Little things that Shape your life towards the Annoying.

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
Hi, I'm Obsidian Jones and I can't stand the taste of Cheese. All cheeses. Yes, my family tried and I had to retch every time.

I also don't really like the taste of chocolate because it coats my tongue. Finally, I don't drink.

Most people will read that and will not understand that makes a bulk of social events tiresome for me.

When I get the menu, I have to scour for anything I can actually eat, because people put cheese in everything. And I have to ask people who've been there before if a certain item has cheese. I get the sighs and the looks, and they say "if you don't see cheese, Obsidian, then it doesn't have cheese".

Then of course I ask and 75% of the time some cheese was added because no one every had an issue about it before.

Sidebar. Have you ever tried to date a woman in Manhattan and you tell her you don't drink? You've probably just made a friend for a temporary amount of time until she goes finds someone else who will party with her as she likes.

And the chocolate thing, no one can understand. Kids really can't. I remember telling a child who was allergic to chocolate that it was ok, because I don't like the taste of chocolate either. That boy looked at me confused and said "... I LOVE chocolate. I just can't eat it. What's wrong with you?!" and yelled to his mother (my friend) "MOM! OBSIDIAN DOESN'T LIKE CHOCOLATE!!!" to which his mother said "I know, we choose to love him anyway".

I'm tired of explaining my tastes. I just don't like it. I'm tired of people suggesting cheeses or wines or chocolates to have to change my mind. I'm fine without it. And I'm so very tired that people acting like my not drinking means we couldn't socialize (before the pandemic). What does me being clearheaded have to do with how actually fun I am?

Anyway, it doesn't ruin my life. It's just Annoying. As the title of this thread states. Any of you got something you're tired of dealing with or explaining or having people act like it's a big deal when it really, really isn't?

Reactions: Dalisclock

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Wow, you're a madman, cheese and chocolate are two of the best flavours on Earth. Imagine not enjoying a slice of chocolate cheesecake!

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
That's understandable: you live in North America. Try going somewhere where people have the faintest idea how to make cheese.
I take offense to this statement. Not all American cheese is craft cheese slices...just most of it is.

Seriously though, Wisconsin cheese curds are amazing, and yes I say that as someone who does have access to and eats good European cheeses. I'm quite partial to a good stilton.

As for me, I don't like children. I don't find children to be cute, fun, or entertaining. I find their little screaming voices grating, and any time I go out I prefer to go to venues where there will be no children. This is also annoying because during the pandemic kids don't have normal school hours meaning they're constantly running around outside my window yelling at each other while I'm trying to work.

This is also annoying because I'm at the age now where my friends are having children. No I don't want to baby-sit your children. No I don't want to go to your child's birthday party. No your 1 week old baby isn't cute it looks like a hairless cat get it away from me.

Thirdly this is annoying because everyone in my family keeps trying to convince me that when I have my own children it'll definitely 100% be different, to which I keep reminding them that I have no desire to bring any spawn into this world. Unfortunately no one seems to accept that answer.

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
The first three comments about how weird it was I don't like cheese/That I didn't try X Brand of cheese/And how good cheese is.

Thank you for proving my need to make this thread šŸ˜

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
I don't like ketchup, mustard or mayonnaise. At ALL. As a kid, my fast food orders had to be freshly made specifically because I wasn't eating the shit under the wamers covered in slop. Nigh invariably, they'd get it wrong and put the typical bullshit goop on my food, and my mom (unwilling to spend more time in a McDonald's or Wendys than she felt necessary) would just "scrap it off" and make me eat it which led to a pathological aversion to the unholy trinity in my adulthood. Ironically enough, like my mother, I don't have the patience for fast food, so when they get my orders wrong, I just throw it away and chalk it up as a loss.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
I don't have the patience for fast food.
So...do you have patience for food in general? Like what do you eat if you can't even be bothered to wait 3 minutes for a burger? Are you one of those people who lives on soylent shakes?

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
The first three comments about how weird it was I don't like cheese/That I didn't try X Brand of cheese/And how good cheese is.

Thank you for proving my need to make this thread šŸ˜

Stop being a cheesist. It's wrong. All they are doing is sitting there and you have to go wretch all over them

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
This thread is going to radicalise me.

Am one of those weirdos who neither loves or hates marmite. Granted, no-one's called me out on it yet, but it's just a matter of time!
I also like (mostly victimless) crimes, and am not fond of having to explain to the authorities every time they catch me doing them. (I jest. They haven't caught me so far, but it's just a matter of time!)

Have you tried eating raw/crushed cocoa beans? They're supposed to have the highest level of antioxidants and other health benefits, as long as the bitterness isn't much of a problem. Up to 50mg of polyphenols per gram!

It's essentially eternal life...

Last edited:

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
So...do you have patience for food in general? Like what do you eat if you can't even be bothered to wait 3 minutes for a burger? Are you one of those people who lives on soylent shakes?
"Patience" in the context that I don't have the patience to wait for them to replace my order when they inexorably mess up my "special" request for no condiments. If my order is wrong, I just pitch it and go somewhere else.

Wintermute

Elite Member
Apr 25, 2020
Pindorama
I don't like Star Wars, Star Trek or superhero movies. I didn't watch Avengers Ender's Game, Star Wars The Last Rise of Forcewalker or Star: Trek Beyond Darkness. These movies are very popular but they do nothing for me, so I get the inevitable

when I say I don't like them, and it's not because I'm some pretentious asshole. I watch a lot of crap, I've been watching shit movies my entire life. I gave Star Wars another chance with the force awakens, I tried watching some marvel movies, but it's not for me. I'm sorry but Fast and Furious is the superior cinematic universe in my opinion. I'm ok with super heroes during carnaval though, their silly costumes fit right in.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
I don't like Star Wars, Star Trek or superhero movies. I didn't watch Avengers Ender's Game, Star Wars The Last Rise of Forcewalker or Star: Trek Beyond Darkness. These movies are very popular but they do nothing for me, so I get the inevitable

when I say I don't like them, and it's not because I'm some pretentious asshole. I watch a lot of crap, I've been watching shit movies my entire life. I gave Star Wars another chance with the force awakens, I tried watching some marvel movies, but it's not for me. I'm sorry but Fast and Furious is the superior cinematic universe in my opinion. I'm ok with super heroes during carnaval though, their silly costumes fit right in.
It will forever mystify me how Fast and the Furious went from being Point Break with cars to MASK with the serial numbers filed off.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I don't really like being around people, but people don't really look at me funny for that since I'm not around them to see it.

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States

I have a tangential problem. I know the lore about these comics. I know what actually happened. And I know enough to know that Iron Man is truly the JerkAss of the Civil War incident.

And the way that the MCU focuses on him when he capitalized on a horrific event for personal power makes me angry that people like RDJ so much that they think Iron Man is cool.

Jesus Christ, most of the plots of the Avengers and his own movies are directly his fault. War mongering, telling the world he's Iron Man for his own ego sparking an Arms Race that everyone up to the United States Government tried to get into, Again Tony's ego having him call out a terrorist putting his loved ones in danger, he and Banner creating Ultron, Not wanting to do it Steve's way because he had to have vengeance more than the rule of law... even in the Universe where they are convinced Iron Man is the coolest person alive, he still ruins most things!

Stop being a cheesist. It's wrong. All they are doing is sitting there and you have to go wretch all over them
Take your pro-cheese propaganda elsewhere. I have no need for your spoiled, Bacteria ridden, curdled teat juice!

Reactions: Trunkage

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
I have a tangential problem. I know the lore about these comics. I know what actually happened. And I know enough to know that Iron Man is truly the JerkAss of the Civil War incident.

And the way that the MCU focuses on him when he capitalized on a horrific event for personal power makes me angry that people like RDJ so much that they think Iron Man is cool.

Jesus Christ, most of the plots of the Avengers and his own movies are directly his fault. War mongering, telling the world he's Iron Man for his own ego sparking an Arms Race that everyone up to the United States Government tried to get into, Again Tony's ego having him call out a terrorist putting his loved ones in danger, he and Banner creating Ultron, Not wanting to do it Steve's way because he had to have vengeance more than the rule of law... even in the Universe where they are convinced Iron Man is the coolest person alive, he still ruins most things!
Huh, thought it was just me that couldn't stand him.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane

Iā€™d agree with this but ALSO the arrogance of Captain America. I get government control is a problem. But heroes have been destroying things regularly generally without regard. At least Tony was paying for damages

It was the Incredibles problem all over again. Yes, they might save the day but also not. No one cares why a battle was fought, just that their house was destroyed in a fight that did mean anything to them.

Also, went rogue with a mass murderer. I understand heā€™s been mind controlled but you HAVE to explain stuff to the authorities appropriately or they will track you down

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Iā€™d agree with this but ALSO the arrogance of Captain America. I get government control is a problem. But heroes have been destroying things regularly generally without regard. At least Tony was paying for damages

It was the Incredibles problem all over again. Yes, they might save the day but also not. No one cares why a battle was fought, just that their house was destroyed in a fight that did mean anything to them.

Also, went rogue with a mass murderer. I understand heā€™s been mind controlled but you HAVE to explain stuff to the authorities appropriately or they will track you down
Yeah, no one truly came out of Civil War looking good. Better than the comic, but Tony and Steve both really pulled some bone headed moves.

Crystal Violet

2020: I have not gotten over the scarf thing
Legacy
Sep 22, 2020
Paris
Country
France
I'm tired of explaining my tastes. I just don't like it. I'm tired of people suggesting cheeses or wines or chocolates to have to change my mind. I'm fine without it. And I'm so very tired that people acting like my not drinking means we couldn't socialize (before the pandemic). What does me being clearheaded have to do with how actually fun I am?
That's understandable: you live in North America. Try going somewhere where people have the faintest idea how to make cheese.
My goodness you could not have illustrated his point any further lol. Wow.

I've lived in France for most of my life, Agema, and I don't like cheese. Come gawk at the freaks. If you throw peanuts at us we might dance for you.

Am one of those weirdos who neither loves or hates marmite.
Same. The love-hate dichotomy is a marketing scam.

Thirdly this is annoying because everyone in my family keeps trying to convince me that when I have my own children it'll definitely 100% be different, to which I keep reminding them that I have no desire to bring any spawn into this world. Unfortunately no one seems to accept that answer.
YES can relate. Yes I am a woman in her late 20s no I do not want to get pregnant. My conservative Jewish parents have their fucking grandchildren from my brother and sister (with their respective wife and husband, not each other, jeesh). I love my niece and nephew and will be happy to be their weird aunt but I will scrub my uterus with bleach before squeezing out my own.

Any of you got something you're tired of dealing with or explaining or having people act like it's a big deal when it really, really isn't?
It's not really the same thing because I don't explain it but it is maybe related. Some of you say my "We need to talk about feet" thread. I have a weird attraction to barefoot woman, seeing it as sort of sexual, and so I am shy with being barefoot around people. Therefore I hate hate hate if I go to someone's house and they make us take off our shoes. If I know before leaving that this will happen I can at least wear socks but I need to be careful not to wear Toms or ballerinas with no socks in case I arrive at the door for a party or something and end up walking with bare feet in front of people for the night. I will get so self conscious and it is much worse if I have to be around someone I am attracted to.

This can be a particular problem if we are out with friends and one of them suggests we go to their home after and I know they have a rule about shoes in the house. I will have to look for an excuse not to go because I can't explain that I don't want to stuck in a situation where I am forced to be barefoot around people.

I am weird. Thank you for listening, doctor. Please charge my credit card.

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
I've lived in France for most of my life, Agema, and I don't like cheese.

My conservative Jewish parents have their fucking grandchildren from my brother and sister (with their respective wife and husband, not each other, jeesh).
Out of interest, did anyone reading this need to have it clarified that they'd married other people?

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
You know, I'm genuinely curious as to what point a dairy goes from not-cheese to cheese and that switch flips. Like, sufficiently heavy cream? Cottage cheese or cream cheese? Processed cheese food product? Sour cream? Greek yogurt or ricotta?

Mostly idle curiosity, not really expecting an answer. Just a weird thought I had.

My own personal annoyance making my life hell these days is my psychic vampire of a co-worker. A letch to the point of comically leaning over the counter to look at asses, brags about his probably mostly fictional military service committing tacit war crimes, plays nothing music wise beyond '80s rock ballads and generic 2000s rock for hours at a time (he thinks they're actually hard, the fucking casual), general "expert" at anything he has an opinion on, is decidedly *not* an expert with computers, compliant that the rest lazy moochers should be making as much money as possible for the shop while he gives out discounts left and right, yells at phone center people while pretending to be the boss, and most recently "I know a guy"d our shop into 2+ weeks of broken computers and a $10k+ tech support bill while assuming he had the authority to make those decisions.