Loading Ready Run, Name Game Team Up, Create Snazzy Unskippable Inspired Garments

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Loading Ready Run, Name Game Team Up, Create Snazzy Unskippable Inspired Garments

Encourage peace and harmony through your clothing choices. Peace, harmony, and lasers.

What do you get if you mix the minds behind Unskippable , and the artist behind Name Game [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/comics/namegame], and apply the resulting creative soup to the world of fashion design? You get the t-shirt you see right below these very words.

[gallery=397]

The shirt was inspired by the recent Unskippable episodes, which lovingly poked fun at the intro to Crysis 2 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/unskippable/3641-Crysis-2-Part-1]. Unskippable creators Graham Stark and Paul Saunders came up with the concept of turning one of the choice lines from the episode - "fire the lasers of understanding!" - into a t-shirt, and turned to Name Game artist LeeLee Scaldaferri for the artwork. The result is a tiny flying tyrant, firing beams of pure love and compassion at super soldiers in high-tech armor.

The shirt comes in black, charcoal, and sky blue, and either a unisex or a skinny fit. You can pre-order the shirt at the Loading Ready Run [http://store.loadingreadyrun.com/products/Lasers-of-Understanding-Shirt.html] website until August 1st. If enough people pre-order it, LRR will do a run, and your shirt will be sent to you, along with a complimentary button for being an early adopter. If the pre-order threshold isn't reached, your money will be refunded in full and everyone goes his or her separate way. Somehow though, I don't think that's likely to be a problem.

Eiv

Oct 17, 2008
"And that was the _ time i died" would have amused me more :)

MattAn24

Pulse l'Cie
Jul 16, 2009
z121231211 said:
Is it just me that finds it weird how soon they decided to go with this saying?
InterAirplay said:
z121231211 said:
Is it just me that finds it weird how soon they decided to go with this saying?
Nope. There's obscure pop culture references, and then there's references to things in video games which recieved humorous commentary on a niche gaming website. As recognisable references go, that's pop culture's equivalent to a map showing thel ocation of Atlantis.
Just as a note, guys; LoadingReadyRun have been doing preorder shirt designs for MONTHS. This happened to start 2-3 weeks ago, and preorders go for a month. They have plenty of their *own* shirt designs.. This just happens to be their first Unskippable one. :D

Baralak

Dec 9, 2009
I would seriously order a shirt, but that S&H is just way too much for me. I'm fine with $20 for a shirt, but that S&H kills it. I guess I'm just too used to a near-flat $4 shipping on Amazon...

Mackie Stingray

Feb 15, 2010
This hurts my brain. I'm almost certain this isn't a VALIS reference, but the Philip K. Dick fan in me just can't see it any other way.