Live-Action Halo Dawns This October

Chunko

Aug 2, 2009
I think it has some potential. Halo has always been a cinematic property, and the live action trailers were always sweet.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
Korten12 said:
CardinalPiggles said:
How the hell are 343 able to keep up with all these projects? are they a big team?

Oh well, I can't wait for this!
They're a team of 250 people according to wikipedia.
Is that a lot for one studio? I don't even know.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
CardinalPiggles said:
Korten12 said:
CardinalPiggles said:
How the hell are 343 able to keep up with all these projects? are they a big team?

Oh well, I can't wait for this!
They're a team of 250 people according to wikipedia.
Is that a lot for one studio? I don't even know.
Well 600 ppl are working on Resident Evil 6 alone and that is considered huge. So 250 maybe the norm.

Valve - 293
ArenaNet - 270
Bungie - around 200
DICE - 280
Bioware - around 800, but note that there is multiple teams under the Bioware name.
The Creative Assembly - around 200

So just over 200 and below 300 seems to be the norm for big developers.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
Korten12 said:
Well 600 ppl are working on Resident Evil 6 alone and that is considered huge. So 250 maybe the norm.

Valve - 293
ArenaNet - 270
Bungie - around 200
DICE - 280
Bioware - around 800, but note that there is multiple teams under the Bioware name.
The Creative Assembly - around 200

So just over 200 and below 300 seems to be the norm for big developers.
That's normal? I hate to think they might be spread too thin.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Nimzabaat said:
Yeah, you're kind of missing the point... Halo seems generic because all modern shooters rip it off shamelessly. By the way, how was CoDs co-op campaign? And how were the vehicle sections? And how... nevermind.

More on topic... if it's Tom Green as in the Tom Green Show... I swore I'd never watch anything with him in it again. That man is more of an embarrasment to Canada then Justin Beiber.
Don't think it's the same guy since this guy is Thomas Green and is from Australia and from wikipedia has never been in something called the Tom Green show.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Green_(Australian_actor)

Nimzabaat

Feb 1, 2010
Korten12 said:
Nimzabaat said:
Yeah, you're kind of missing the point... Halo seems generic because all modern shooters rip it off shamelessly. By the way, how was CoDs co-op campaign? And how were the vehicle sections? And how... nevermind.

More on topic... if it's Tom Green as in the Tom Green Show... I swore I'd never watch anything with him in it again. That man is more of an embarrasment to Canada then Justin Beiber.
Don't think it's the same guy since this guy is Thomas Green and is from Australia and from wikipedia has never been in something called the Tom Green show.

Thank you very much for that. In that case, colour me cautiously optimistic!

someonehairy-ish

Mar 15, 2009
Korten12 said:
RJ Dalton said:
Korten12 said:
RJ Dalton said:
Oh, good. Now an utterly generic, boring action game can become an utterly generic, boring action movie. Progress!
Oh, good. Now an utterly generic, boring comment can become an utterly generic, boring attempt at being funny. Progress!

>.>
Oh, good. Now an utterly generic, boring retort can become an utterly generic, boring verbal slap-fight. Congress!
Okay honest question here:

What makes Halo generic?
That looked like it was gonna be enjoyable. :/ Y U NO KEEP ARGUIN ON FORUMS?

Oh yeah... OT... wooo live action Halo stuff is always good fun. (Landfall, woop woop)

Muunokhoi

May 18, 2012
And the Halo cow keeps pushing out cash. Honestly are they truly incapable of moving foward in the storyline of their own universe instead of going back to aliens = bad, humans = good. Also most adaptations of anything into movie form does not mean it will be good eg Last airbender cartoon = great, Last Airbender movie = sucked the big one.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Muunokhoi said:
And the Halo cow keeps pushing out cash. Honestly are they truly incapable of moving foward in the storyline of their own universe instead of going back to aliens = bad, humans = good. Also most adaptations of anything into movie form does not mean it will be good eg Last airbender cartoon = great, Last Airbender movie = sucked the big one.
'

You aren't well versed with the Halo lore are you? The story has progressed A LOT. This is simply a live action series to get people familiar with the characters of Halo 4 and bring new players up to date with the lore.

Also it has shown lots of times that humans (ONI specifically) can be just as big as a bastard as the aliens are.

Have you even looked up the lore or anything? Get informed about the universe before you go insulting it.

The Bandit

Feb 5, 2008
Muunokhoi said:
I wonder what it's like to be that guy that just goes around looking for things to hate on.

Clearing the Eye

Jun 6, 2012
Halo's still relevant to people? Pfft. As groundbreaking as copying one game over and over is, it's time to move on and let the ship sink--fuck, the people making the damn thing abandoned ship.

Clearing the Eye

Jun 6, 2012
Muunokhoi said:
Remember the god awful Dragon Ball movie abortion? It wasn't even laugh out loud bad, it was straight up slit your own throat to avoid seeing or hearing it in the time it'd take to leave the room bad.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
ResonanceGames said:
Er, Tom Green? Like, the MTV douche Tom Green?

YIKES.
No, this Tom Green is from Austrailia. The one you're thinking of is not and is much older.

One your thinking of: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Green

This is the one in the movie: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Green_(Australian_actor)

Clearing the Eye said:
Halo's still relevant to people? Pfft. As groundbreaking as copying one game over and over is, it's time to move on and let the ship sink--fuck, the people making the damn thing abandoned ship.
What..? I am sorry that many people still love Halo, it's universe is ever expanding and many people are VERY excitied for Halo 4.

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
I don't like the look of it, honestly. I've decided that, unless there is a lot of stylization involved, Halo guns just don't look as great in live action, it needs to be CGI.

Plus like, how are you going to render Covenant or Flood with a budget of only five million dollars? Also it's all about Halo 4 and frankly I love Halo but I only consider the original trilogy and Reach and ODST as 'canon'.

So yeah even if there are some majestic and handsome Sangheili in it (which the trailer gave no indication) I won't be interested.

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
Aerosteam 1908 said:
Damn it why are there so many people who hate Halo right now. >.<
I actually kind of miss the days, before I got socially concious about racism and homophobia and misogyny, when the worst thing I had to deal with in online debates was people hating on Halo.
Sure it annoyed the hell out of me back then but hey, by comparison at least Halo hate debates were a lot simpler.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
My first reaction: "Tom Green? As in THE Tom Green? The one from Freddie Got Fingered and Shred? WTF is he doing in an ambitious and serious project like this?"
Korten12 said:
Nimzabaat said:

Then I read this and it made a bit LOT more sense. Thank you for clearing that up, [user]Korten12[/user].