Living in a game of your choice.

Sefa Lagaaia

Jul 23, 2010
This thought has crossed my mind plenty of times over the past few weeks and I thought than rather to dwell on it I would ask around and see if anyone else has thought about it or has an answer to it. I was thinking, If I died and came back to life in any game of my choosing but that game was now like real life for me and constantly expanded to an entire world regardless of what the limitations of the game were beforehand (With respawns mind you) what game would I choose? For example, say I died and came back to life in the world of pokemon, my life would then be what pokemon is, starting out as a child and in real time growing up to become a trainer and conquer the elite four of every region but instead of It being like anime style or anything like a game, it would all be real and look just like life today. I would have to say I would live in the world of Skyrim or minecraft, Skyrim because it would then include all of Tamriel and an entire world based around it that I could travel to throughout my life and minecraft because minecraft. WHAT ARE YOUR OPINIONS FELLOW ESCAPISTS? Sorry If I worded this poorly, brain kind of on the fritz.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I would probably stick with Pokemon. At 10 years old I wanted nothing to do with school and the thought of travelling the entire world on my own (or with 2 friends) on foot so I can catch and train Pokemon is enough to make me hope dying would result in me waking up in Pallet Town. I don't look forward to $300 Lemonade but free health care is always a plus.

ShinyCharizard

Oct 24, 2012
The Mass Effect universe would be awesome to live in. Although the reapers would be a bit of a pain.

Maximum Bert

Feb 3, 2013
Dead or Alive nah just joking I would choose an RPG lets choose FFVII because its my favourite I get to hang out with all the cool (kewl) characters and whats more I can kill monsters and with a bit of grind become a god.

IllumInaTIma

Flesh is but a garment!
Feb 6, 2012
Mass Effect Universe would be nice place to hang out, maybe 100 years prior to Reaper Invasion.
Also I definitely wouldn't mind waking up one day as Persona 4 protagonist.
Front mission universe would be cool too, future, wars, super-nations and awesome walking robots.

Lazy Kitty

Evil
May 1, 2009
Oh, maybe Pokemon or Minecraft...
Or Overlord, but only if I get to be the Overlord. (Everyone else is a victim or a soon to be victim)
Though... Well, maybe the EVE Online universe...
I'd have to get my original body eliminated though...

Of course, there are hentai games...

Aaah! The choices!
This is like that choice in Pokemon "Are you a boy or a girl?".

Xpwn3ntial

Avid Reader
Dec 22, 2008
Shoggoth2588 said:
I would probably stick with Pokemon. At 10 years old I wanted nothing to do with school and the thought of travelling the entire world on my own (or with 2 friends) on foot so I can catch and train Pokemon is enough to make me hope dying would result in me waking up in Pallet Town. I don't look forward to $300 Lemonade but free health care is always a plus.
Free health care for your Pokemon, maybe. There don't even seem to be that many hospitals in Pokemon.

OT: I'd go with Pokemon, too. Sure, it'd be horrifying to deal with five terrorist organizations and countless deities, but it'd be fun to live there.

Or maybe Halo, circa Spartan Ops since there's a comfortingly low chance of dying suddenly from digitization or vaporization.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Animal Crossing. I don't have to worry about the end of the world of me being in danger, just paying my debt back to a racoon and even then the only I have to put up with is him reminding me about it. He's not going to break my legs over it!

Maxtro

Feb 13, 2011
Something like the Final Fantasy VI world.

People live in small villages and castles but still have electricity and plumbing. There are monsters and magic so the world will never get boring.

Primary method of transportation are chocobo, ship and airship.

Fractral

Tentacle God
Feb 28, 2012
I wouldn't mind being a character in Persona 4, seeing as the characters are all high schoolers like me anyway.
It'd have to be persona 4, mind, not persona 3. Man that game is depressing.

TheEvilCheese

Cheesey.
Dec 16, 2008
Chrono trigger (Pre-fall Zeal or present day guardia)because it's my favorite world in anything ever.
Pokémon (Because I will always ALWAYS want pokémon to be real. More than anything.)

Then maybe Cyrodiil? I love me some Cyrodiil.

While sci-fi worlds are cool and all, I personally choose escapist fantasy 9 times out of 10

Oh, and if I could be a planeswalker in the Magic universe, that would probably be my first choice. Have you SEEN some of those planes?

MorganL4

Person
May 1, 2008
Shoggoth2588 said:
Yeah, I'd go with Pokemon too.... I mean every other world out there would be much too hostile.... Tamriel has has people killing each other all the time, and not everyone is capable of being the dragonborn.... You have to figure, most normal citizens don't live high on the hog....

At least in the Pokeverse you get electricity.... Who cares if its generated by having mice run on wheels? lol

Silvianoshei

May 26, 2011
Pokemon or FF XII. I would love to be a trainer in Pokemon or a Hunter in Ivalice. As a bonus for FF XII, all the Viera dress like strippers.

Llil

Jul 24, 2008
Corruption of Champions

Dwarf Fortress. It would be a glorious life. My companions and I would dig deeper than any dwarf before us, and build a magnificent fortress the like of which the world has never seen. It would be full of gem encrusted thrones, walls covered in amazing engravings, indoor waterfalls 20 storeys high, and really nice socks. And the booze would flow non-stop.

And when the time finally comes, I would die in a huge battle that people will sing about for centuries. Or possibly get eaten by a carp.

Ryotknife

Oct 15, 2011
Disgaea 3.

A demon academy where everyone is nutters, the honor roll students are slackers who skip class, and the deliquents/bullies are those who attend every class, do their homework, and are charitable. Also, constant class warfare where the freshmen have insane numbers but are individually not very powerful all the way up to the seniors whose existence is often thought to be a myth.

Oh, and the teachers will attack you if you try to attend their class because they dont want to work.

Al-Bundy-da-G

Apr 11, 2011
Gotta be the Pokemon universe. Especially if it works like it does in the games and not in the t.v. show with turn based combat.

I would be unstoppable. NO ONE SHALL OPPOSE ME MUH HA HA HA HA