List your Top 5 Most Disturbing Movies

Grimh

Feb 11, 2009
Well there's that one Serbian film...

Can't remember what it was called though.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
In no particular order:

The Thing. The transformations and monsters will never be matched.
Full Metal Jacket. Not your average war-film is all I can say.
The Shining. Kubrick, 'nuff said.

Ryan Hughes

Jul 10, 2012
See, I do not like films that try too hard to be disturbing. A Serbian Film? Human Centipede? seriously? you could have an inbred aardvark direct those films and they would be superficially disturbing. Try something that engages on a deeper level:

Requiem for a Dream. (seriously, they should make junkies watch that movie.)
Alien. (the original to capture the fear of not being on top of the food chain for once.)
A Clockwork Orange. (Or any Kubrick film. This one has not been mentioned yet.)

Icehearted

Jul 14, 2009
5. John Carpenter's The Thing
4. The Pianist
3. Lolita (1997, and even that one's tame compared to the novel)
2. Saving Private Ryan
1. Johny Got His Gun

prophecy2514

Nov 7, 2011
only two for me

big trouble in little china and the thing. thankyou for disturbing me john carpenter

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Flizzick said:
For some reason Se7en, Memento and Fight Club come to mind. They're pretty standard psych thrillers to be sure, but whenever I think about the meticulous amount of planning and work the villains (In Memento's case, the hero) put into everything, as well as what the movies as a whole individually represent... I don't know, it's just terrifying.

Maybe I have an sub-conscience fear of Brad Pitt... and Guy Pearce
Speaking of Guy Pearce, ever seen Ravenous?

RipRoaringWaterfowl

Jun 20, 2011
For me, who doesn't really see macrabe movies, there is only one.

A movie I saw snippets of in history class two years ago, that is disturbing and scary in it's own twisted way.

Triumph of The Will

My pick for the scariest movie of all time.

Trololo Punk

May 14, 2011
I don't watch many disturbing movies myself. Curious of some of the examples listed by others. I searched some of them and watched a couple scenes. Certainly regret doing that... Shit...

Bribase

Nov 30, 2010
Wolf Creek- I could never handle violence against women

Irreversible- Just about the entire thing.

District 9- The weapon experiments made me sick to my stomach.

Johnny Got His Gun- Just watch it. it's as awesome as it is disturbing.

One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest- The idea of being lobotomised, coupled with the idea that this is legal and even medically endorsed is just about the scariest notion ever to me.

winginson

Mar 27, 2011
Able Seacat said:
The only one that comes to mind is Love Exposure

Though I haven't seen it all the way through as it's just so long. Sorry to not list 5 OP.
I havn't seen it but saw the trailer. I saw a romance film about redemption, ninja upskirt photo skills, then holy what the crap she's tied up, there's a broken school bus and they are in the middle of a salt plain with random bits of fire. Ermmm.....

OT: Just two: Devils Rejects and Hellraiser.

Flizzick

Jun 29, 2011
amaranth_dru said:
Flizzick said:
For some reason Se7en, Memento and Fight Club come to mind. They're pretty standard psych thrillers to be sure, but whenever I think about the meticulous amount of planning and work the villains (In Memento's case, the hero) put into everything, as well as what the movies as a whole individually represent... I don't know, it's just terrifying.

Maybe I have an sub-conscience fear of Brad Pitt... and Guy Pearce
Speaking of Guy Pearce, ever seen Ravenous?
No, but I might check it out, even though cannibalism isn't exactly my thing. I'm actually more interested in what role he'll play in Iron Man 3.