LittleBigPlanet 2 Slips to 2011

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
LittleBigPlanet 2 Slips to 2011

Gamers will need to wait a little bit longer to start playing with Sackboy a second time around.

When originally announced [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/100562-LittleBigPlanet-2-Changes-the-Game-by-Letting-You-Design-It], Media Molecule's second turn with Sackboy was supposed to hit shelves this holiday season. Unfortunately, it looks like the sequel to 2008's adorably cheerful make-your-own-platformer is taking a little longer than expected.

In a post on the LBP site [http://www.littlebigplanet.com/en-gb/news/article/important_news_regarding_the_release_date_of_littlebigplanet_2/], Media Molecule said that despite "working like powered-up space ninjas" on the game, the team wouldn't be able to finish by the end of the year - but only barely. The game is now scheduled to hit in January 2011.

[blockquote][Because] we love what we've made, and we love our little sack-friends, and most of all we love all our fans out there, we couldn't let you all get together until we knew we were giving you the best experience imaginable ...

We know this will come as disappointing news for all you LittleBigPlanet fans, and believe us, we are disappointed too. We are a tight-knit team and we take enormous pride in our work, so to raise the bar we've set with the original LittleBigPlanet, a game that has been so embraced by all, we've agreed to allow ourselves a bit more time to deliver the experience that our great fans and community deserve.[/blockquote]

It's just a game delay, guys. I think every gamer would rather a game come out a few months later and be good than come out earlier and be bad, no?

FinalDream

[Insert Witty Remark Here]
Apr 6, 2010
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

This was one of very few games I am really looking forward too.

cardinalwiggles

is the king of kong
Jun 21, 2009
i'm starting to feel that gamers nowaday's expect games to be delayed or pushed back. can't remember the last game i wanted that wasn't either delayed, or what not. no big suprise. but either way it's gonna be cool

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
John Funk said:
It's just a game delay, guys. I think every gamer would rather a game come out a few months later and be good than come out earlier and be bad, no?
Still pisses me off though. It was the one game I was really looking forward to.

But atleast it's not due to some silly controversy surrounding a certain Somali song, like with the first game.

RoyalWelsh

Feb 14, 2010
Ah well, as long as they are making it better I can wait a little while longer. I got other games to complete until then.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Noooooooooo!
Damn, I was really looking forward to LBP2. Oh well, at least I still have a few others to look forward to.

Dexiro

Dec 23, 2009
I'm kind of glad they're delaying it. The beta is buggy as hell and I was worried they hadn't given themselves enough time to patch it up.

SeanTheSheep

Jun 23, 2009
I died a little inside when I read that, but the way they said it made it even sadder, because they're so apologetic and nice about it.

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
I kinda thought it was already slated for a 2011 release, shows how attentive I've been about it. >_< Oh well, this doesn't change my plans much here, and yeah I kinda like it when devs pushes a game back because they want to polish it up a bit. Of course that can be taken to far *coughs Duke Nukem *coughs*

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
As long as it comes out thats all that matters =D Cant wait for a second going!

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
Shame it's going to miss the christmas period. If it was released before christmas, I reckon they'd have ended up running out of copies. It'll still sell well, obviously, because LBP is frickin' awesome, but I don't think quite so much as it would do just before christmas.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Oh darn, that's a shame. While I haven't played LittleBigPlanet as much as I hoped I would, I still loved every minute I played it, and Media Molecule is on the "Developers to Support" list so I wanted to get my hands on LittleBigPlanet 2 soon.

Oh well, still got Gran Turismo 5 and Fallout:New Vegas to keep me occupied.

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
Looks like my Christmas present just became my birthday present. Oh well, what's another two months among friends?

Blue_vision

Elite Member
Mar 31, 2009
I'm actually kind of hoping this gets canned forever. I haven't heard anything about this game integrating the community from the last game, and I see very little improvement they could do in the game that wouldn't come in the form of level & character packs and small upgrades, like they did with the first game.

Alas, 'tis a cruel world for wonderful art.

UberMore

Sep 7, 2008
Awwwww...shucks.
Well, this'll give me time to polish up on LBP 1 and try to complete the damn thing.
DAMN YOU SPINNING WHEEL OF ELECTRIC DOOM!

VampiresDontSparkle

Jan 14, 2010
Blue_vision said:
I haven't heard anything about this game integrating the community from the last game, and I see very little improvement they could do in the game that wouldn't come in the form of level & character packs and small upgrades, like they did with the first game.
In the trailer it says that all the community levels created for LBP will still be there in LBP2.