LittleBigPlanet Jumps to Vita

Sarah LeBoeuf

Apr 28, 2011
LittleBigPlanet Jumps to Vita

Gamers are only a few weeks away from creating pet-themed levels in LittleBigPlanet Vita.

After being announced in early 2011, way back when the PlayStation Vita was still referred to as the NGP, LittleBigPlanet was notoriously absent at the handheld's launch. Thankfully for Vita owners, Sony has announced that the wait for the next game in the adorable platforming series is almost over. Gamers in North America can get their hands on LittleBigPlanet for the Vita on September 25.

Set on Carnevalia, a "mysterious traveling planet," LittleBigPlanet will utilize the Vita's unique controls for platforming and level creation. In addition to being able to share their creations with other players, gamers can use the Vita's camera to incorporate photos into the game, meaning "it's never been easier to make your cat or dog the hero of your level!" You probably didn't need another reason to take pictures of your pet, but at least now you have a valid gaming-related excuse.

Though the handheld had a solid launch line-up, Vita-exclusive games have languished in the months since its release. With LittleBigPlanet being the first of several promising titles due out later this year, early adopters of Sony's latest portable system should have a few more reasons to celebrate this holiday season. If you're into that sort of thing, you can still pre-order LittleBigPlanet for some bonus goodies, including BioShock Big Daddy and Little Sister costumes. You could also spend the next few weeks taking lots of cat pictures on your Vita to prepare for the inevitable flood of user-created cat levels, not that any of us would do that.

Source: PlayStation Blog [http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/08/02/littlebigplanet-ps-vita-launching-september-25th-in-north-america/]

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
Seriously, these guys are just as bad as the Angry Birds People!

Little Big Planet, Little Big Planet 2, Little Big Planet Pocket Edition, Little Big Planet Kart Racing, and now Little Big Planet Vita.

They need to do something else or else these guys will become a one trick pony like Harmonix, Red Octane, and Accolade.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Why is it that Sony wants to include everything BioShock into their first party titles?, it's not as if it's a PS exclusive, or even PS related game, in fact, it came out like 2 years later after the 360 and PC releases. I don't get it.

Zinkraptor

Oct 25, 2010
Mr.Mattress said:

Little Big Planet, Little Big Planet 2, Little Big Planet Pocket Edition, Little Big Planet Kart Racing, and now Little Big Planet Vita.

They need to do something else or else these guys will become a one trick pony like Harmonix, Red Octane, and Accolade.
Actually, I'm pretty sure the PSP one was developed by a different studio (as well as this one I think?) and LittleBigPlanet 2 was a pretty major step up from the first game.

That said the kart racing one seems pointless as hell considering Modnation Racers is already a thing.

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
Mr.Mattress said:

I won't defend the Kart or Pocket Editions, but comparing LBP and LBP2 to Angry Birds is extremely disingenuous.

Angry Birds isn't bad, but the difference in quality between LBP and LBP2 is FAR above that of Angry Birds up till Space where they actually updated the gameplay enough to have something occasionally entertaining.

AB has always been that game I want to like but it works hard to make sure I don't :(.

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
theultimateend said:
Mr.Mattress said:

I won't defend the Kart or Pocket Editions, but comparing LBP and LBP2 to Angry Birds is extremely disingenuous.

Angry Birds isn't bad, but the difference in quality between LBP and LBP2 is FAR above that of Angry Birds up till Space where they actually updated the gameplay enough to have something occasionally entertaining.

AB has always been that game I want to like but it works hard to make sure I don't :(.
I'm not saying that Little Big Planet is a bad game, nor am I saying Angry Birds is. They're both great games, although I myself am not a fan of Angry Birds. All I am saying is, if this is all they do, and they simply keep creating this over and over and over again, they will end up dead. Just like Red Octane; All they did was Guitar Hero, Guitar Hero, Guitar Hero. What happened to Guitar Hero? Too many of them saturated the market and ended up killing itself. What happened to Red Octane? They went bankrupt and they broke apart. You can kind of see the same thing happening to Call Of Duty as sales for the Software start slowing down (Not the same way as Guitar Hero mind you, but they are starting to slow down).

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Zinkraptor said:
Mr.Mattress said:

Actually, I'm pretty sure the PSP one was developed by a different studio (as well as this one I think?) and LittleBigPlanet 2 was a pretty major step up from the first game.

That said the kart racing one seems pointless as hell considering Modnation Racers is already a thing.
I think the Modnation Racers guys are OK with it, considering they're the ones who are developing it.

So Media Molecule really only worked on 1 and 2. It's Sony who's pimping the LBP franchise out.

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
Mr.Mattress said:
theultimateend said:
Mr.Mattress said:

I'm not saying that Little Big Planet is a bad game, nor am I saying Angry Birds is. They're both great games, although I myself am not a fan of Angry Birds. All I am saying is, if this is all they do, and they simply keep creating this over and over and over again, they will end up dead. Just like Red Octane; All they did was Guitar Hero, Guitar Hero, Guitar Hero. What happened to Guitar Hero? Too many of them saturated the market and ended up killing itself. What happened to Red Octane? They went bankrupt and they broke apart. You can kind of see the same thing happening to Call Of Duty as sales for the Software start slowing down (Not the same way as Guitar Hero mind you, but they are starting to slow down).
Nintendo has remained remarkably solvent by doing what you are talking about >_>.

I didn't mean either was good or bad, I just meant if you are making sequels and they actually improve on one another then you have something golden.

AB just makes the same game (until space came out).

But yeah, should have been more clear on my end. Apologies for that.

I would argue that games like CoD more do the sports or AB model of "updates". I'm sure somewhere in there they are making them better, but to the laymen like me who only plays one of them every third or forth installment I don't really see what they were doing in the interrem for sure. Which is probably not good for sales or investors.

But yeah, I appreciate that some companies make something nice and stick with it. I'd rather not get another game I really like (Dawn of War) and see its # sequel be some random ass other game.

Kinda like how Front Mission 1 and 3 are tactical games and 2 is this random ass side scroller >_>. Stuff like that.