Liz's Five Favorite Games of 2016

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Liz's Five Favorite Games of 2016

2016 may have included a few disappointments (not naming names), but overall it was a great year for gaming - and while these may not be the "best" games of the year, they are my personal favorites.

Read Full Article

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
No Warhammer Total War in any of these lists :p

Goddamn did the Warriors of Chaos Pre-Order was that Bad and alinated everyone?

This game is awesome and its been ignored by everyone:

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Samtemdo8 said:
No Warhammer Total War in any of these lists :p

Goddamn did the Warriors of Chaos Pre-Order was that Bad and alinated everyone?

This game is awesome and its been ignored by everyone:
Or it's because strategy games are generally fringe, and therefore less likely to be on such lists?

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Caramel Frappe said:
Glad to see Dark Souls III got a spot between the five staff member's lists. The game is really good even though people keep bashing it for multiple reasons that shouldn't take away from the overall experience.

Also while I understand that Overwatch in itself is a joyful, well polished game ... I only wish Blizzard didn't sell it at full price when most games with a familiar design were free to play. All well, good list.
Personally i would have hated it if iverwatch was f2p and i had to keep buying heroes every time they came out. I just want to pay once and have the whole game. Titanfall 2 and battlefield 1 were also full price and in a similar genre to overwatch so i wouldnt say most games with a familar design are f2p.

Also, another personal opionion, but those f2p similar design games (battleborn, paladins) kinda really suck compared to overwatch...

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Glad to see that Uncharted 4 got some love on one of these lists. It was probably the best way to end the franchise and a love letter to the fans. I only wish Chloe would have gotten more than a line mentioning her.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Steven Bogos said:
Also, another personal opionion, but those f2p similar design games (battleborn, paladins) kinda really suck compared to overwatch...
Paladins is pretty fair - you can do a down payment of $20 and get access to all current and future heroes. Its aesthetic system is a bit iffy, since you need to use real money to buy crystals to use said crystals on skins, but since they're skins, I can excuse that.

On the other, Paladins, as far as gameplay goes, is kinda meh for me. And as weird as this may sound, I'm kind of put off by the complete lack of context for the setting and characters.

Tilly

Mar 8, 2015
Imagine if the final DS3 DLC is as good as Blood and Wine (i.e just a whole extra game)