LMGs = RAGE!

Cogwheel

Apr 3, 2010
Justin Tarrant said:
Cogwheel said:
Justin Tarrant said:
Cogwheel said:
Midnight Crossroads said:
Well, that was far more educational than I expected from any reply. Thanks a lot!

Justin Tarrant said:
... You mean you were fucking serious? WOW I thought that was HUGE troll. Most FPS's have LMG's so I thought you were.
If I understood Midnight correctly, it's a bit bigger than an SMG, which is the closest I know. A fair bit bigger, really.

And I don't exactly play the standard super-realistic (supposedly or otherwise) online FPS games at all. Not one bit.
Well an LMG is like a portable Chaingun. They usually have HUGE clips (60-120) and really good piercing abilities and somewhat good accuracy but their damage is not to high and they have horrible recoil. This is usually fixed with a grip though.
Right. Sounds like the sort of thing that should only be given to those with an appropriately Russian accent.
That is obviously a joke about Heavy but the Heavy's gun is a Mini-gun, not a LMG.
Well, sure, but by the sound of it, the LMG is the same but smaller. Ish. Or just a big mounted SMG of sorts.

Anyway. Lots of dakka, on a stick. Or three sticks. I think I get the idea.

Omikron009

May 22, 2009
If any gun is overpowered in Bad Company 2 it's the AN-94. It has no recoil and a ridiculously high rate of fire for a burst fire gun. With magnum ammo on it kills people so fast you'd swear you're playing CoD. I'm not complaining, it's my favourite gun. I don't think it's OP myself, but I can see how some people might think it is.

Lukeydoodly

Sep 9, 2008
I bet half the people in this thread have never played BC2.

I also bet even fewer have actually used the M60. It was (when I last played it, a while ago) the best weapon in the game by far. Pinpoint accurate with barely any recoil, and it killed in 3 shots or so too.

Only gun a Medic needed to use really. Made me top the scoreboard most games.

jak_of_bees

Feb 23, 2011
As a regular user of the medic class I don't see how the LMGs are OP. Get 'em in close range and a SMG and an assault tends to chew the player up a lot better then the LMG. I think what people find most annoying about LMGs, which is way they're so quick to say they're OP, is the players that are able to headshot you from a massive distance away which I find can happen with any gun really as long as you know how to use it.

Shotguns on the other hand are wayyyyy more frustrating then any other weapon, 'cept maybe the Gustav...

TheLefty

May 21, 2008
Joshimodo said:
No, they aren't a problem. The M60 used to be, but it's all fine now. The AN-94 is still a bit overpowered, but it's fine.

TheLefty said:
I don't understand why so any people are complaining about this. You're not the first person I've heard, and I've never really had this problem. If anything the overpowered one is the sniper rifle. I want to say M95 but I'm not sure, something like that. It's pretty much always a one shot kill, and the only saving factor is the fact hat it takes five hours to pull the bolt back.

Really I feel like people should be complaining about the M16, which I've taken out quite a few far off snipers with a single pull, (which is a three shot burst).
None of the other bolt action snipers are one-hit kills outside of 10m, aside from headshots. The M95 has a 14-15m one-hit kill range. No gun is a OHK at long range apart from a few via headshots.

The M16 can only kill in one burst if they were injured in the first place - Even a headshot where all 3 bullets hit only does 91 damage.

That is, assuming you're playing normal mode, not easy mode.
I tend to play Hardcore, partially because I feel like the guns should do more damage than they do in normal mode and partially because I got used to it after playing it for days on accident without noticing.

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
As somebody who hates reloading, likes high-powered, long-range guns and loves the Medic class, I can say that the LMG is actually ridiculously awesome for me. I do far better with it than I ever did with the Assault Rifle. Plus, in the Vietnam expansion, I find them brilliant as AA guns (though to be fair, my friend once took out a damaged helicopter with a pistol in that game). Also, being a Medic has got me hundreds of points from revivals and heals (I just leave one health pack on the ground in a base we're defending, and suddenly I get stream of "heal - 10 points" upon "heal - 10 points" until I have way more points than that simple action should have got me).

Technicolor

Jan 23, 2011
Lukeydoodly said:

I also bet even fewer have actually used the M60. It was (when I last played it, a while ago) the best weapon in the game by far. Pinpoint accurate with barely any recoil, and it killed in 3 shots or so too.

Actually the M60 is among the worst LMG's in Bad Company 2, at least ever since the recent patches to the game.
Now it does the same damage as the PKM, only with a slower rate of fire, more recoil, and less ammo for you to carry around. The M60 is made redundant

Zarmi

Jul 16, 2010
*Grabs his LMG* U MAD? *Troll face*

Yeah, I agree. Sadly, I'm stuck with it as I like healing people in BC2, and well.. The shotgun is near useless, as I never get up close, only to make some melee kills.

Lukeydoodly

Sep 9, 2008
Technicolor said:
Lukeydoodly said:

Actually the M60 is among the worst LMG's in Bad Company 2, at least ever since the recent patches to the game.
Now it does the same damage as the PKM, only with a slower rate of fire, more recoil, and less ammo for you to carry around. The M60 is made redundant
They actually balanced it? Madness!

Grimsinger

Apr 9, 2008
Snipe with LMGs? Pfft, tell that to my 12 gram slug shotgun sniper. That's how real men snipe, with a pump action shotgun.

Celtic_Kerr

May 21, 2010
RobCoxxy said:
TerranReaper said:
Cogwheel said:
Not that I've played Bad Company, but who's this Lieutenant Marzipan Gorilla you're talking about?
I can't be the only one that sees this?

OT: LMGs usually aren't overpowered in FPS games, and certainly not in Bad Company 2 either. People have been fairly resourceful by actually firing in bursts or single shotting, instead of spraying and hoping a few bullets hits them from long range.
this.

You want overpowered, especially at range?

SMGs on CoD. Holy shitsauce.
They CAN be really over powered... If you have the rapid fire attachment on a sub machine gun and a grip, and you're decent at aiming, it takes less than a second to kill someone. Basically you kill them before they can react to your presence damned decent range too

captcha: cendebi percent

Technicolor

Jan 23, 2011
Lukeydoodly said:
Technicolor said:
Lukeydoodly said:

They actually balanced it? Madness!
Yeah, It only took them nearly a year to get around to it

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
Here's something for you to try:

1. Take an 870 combat (that's a shotgun, for those that don't know).
2. Give it the damage upgrade and the accuracy upgrade.
3. Headshot people from anywhere on the map (No, really. You can snipe with this thing).

I think LMGs are a worse problem in Modern Warfare 2. Especially with aimbots. It makes less difference in BC2, since you can take down someone with an LMG with something like a G3 or an AEK-971 easily enough.

Chrisbes32

Nov 25, 2009
I don't hate LMGs as they're all pretty average. If I get killed over and over by anything in this game I'll just switch to the AN-94 with Magnum ammo and a 4X, engage try hard mode and kill the buggery out of them several times.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
MaxPowers666 said:
Here is a piece of advise, bullets hurt so try avoiding them next time.

WanderingFool said:
The LMG, by deffinition I believe, is suppose to fire actual, literal death from its barrel.

You want over powered, talk to me after getting knifed in the 15 times in one match of COD. If anything needs to be fixed, its the fucking melee.
Again thats a player problem not a game problem. You shouldnt be dying 15 times in a match to begin with let alone just to knife kills.

People like you are the reason that a guy can go 54-9 and still loose the bloody match.
I have the sneaking suspicion that you are actually saying "fuck you" in this post...

SammiYin

Mar 15, 2010
Just throwing my oar in here, personally I disagree that they are overpowered in BC2, but I believe they are misrepresented in most fps anyway, I was always under the impression that the LMG was inaccurate but purely used for suppression anyway? So the best way to fix this [and make them different from uber assault rifles] is to make them like this.

Oh well, I'll never call anything overpowered while burst fire weapons still exist in Cod

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
Mr36 said:
I think people are forgetting how guns work
When you pull the trigger, the bullet travels in a straight line down and out the barrel. Now, unless BC2 has you account for gravity or wind, it will go in a straight line out the barrel until it hits something. => If you're looking down the barrel when the guy pulls the trigger, it doesn't matter if you're far away, if the guy is using a sniper rifle, an LMG, or a pistol; no magical bullet fairies are going to come down from a rainbow and change the path of the bullet.

/realismFTW
Actually that's not quite true, very few bullets travel in a flat trajectory because very few barrels are actually made to be perfectly level. Most firearms are designed to discharge the bullet at an angle so that with spin stabilized rifling they can fire at targets at further ranges. This results in bullets that fly along shallow parabolic arcs.

This becomes especially important when your aiming because you can only every zero at a single range. So an m-16 zeroed to 300m would aim for center mass at 300m, but at 150m aiming for the same spot would cause it to striker higher on the target, i.e., not a straight line from the barrel.

Platypusbill101

Jan 2, 2011
All weapons except for shotguns with buckshot and SMGs have a pretty log maximum range. An average assault rifle/LMG is supposed to be perfectly feasible at about 300m range, which is close to the maximum combat range in BFBC2. But snipers are a lot more effective in the game at that range.
Seriously, the game has reached a level of perfect balance that no other online shooter can.
As far as I´m concerned, in real life they are pretty accurate but require the use of bipods for that and are clumsy in close quarters since no one can easily fling around with a gun that weighs about 25 lb/ 10 kg