for Rayman Legends.

Oblivion: This game has aged horribly. I disliked Skyrim because it felt far too much like playing Oblivion again with all it's current day gaming faults included. That said. I easily put in over 1000 hours in Oblivion during it's launch year. The game was exceptionally fun and addictive with only the main story line leaving you disappointed. A truly excellent game whose combat and mechanics don't hold up over time (at least for me)

Resident Evil 4: Incredible. My 3rd favorite game of all time and one that I've replayed over a dozen times. It's one of the only games I own multiple versions of and I fully expect to revisit it again in the future. This game has quite possibly the best pacing I've ever experienced in all of gaming. It wonderfully delivers high and low points without lingering on them too long and exhausting the player or leaving them bored. The way this game presents it's bosses and builds you up towards them is also top notch. The battles themselves are mediocre but by the time you get to Ramon Salazar you so want that f*&ker dead. The game also has a ton of moments that just burn themselves in your memory over time like iconic movie.
- The initial village encounter with chainsaw guy and the gongs leading to the opening credits
- The cabin encounter surviving a horde of 'zombies' breaking in...beings forced upstairs and low on ammo
- The right hand sewer segment
- Running from the Ramon Salazar statue
- The knife fight with Krauser
- Sitting in the throne
- Regenerators

Edit: Guess I was slow in typing this out so as to not deny the actual poster above me.....

Morrowind: Never played

Skyrim: Disliked this game. See my Oblivion comments above. The combat mechanics were tired and boring. The main quest wasn't interesting to me. The initial dragon encounters were great but it got highly tedius in short order. The only guild that was felt impactful was the assassin's guild. The world of Skyrim is great. The gameplay and desire to explore said world knowing that my actions had no real impact left me bored caused me to put the game down for good within around 50 hours.

Silent hill 1,2: Never played.

Resident Evil 1,2,3: The original is a classic and does survival horror right. Taking this current day gaming hurts because limited item slots and mass backtracking get tiresome quickly. Enduring absurd amounts of door opening loading screens wears you down. Still...excellent overall game especially while within the iconic mansion.

RE2 never grabbed me. It's the equivalent of Bioshock 2 for most Bioshock 1 fans. Everything that made the series great was there but it just didn't have the magic. I love RE2 more for it's gaming ideas on replay value. Something that really should have made it into other games and sadly didn't.

RE3. Great game with genuine scares thanks to nemesis. I though this game was only okay when I originally experienced it near release. Replaying it again years later on the RE6 collectors edition disk made me appreciate just how great of a survival horror title this is. My 3rd favorite entry in the franchise next to RE4 & RE1.

Total War: Rome 2: Never played.

Final Fantasy 7: It's okay. I'm a fan of the FF series but this one doesn't even make it in my top 7 FF games. One of the big reasons for this was the length of the summons and some of the battles. This game really feels like a grind in a bad way. I also didn't find myself attached to the world and many of the characters nearly as much as most fans were. That said, this game contains some epic memorable gaming moments, excellent music, and an iconic villain that steals the show. Well worth a playthrough for RPG fans.

Legacy of Kain series: Never played.

Monkey Island series: I got stuck right near the start before the story could even get off the ground. Revisited the game and got stuck in the same place (within first 30 minutes). I'm too dumb to enjoy this series.

The Adventures of Alundra: Never even heard of this one...let alone seen it or played it.

Populous: The Beginning: Never Played

Neverwinter Nights: Never played...but Neverwinter Nights 2 was solid. I didn't get invested in the story and the experience REALLY dragged as it took me like 80 hours to finish the game. That said, I love D&D and so the gameplay, tactics, and leveling were all great.

My List:

Rock Band (Mainly for the drums)
Final Fantasy 6 (aka FF3 for SNES)
Resident Evil 4 (PC, various consoles)
Warcraft 3 (PC)
Diablo 3 (PC)
Marvel Puzzle Quest (PC/Mobile)
Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES)
The Walking Dead: Season 1 (PC)
inFamous (PS3)

I could add way more but this will do for a nice variety of genres.

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
Superman 64
E.T. for the atari
Gary's Incident
Aliens: Colonial Marines
Sonic Boom
and...
Ride to Hell Retribution

Yep. That about sums it up. Such marvels of top-of-the-line game development.

Azaraxzealot

Dec 1, 2009
mrdeclandeadly said:
Mine would be:

Morrowind

Skyrim

Silent hill 1,2

Resident Evil 1,2,3

Total War: Rome 2

Final Fantasy 7

Legacy of Kain series

Monkey Island series

The Adventures of Alundra

Populous: The Beginning

Neverwinter Nights
Morrowind - Someone at gamestop recommended this to me as an alternative to Fable. I played it for all of two days when someone arrested me for accidentally hitting a guard while trying to save said guard and it lowered all my stats and took away all the items marked as "stolen" (even though literally no one saw me steal them so how would they know?). Also, shitty level scaling of enemies so you never feel like levelling up means anything. So... I hated it.

Skyrim - Took everything I hated about Morrowind/Oblivion and threw it out the window. Then took things I loved from Fallout 3/New Vegas (no level scaling, perks on level up, letting me change my "class" on a whim) and brought them into Elder Scrolls. Just... great.

Silent Hill 1,2 - Hate horror games. Never touched them. But I appreciate what they gave to the games industry.

Resident Evil 1,2,3 - Same as Silent Hill 1,2. (Although I did play Dino Crisis which is pretty much the same thing, still hated it).

Total War: Rome 2 - Never played it.

Final Fantasy 7 - Never played it.

Legacy of Kain Series - Never played it.

Monkey Island Series - Never played it.

Adventures of Alundra - Never played it.

Populous: The Beginning - Never played it.

Neverwinter Nights - Never played it.

Now for my own:

Prototype 1,2

Dragon Age: Origins (when on easy mode)

Postal 2

Rock Band Series

Skyrim

Civilization 5

Borderlands 1, 2 (though I more hate-play 2)

Command and Conquer: Tiberian Sun & Firestorm (only)

Starcraft series

Warcraft 3

Pokemon

Saints Row 2 and 4

Just Cause 2

Crackdown 1 AND 2

Fable series

Runescape

Assassins Creed 4

Costume Quest

Darksiders 1

Dead Rising series

Earth Defense Force 2017, Insect Armageddon

Endless Space

Far Cry 3 & Blood Dragon

Fallout 3/New Vegas

LEGO Star Wars, LEGO Marvel Superheroes

Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor

South Park - The Stick of Truth

Mass Effect series (especially 3)

Halo 1, Halo: ODST, Halo: Reach

Minecraft

Star Wars: Battlefront 2

The Walking Dead (Telltale's)

XCOM: Enemy Unknown (Colonel Willow Smith, Sniper, reporting for duty)

Adeptus Aspartem

Jul 25, 2011
mrdeclandeadly said:
Mine would be:

Morrowind & Skyrim: I'm also a huge TES fan. Great games and obviously we gonna mod them till they break.

Silent hill 1,2 : Great games, i sadly have only played some later installments of the series and they were rather "meh".

Resident Evil 1,2,3: The zombie game. There's not alot to say about besides being really good, creepy and probably a defining pillar of our hobby.

Total War: Rome 2: I've yet to really get into one of these games. I've durdled around with a few of the Total War games but could never play more than a few hours. They're were fun but never really captivated me.

Final Fantasy 7: I've played a bunch of FF's but not the 7th. A craze that totally went past me.

Legacy of Kain series: I do not know these games at all.

Monkey Island series: LucasArts games were some of the first games i've played over 20 years ago at the age of like 5, so MI is probably my most favorite game series ever. I think the 2nd one is probably the best and i also think that people bashed the 4th game way to hard.

The Adventures of Alundra: I wasn't a Ps1 gamer. So i have to pass on this one.

Populous: The Beginning: With Mr. Molyneuxs trackrecord Populous is probably his best game. Simply a brilliant classic game. I've not played this specfic title but the older ones, but if the core concept is the same it's probably a great game.

Neverwinter Nights: Probably the RPG i've spent the most time in ever. One of the best games i've ever played - including the addons. Also it had a really awesome multiplayer mode me and my friends played for hours until we had like Lv 40 characters. I've never had as much fun as a mage before or after this game. It's also sad that NWN2 was a big letdown for me.

My list:

LucasArts Games (Loom, Monkey Island series, Zak McKraken and definlity Grim Fandango)

Gothic Series (1 & 2)

Rock n' Roll Racing (SNES)

Half-Life Series (1+2 & Counter-Strike)

Civilization Series (1,2 & 5)

Transport Tycoon Deluxe

Freelancer

Diablo Series (1 & 2)

Warcraft Series (3 & TFT)

Armored Core (2, For Answer, 4)

I tried to keep it a Top10 List but i'm not quite sure about it. I could easily swap some of the entries with other titles but alot of the mentioned ones are games that either defined me as a gamer, had a huge influence on me and/or are titles i've spent up to mutliple thousands of hours playing them.
Lucas Arts titles were the games i grew up with and Diablo 1, HL1/CS and Freelancer defined me as a gamer during the age of 10-15. I learned english through D1 and my nickname was first used while playing Freelancer online and i haven't changed it in 12 years.

Honorable Mentions: Bastion, Hotline Miami, Dark Souls Series, Saints Row Series, Neverwinter Nights, MassEffect 1 and Portal

FPLOON

Your #1 Source for the Dino Porn
Jul 10, 2013
Shoggoth2588 said:
My favorite games!

Hyrule Warriors
Mega Man X2
New Super Mario Bros DS
Saint's Row 2
Super Mario 3D World
Deus Ex: Human Revolution: Pass...

Final Fantasy 7, 8 and, 9: Barely played 7, 8, or 9... and just know their overall story and characters...

Guitar Hero: Metallica: Like the Guitar Hero series... But, I haven't played this version of the game...

Hyrule Warriors: I've only played this game with friends... and I am a fan of the Warrior Orochi games, so there's that...

Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past: Never played the base game, but I have played the Derpy re-skinned version of LTTP and enjoyed that immensely...

Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga: This game's the shit! I've beaten this game more times than I could count... and could probably do it again if I wanted to right now...

Mega Man X2: Pass...

New Super Mario Bros DS: I played my friend's copy of the game and pretty much enjoyed what it had to offer...

Pokemon Soul Silver: Only played Heart Gold in this situation, but I'm sure it was just as good as Heart Gold...

Saint's Row 2: Pass...

Super Mario 3D World: Only played this at the Nintendo Lounge and was really digging the 3D at the time...

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call: Pass... (But, I'm sure the soundtrack's fantastic nonetheless...)

RJ 17 said:
FPLOON said:
Corruption of Champions
-Oh-ho-ho! You're a dirty, NAUGHTY boy, aren't you! Hehehehe, I wonder how many people know what this is...I don't know what would surprise me more: if a lot of people know what it is or if only a few people know what it is. :p
I do know some people on this very site that both know and have played that particular game... At least two(?) of them enjoyed it just as much as I did... ;)

...And, just to repeat my list, I guess:
FPLOON said:
Kingdom Hearts 1.5/2.5 HD ReMIXCatherineSonic GenerationsJak & Daxter CollectionTales of SymphoniaRayman Origns/Rayman LegendsRezChild of EdenThe World Ends With YouLEGO Star Wars: The Complete SagaPersona 3 FESSuper Smash Bros.Corruption of Champions

Blinktv

Nov 24, 2013
FPLOON said:
Shoggoth2588 said:
My favorite games!

Hyrule Warriors
Mega Man X2
New Super Mario Bros DS
Saint's Row 2
Super Mario 3D World
Deus Ex: Human Revolution: Pass...

Final Fantasy 7, 8 and, 9: Barely played 7, 8, or 9... and just know their overall story and characters...

Guitar Hero: Metallica: Like the Guitar Hero series... But, I haven't played this version of the game...

Hyrule Warriors: I've only played this game with friends... and I am a fan of the Warrior Orochi games, so there's that...

Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past: Never played the base game, but I have played the Derpy re-skinned version of LTTP and enjoyed that immensely...

Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga: This game's the shit! I've beaten this game more times than I could count... and could probably do it again if I wanted to right now...

Mega Man X2: Pass...

New Super Mario Bros DS: I played my friend's copy of the game and pretty much enjoyed what it had to offer...

Pokemon Soul Silver: Only played Heart Gold in this situation, but I'm sure it was just as good as Heart Gold...

Saint's Row 2: Pass...

Super Mario 3D World: Only played this at the Nintendo Lounge and was really digging the 3D at the time...

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call: Pass... (But, I'm sure the soundtrack's fantastic nonetheless...)

RJ 17 said:
FPLOON said:
Corruption of Champions
-Oh-ho-ho! You're a dirty, NAUGHTY boy, aren't you! Hehehehe, I wonder how many people know what this is...I don't know what would surprise me more: if a lot of people know what it is or if only a few people know what it is. :p
I do know some people on this very site that both know and have played that particular game... At least two(?) of them enjoyed it just as much as I did... ;)

...And, just to repeat my list, I guess:
FPLOON said:
Kingdom Hearts 1.5/2.5 HD ReMIXCatherineSonic GenerationsJak & Daxter CollectionTales of SymphoniaRayman Origns/Rayman LegendsRezChild of EdenThe World Ends With YouLEGO Star Wars: The Complete SagaPersona 3 FESSuper Smash Bros.Corruption of Champions
Alrighty it's go time
Kingdom Hearts 1.5/2.5 HD ReMIX: Never played, damn.
Catherine: never played, damn.
Sonic Generations: I'm beginning to think I should of waited.
Jak & Daxter Collection: Never played, but these where the games I heard of as a kid and always wanted to play.
Tales of Symphonia: Damn it
Rayman Origns/Rayman Legends: Never really cared for it.
Rez: Way too colourful for my simple brain.
Child of Eden: another one I want to play.
The World Ends With You: Never played it, damn.
LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga: I will always remember this series as coop games that reminded me of how few friends I actually had at the time, ah nostalgia.
Persona 3 FES: I recently completed P3P for the first time and enjoyed almost everything, the exception is Fuuka's voice acting.
Super Smash Bros.: I am not a fighting game person myself, but I really enjoyed the short time I had with Brawl.
Corruption of Champions: Damn.

Alright, it's my turn now.
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. CoP
Half Life: Opposing Force
Resident Evil: REmake(RE:RE as I like to say/spell/interpretativedance it )
Dead Space 2
Silent Hill 3
Fallout: New Vegas( or any of the main ones really)
Persona 4 Golden
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Dark Souls
Shipping simulator 2012(Fire Emblem Awakening)

Spider RedNight

There are holes in my brain
Oct 8, 2011
Blinktv said:
Alright, it's my turn now.
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. CoP
Half Life: Opposing Force
Resident Evil: REmake(RE:RE as I like to say/spell/interpretativedance it )
Dead Space 2
Silent Hill 3
Fallout: New Vegas( or any of the main ones really)
Persona 4 Golden
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Dark Souls
Shipping simulator 2012(Fire Emblem Awakening)
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. CoP - Never played it! :D

Half Life: Opposing Force - ...Never played it! :D

Resident Evil: REmake - I'm not entirely a big fan of Resident Evil but again, I've never played it!

Dead Space 2: HOLY CRAP I love this game, actually. Love the action and how hopeless everything seems in the end. Ellie's awesome and I like that Isaac is insane but it doesn't REALLY affect him, he just deals with it as it happens and moves on. I loved this game.

Silent Hill 3: Arguably my least favourite Japanese Silent Hill game but still very good, the characters were sympathetic and it's nice to see a badass normal female as the lead. The enemies and some sections of that game pissed me off, though. But it's not a bad game at all.

Fallout: New Vegas - I like Fallout 3 just a BIT more but New Vegas definitely isn't bad. It has Raul and I really only stick around for Raul. But there's no Liam Neeson. Sad day.

Persona 4 Golden - Never played it but I've heard good things about it.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - ....NEVER FKLDFKEHGD PLAYED IT! :D

Dark Souls - I personally can't stand this game but people like it for reasons so I'm glad you like it, bro xD

Fire Emblem Awakening - I'm really bad at this. Nevvvver played it? -shruuug-

Hahaaaaaa sorry. I'm like REALLY bad at this.

Okay, here's to the next person!

TTG The Walking Dead (just season one)
Silent Hill 2
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic
Borderlands 2
Batman: Arkham City
Okami
Tales from the Borderlands
Animal Crossing (any)
Donkey Kong Country

thejboy88

Aug 29, 2010
Caramel Frappe said:
Azaraxzealot said:
Now for my own:

Mine are:

- Dark Souls
- Dark Souls 2
- Dead Space
- Dead Space 2
- Dead Space 3 AS IF! THIS GAME DOESN'T EXIST TO ME YOU HEAR??
- League of Legends
- TellTales the Walking Dead
- Darkest Dungeon
- Skyrim
- Team Fortress 2
- Pokemon Omega Ruby
- Alien: Isolation
- Epic Battle Fantasy 4
- Katawa Shoujo
Of that list, I only ever played Skyrim and TF2. I liked both games, and the latter is the only multiplayer experience I can honestly say I've enjoyed. As for Skyrim, it's probably among my favourite open world games, with hours of stuff for me to do, thought I will admit that I was never able to get into being a spellcaster as much as I just like running around hitting stuff with my sword.

As for my own favourites:
Final Fantasy IX
Metal Gear Solid
Shadow of the colossus
Silent Hill 2
Dragon Age Origins
Journey
Super Mario Galaxy

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011
thejboy88 said:
As for my own favourites:
Final Fantasy IX - I still need to actually get back into playing this one on my Vita, but I'd honestly say it was the most I was enjoying an FF in a long while. Though I can't make a definitive statement on it yet, it might end up being one of my favorite games in the series.

Metal Gear Solid - Never really tried much of this series. The only game I've gotten into with the name "Metal Gear" attached to it was Rising. I'm a dirty blasphemer.

Shadow of the colossus - Have tried it and enjoyed what I played, though I haven't finished it. Beautiful game, in any case.

Silent Hill 2 - I'm not a big fan of the spooky scary variety of games, so I'm probably never picking this one up. I find its story very interesting, though.

Dragon Age Origins - I first played this game on the 360. I got it on PC, but never played it since. I think my console experience unfairly tarnished my view of the game.

Journey - Interesting concept, but don't really have any desire to try it out.

Super Mario Galaxy - Probably one of my favorite Mario games. It's just quite a bit of fun and the amount of variations that are thrown at you with the galaxies keep things fresh.
For my own:

Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne
The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
Pokemon G/S/C
Final Fantasy IV
King of Fighters XIII
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Halo 3
Danganronpa (both games, why the hell not)
Dark Souls II
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Could think of plenty more but these will do.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
thejboy88 said:
Final Fantasy IX
Metal Gear Solid
Shadow of the colossus
Silent Hill 2
Dragon Age Origins
Journey
Super Mario Galaxy
I have only played Dragon Age Origins and Shadow of the Colossus from that list.

Origins was good, but I was a little disappointed with it (I played it a couple years after release, when it had been fairly hyped).
Shadow of the Colossus is excellent. Not in my favourites though.
Edit: Ninja'd:
Solaire of Astora said:
Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne
The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
Pokemon G/S/C
Final Fantasy IV
King of Fighters XIII
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Halo 3
Danganronpa (both games, why the hell not)
Dark Souls II
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Could think of plenty more but these will do.
Wind Waker is on my list as well.
Halo 3 is pretty great. Definitely my favourite of the Halo games. Fighting the two scarabs in the campaign was awesome.
Oblivion would be on my list as well if I wasn't just picking one game per series.
I've never been a huge fan of pokemon games.

Haven't played the others.

My list:
Mount and Blade: Warband
Skyrim
Bastion
Mass Effect 2
Wind Waker
Shining Force
Dishonored
Rock Band 2
Minecraft
Assassin's Creed 2
Fallout 3
Borderlands 2
Mario Sunshine
007 Nightfire
Guild Wars 2

Aug 31, 2012
RedDeadFred said:
Mount and Blade: Warband

Really couldn't stand this one, didn't find the gameplay entertaining in any way. Nice idea though.

Skyrim

Loved Oblivion, but this one, nope. World doesn't inspire me to explore, which is the main point I find in Bethesda FPRPGs. Made about 5 characters to try different play styles and got about 25 hrs or so in with each before getting bored and stopped playing.

Minecraft

Fun for a while but lacking anything specific to do. Probably better with friends

Fallout 3

In my top 3. Exploring the irradiated carcass of civilisation appeals to me greatly. After playing NV I feel it could do with a bit more in the way of longer coherent side quests and some proper voiced companions, but otherwise it's all good.

Borderlands 2

Good. Love the environment and aesthetic, but the gameplay does start to wear a bit thin if you've played the 1st. Can play in short doses after a long break. Still probably my favourite shooter.

Guild Wars 2

Decent. Looks good, nicely made environments that are generally fairly believable, gameplay's ok. But again, not a game I can play in big chunks. Play for a few hours then won't touch again for weeks.
Mine

Civ IV

Oblivion

FO3/NV

Worms (original)

Dawn of War 1&2

Medieval Total War 2

Probably some others I can't think of right now

Ironman126

Dark DM Overlord
Apr 7, 2010
Zykon TheLich said:
Mine

Civ IV

Oblivion

FO3/NV

Worms (original)

Dawn of War 1&2

Medieval Total War 2

Probably some others I can't think of right now
My favorites:

Rome Total War

Mass Effect 1

Mass Effect 3

Dragon Age: Origins

Company of Heroes

Metro 2033 & Last Light

STALKER: Call of Pripyat

Borderlands 2

Now, on to Zykon's picks...

Civ IV: I only played a little bit of Civ IV, but it didn't seem to capture the magic of Civ III. Maybe if I had more time with it, it would have.

Oblivion: Gag me with a rusted spoon. I admit, I played Oblivion after Fallout 3 had spoiled me with improved graphics and characters that didn't look like bloated corpses. However, that does not change the fact that I never had any fun playing Oblivion.

FO3/NV: Oh, gods yes. These are both fantastic. So many hours spent in Fallout. I can hardly imagine what I might have accomplished with my life had I not spent it engrossed in Fallout.

Worms: I do not recall ever playing this one. I may have to do so sometime.

Dawn of War 1&2: See Fallout 3/NV. Seriously, were it not for Homeworld, DoW 1 would be the best RTS of all time. Sadly, Relic was never able to top themselves. DoW 2 was excellent as well, but in a different way. It was more story focused, with interesting characters. I played the hell out of both.

Medieval Total War 2: One of the best, if not the best, of the Total War franchise. My only complaint is that the early game units are all boring and the same for all factions.

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
Ironman126 said:
My favorites:

Rome Total War

Mass Effect 1

Mass Effect 3

Company of Heroes

Metro 2033 & Last Light

Borderlands 2
Rome: haven't played it yet but from what I hear, it's the Final Fantasy VII of the Total War series. I am otherwise enamoured with Shogun 2, and I'm retroactively working my way through the series(aside from Empire, I mean Jesus Christ). The unit collision gets me every time though XD

Mass Effect 1: A damn good pulpy space adventure. I thoroughly enjoyed the presentation and the music, and it's one of the last good 'old' Bioware games in my opinion. There's something about the new ones that feels different, whereas the older stuff always felt like an adventure, the new stuff feels more like a spectacle.

Mass Effect 3: The story didn't grab me here as much as in ME 2 or 1, but the individual character moments were otherwise pretty solid, doubly so with the Citadel DLC. Multiplayer was pretty good too.

Dragon Age: Origins: Similar to Mass Effect 1. It has the 'old Bioware' feel, but with a massive scale to boot. Whilst the story was standard, Origins had some of the best characters that Bioware has ever written imho(namely Morrigan and Alistair). The combat was sluggish, but the dialogue was rich, choices were aplenty, and there were many an intricate dungeon to crawl: all of which were enjoyable.

Company of Heroes: I goddamn love this RTS incidentally ;D I particularly like the depth put in to the individual squad mechanics, with veterancy systems, dynamic cover and line of sight. It also has a pretty good single player skirmish mode, and every battle feels like a struggle: you have to work hard to get to the point where you steamroll tanks across the map, and even then, a well-placed artillery strike could lay waste to even the most heavily armoured of vehicles. Almost endless replayability: fantastic RTS.

Metro Last Light & 2033: I agree there too lol. Great atmosphere, amazing gunplay, great level design that has been lost in shooters as of late and stellar graphics to boot. Whilst I really dislike the story, the details gone into creating the factions and the urban myths of the Metro help distract away from the ending and supernatural nonsense. Less so of a game, more of an experience, and a damn good one at that.

STALKER: Call of Pripyat: You'd think that given my fondness for Metro, I would have played this, sadly I haven't :X
Though from what I've seen, it does look rather impressive, and since it's sustained by a good modding community, I'll have to check it out at some point. Can't get enough of Eastern European nuclear Armageddon :p

Borderlands 2: Played a good amount of it a while back. Whilst the story can meander a bit, the art direction is pretty good and the RPG elements mesh well with the FPS side of things. I also enjoy the sense of adventure when you traverse open plains, but this game didn't grab me all that much, not out of any inherent flaws, just perhaps due to it's length. Fun though.

My favourites:

Spec Ops The Line

Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Knights of The Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords

Mass Effect 2

Persona 4

Dark Souls

Total War: Shogun 2

Danbo Jambo

Sep 26, 2014
Ironman126 said:
My favorites:

Rome Total War

Mass Effect 1

Mass Effect 3

Company of Heroes

Metro 2033 & Last Light

Borderlands 2
Ironman126

Rome Total War - Great choice. One of my own personal fave RTS games, and a game that will suck you in for months on end.

Mass Effect 1 - Superb choice. This will be on my fave games list. An utter classic and amazing blend of RPG & action. Also the closest I've ever felt to living that Star Wars/Buck Rogers/Star Rek/etc. fantasy for myself.

Mass Effect 3 - Ouch, hated it with a passion. A watered down, half-arsed, junk-food horrible experience for me, and a disgusting butchery of the first game. The ending is irrelevant to all that as I never got that far lol.

Dragon Age: Origins - Superb choice again and another which will be on my fave list. Another utter classic often panned for it's, IMO, brilliant combat. No need to mention the RPG aspect of it, probably the best RPG ever created which respected the importance of illusion before the dialogue tree was made redundant. Classix x 1000.

Company of Heroes - Never played it!

Metro 2033 & Last Light - I've played Last Light and....whilst it's got undoubted quality, a superb atmosphere, story & sense of immersion.....I just found it a bit lacking snd simple in the gameplay elements. I also got stuck at a certain point where I couldn't find a way out of room lol. Maybe I'll revisit this, I did enjoy it but I think I wanted more to it ala Fallout 3.

STALKER: Call of Pripyat - Never played, but on my list of games to play. looks very intersting.

Borderlands 2 - Again never played, but I wasn't keen on the first game. I'm a single player only player and the first left me very unsatisfied.

MY CHOICES:

Mass Effect 1

The Witcher 2

Super Mario World

Contra 3: The Alien Wars

Golden Axe

Street Fighter 2: Hyper Fighting

XCOM: Enemy Within

XCOM: Enemy Unknown (90's version)

Final Fantasy X

Final Fantasy 7

Fallout 3

Morrowind

Saints Row 4

God of War 1

Summoner 2

Mini Ninjas

The Warriors

Okami

Sorry there's so many!

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Mass Effect 1: Hate the shooting in that game, thought it was just OK, never finished it.

Dragon Age: Origins: I played the intro with an elf once, not sure why I didn't bother playing more.

The Witcher 2: My PC can't handle it.

Super Mario World: Love it, I used to play it a lot on the GBA, I preferred playing as Luigi over Mario.

Contra 3: The Alien Wars: Contra is always great, the Alien Wars was fun but I never finished it, I prefer the Genesis exclusive Hard Corps over it to be honest, the branching paths and different characters with different gameplay styles make it more fun but Alien Wars is great too.

Golden Axe: Pretty fun brawler, hate the stupid thieving midget things though.

Street Fighter 2: Hyper Fighting: I don't care much about it, I prefer SNK over Capcom.

XCOM: Enemy Within: Haven't played it even though I own it.

XCOM: Enemy Unknown (90's version): Same as above (They came in a bundle.)

Final Fantasy X: I never bothered with this since I don't own a PS2 or any platfor in which it is available but I'm not very interested on it.

Final Fantasy 7: It's pretty good but I still prefer VI over it :p

Fallout 3: Only Fallout I haven't played, not sure why, then again I never finished any Fallout games...

Morrowind: Never played it.

Saints Row 4: Never PLayed it

God of War 1: Never Played it

Summoner 2: Is this a GBA game? I think I have it but I don't remember much about it, I think it's a JRPG and you start in a forrest maybe, I'm not sure I'm pretty sure you can choose between a guy and a girl, I think I remember more about the first one but I may also be confusing it with something else, in the first one I got the summon thing that my father had, if it really is the series I'm thinking about.

Mini Ninjas: Never played it but I was always confuse it with a gamecube game which I think was called I ninja but I'm not sure.

The Warriors: Never played it.

Okami: I sadly have't played this but only because I do not own any platforms in which this game is available.
My turn I guess.

TLoZ Majora's Mask

TLoZ Windwaker

TLoZ Minish Cap (I really like Zelda games OK)

Max Payne 1 & 2 but not 3 that is shit.

TimeSplitters trilogy

Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory

Mother 3

A Wolf Among Us

Terranigma (The whole Gaia trilogy actually :p)

Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow

Garou Mark of The Wolves

The Last Blade 2

F-Zero X

Golden Sun

Chrono Trigger

I think I'll stop there otherwise I'll never finish this.