LoadingReadyRun: Conan's Witnesses

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
Loving Kathleen's creepy eye stare. Also, "I've been watching it, and I'm pretty sure it's not going anywhere" had me laughing.

aPod

Jan 14, 2010
Conan!!! Just when you guys couldnt be any more awesome you put something like this up. Fantastic work guys.

I used to follow Crom in a game called Tribal Wars... oddly enough, so this was especially amusing to me.

crotalidian

and Now My Watch Begins
Sep 8, 2009
"Never Twice in One Day" Classic

when he said mace I was expecting the pepper spray!

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Hilarious! Hehe...nice take on an old favourite to pick at! =D

Seventh Actuality

Apr 23, 2010
The bit where Kathleen draws the sword and licks her lips like that just gave me a huge, creepy crush on her.

Damn.

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
See my Hands? They are Clapping for you guys! Keep it up!

Satan bit tore me up.

Calumon: Has he ever thought about Digimon?

ezeroast

Jan 25, 2009
ahh great job guys, i wish my door knockers were like this. I'd actually talk to them

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
Some one has been watching Conan the Barbarian recently!
"never twice in the same day" is very true

i don't get these religious type in my neighbourhood and if i did i would talk to them

chstens

Apr 14, 2009
The great book of Stan! As written by... What was that guys name again... John? As played by Andy!

EnigmaHarper

Jul 22, 2009
While watching I was hoping that the Satanists were going to show up, and there they were in the stinger. YAY!

I like the polishing of the NO SOLICITING sign. They never read when they come to the door, do they. That should be the first sign. Oh, you can't read... I'm sorry I can't join a religion where you can't read... because I can... sorry.

Deadlock Radium

Mar 29, 2009
Awesome.
I don't think it's healthy for me to watch LRR, I'll get a super crush on Kathleen soon. o_O
And the Satan bit made me laugh, Paul's 'Hi' was somehow perfect.

Kyogissun

Notably Neutral
Jan 12, 2010
I think this video may be one of the first 'perfect' ones in a while. The banter is good, the jokes are genuinely funny, the acting was top notch and yet it was such a simple video...

A+ in my book guys.

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
How ironic, I just watched Conan The Barbarian this morning.

Great job guys!

therandombear

Sep 28, 2009
Jack and Calumon said:
See my Hands? They are Clapping for you guys! Keep it up!

Satan bit tore me up.

Calumon: Has he ever thought about Digimon?
The Church of Renamon or were you thinking more along the lines of Calumons Followers?

OT: Another great episode guys, now we know that if we need crazy stare, just call Kathleen...

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
Deadlock Radium said:
Awesome.
I don't think it's healthy for me to watch LRR, I'll get a super crush on Kathleen soon. o_O
And the Satan bit made me laugh, Paul's 'Hi' was somehow perfect.
well she is a very awesome gal! Also being able to put up with the shenanigans of the LRR crew for so many years i give her a pat on the back!

EnigmaHarper

Jul 22, 2009
Deadlock Radium said:
Awesome.
I don't think it's healthy for me to watch LRR, I'll get a super crush on Kathleen soon.
You should've warned me earlier, I already have a major crush on Jer... did I just say that out loud?

Crunchy English

Victim of a Savage Neck-bearding
Aug 20, 2008
First to the LRR Crew: Nicely done. To hit the highlights real quick, lapel pin of the bastard sword, the reference to cuneiform, Kathleen's creepy look at the end there. Jeremy's performance was more or less perfect actually, but its difficult to pull out a specific moment.

To the Escapist community (well, some of you anyway) - If psychosis is something that attracts you to women? I think I know why your last relationship failed. Try women who don't lick their lips at the thought of bloodthirsty murder and you might be able to make it work.

Vohn_exel

Residential Idiot
Oct 24, 2008
Haha, that was great! My friend and I just got done watching the vid referenced at the end. I was thinking "this really reminds me of that video..." and then the end was an awesome throwback to it!

Also, Kathleen, you have permanently earned a spot on my "creepy stare" reference list in my brain, lol. Seriously, that look you were giving Jer would've caused me to go and actually get a mace just to protect myself, hehe. That was a pretty good episode, even if you know nothing about Conan (like myself.)

Monshroud

Evil Overlord
Jul 29, 2009
This is probably one of my favorite skits... Loved Kathleen's doe-eyed looks...

It's so sad, I have such a nerd-crush on her....

Schnookums

Mar 20, 2009
Crunchy English said:
To the Escapist community (well, some of you anyway) - If psychosis is something that attracts you to women? I think I know why your last relationship failed. Try women who don't lick their lips at the thought of bloodthirsty murder and you might be able to make it work.
I prefer women who share my interest in violence.

Cutlesnap

Jun 1, 2008
Crunchy English said:
First to the LRR Crew: Nicely done. To hit the highlights real quick, lapel pin of the bastard sword, the reference to cuneiform, Kathleen's creepy look at the end there. Jeremy's performance was more or less perfect actually, but its difficult to pull out a specific moment.

Psychosis may not make for good relationships, but it makes for excellent sex! Bloodthirsty Kathleen is even hotter than newsready Kathleen.

korandder

Astronoob
Nov 25, 2009
The call back to, Door to Door, the first LoadingReadyRun video I saw (almost six years ago) made it for me.

TheEnglishman

Jun 13, 2009
YES!!! YES!!! I'm sorry, I'm such a fan-boy but I saw where the video was going and though, "Oh yeah, it's like that old video, "Door to Door" you produced when you were first starting, only with higher quality." And than you do the stinger and I am rewarded for my fanboy nature.

Anyway, as a person who has seen Conan the Barbarian (well the NC review anyway) I got all the jokes and enjoyed a lot. Keep up the good work you zany Candians!

yoyo13rom

Oct 19, 2009
Initially I though this was a remake but then I saw that the jokes were different. + at the end you put in that initial episode that inspired this one.

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
Kathleen made me laugh the whole time. She almost sold me on...however you spell that god's name.

yoyo13rom

Oct 19, 2009
korandder said:
The call back to, Door to Door, the first LoadingReadyRun video I saw (almost six years ago) made it for me.
It's been six years... wow, just wow.

TheEnglishman

Jun 13, 2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LctZf3uiWOY

Link to Door to Door, the spiritual prequel and stinger at the end.

Well, I like Satan, but I also like Crom, only one way to find out........... FIGHT!!!

bloodmonkey

Feb 4, 2009
Distorted Stu said:
My History teacher was called Mr Howard also. FUCK HIM!

Great episode :)
Interesting; my history teacher was Dr. Howard, but he was English.

Though he did give us a lesson on Billy Talent once =/

Mydnyght

Feb 17, 2010
By the way.... how the hell did Jer get ahold of Science Paul's goggles!?
And what did he need them for anyway?

TZer0

Jan 22, 2008
Oh wow.. I saw the "crushing your enemies..."-part coming from miles away.

Also, Wolfram|Alpha [http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=what%27s+best+in+life%3F&a=*DPClash.MiscellaneousE.what%27s+best+in+life-_*WhatIsBestInLifeConan-] agrees.

oYsTA

Jun 11, 2010
ahhhhh She should've said it in Austrian accent. it would've been perfect then, especially the "Lamentation of their women" bit. classic...

Jirlond

Jul 9, 2009
oYsTA said:
ahhhhh She should've said it in Austrian accent. it would've been perfect then, especially the "Lamentation of their women" bit. classic...
(Austrian Accent) ...then to hell with you!

Good enough for ya!

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
Ahahahaha! Oooh man, that one was great. I especially enjoyed the ending.

Shut_up_Flanders

Mar 24, 2010
Great Skit guys. Probably your best one yet. And that expression Kathleen makes when she whips out that sword was priceless.

SniperMacFox

Suffer not the Flamer to live
Jun 26, 2009
I'm glad they referenced their old sketch of the Satan Worshippers at the end, that made me feel good inside ^_^

So yeah, who wants to Worship Cron?

jaythedogg

Jan 28, 2010
GrahamS said:
Conan's Witnesses

Crom can be a very convincing deity.

Become a fan on Facebook! [http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/LoadingReadyRun/297238451731]

Watch Video
As one of Jehovah's Witnesses, I probably shouldn't have even watched that video & although it was mildly amusing, I found it offensive at best.

Otherwise, you guys aren't too bad, this was just in bad taste. Kthxbai.

k-ossuburb

Jul 31, 2009
Aw man, it seems everyone and their dog has at least one katana these days. I'll have to make something new for my collection.

Oh and by the way, the goggles in the beginning from science Paul are Amigo flip-up welding goggles. I've got a pair myself, they originally come in gold but they're not too hard to repaint. I've done mine in copper and silver and added some steampunk doohickeys to mine.

snow

Jan 14, 2010
By Crom! They did a Conan episode! Huzzah!!!!! I'm gonna have to show this one to my brother. xD

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
"Have you thought about accepting Satan as your personal Overlord and Master?" Laughed right there. Good work.

MowDownJoe

Apr 8, 2009
copycatalyst said:
From the title I thought they'd try sign him up to be with Coco.
Same, but then I thought for a bit, and realized that would've been at 30 second sketch, at best.

Loved this one, though. Didn't know they had an older sketch that was similar. Found both very enjoyable.

Truly-A-Lie

Nov 14, 2009
I was thinking it was similar to the Satanist one from ages ago, loved the reference. And I think that video made me just fall strangely in love with Kathleen.

Erkenbrand

Dec 8, 2008
One of LRR's better offerings of late; keep up the good work. :)

Also, that is an amazing pin, and I want one.

Trifixion

Infamous Scribbler
Oct 13, 2009
If they showed up at my door, I would join them in a heartbeat. Battle-axe in hand. As long as they promise to stay far away from sequels involving Grace Jones.

Cosplay Horatio

May 19, 2009
From watching both Conan films and the animated tv series I remember the featured deities. Crom, The Four Winds, Dagoth the Dreaming God, and the Stygian serpent lord Set. I would die laughing if this actually happened to me or I'd joke and say I've already accepted "insert conan deity here" into my life.

nnnnnn

Jul 16, 2009
The credits are wrong, it should be

BOOM!
Paul Saunders!

And oh those wacky Satanists!

JEBWrench

Apr 23, 2009
jp201 said:
what is best in life?

maple sugar pie

finally someone gets it.
Except they're wrong. Butter tarts are the best thing in life.

And LRR's people call themselves Canadian. BAH.

Giandroid

Jun 15, 2010
Great work, lady and gents! If that second evangelist group had come to my door first, things might have been different for me...

AllLagNoFrag

Jun 7, 2010
Cutlesnap said:
Crunchy English said:

Psychosis may not make for good relationships, but it makes for excellent sex! Bloodthirsty Kathleen is even hotter than newsready Kathleen.
Agreed Cutlesnap! Though Im not one that does enjoy a biter... ouch and also, one who claws extremely deep =/

Awesome video, just when I thought there was a limit to the humour, you pull off "diet crack" haha

Decabo

Dec 16, 2009
So Crom does absolutely nothing for his followers, probably doesn't even exist, and inspires violence towards people the followers don't agree with... Are youguys sure this wasn't supposed to be about Christianity?

Great video, as always.

Boba Frag

Dec 11, 2009
Wow... Kathleen can be very... persuasive... especially with naked steel in her hand...

Have you ever considered a career in the Church? :p

Great stuff guys :D
Made my Monday!

senorcromas

Sep 24, 2009
Ooh, I love the double meaning in "Never twice in the same day."

You guys never fail. Keep it up!

Eleima

Keeper of the GWJ Holocron
Feb 21, 2010
Kudos to Kathleen, she was pretty scary with those eyes of hers! And I loved the punchline!! "Hello? Neighborhood watch?"

TheDandyHighwayman

Nov 18, 2009
I had hoped for a door to door (I think that was the name of it) reference. that was the first LRR video I saw and it had me in stiches. as did this one. LRR never fail to have me guffawing on every line. well, not EVERY line, just most of them.

Graham_LRR

Nov 13, 2008
MowDownJoe said:
As one of Jehovah's Witnesses, I probably shouldn't have even watched that video & although it was mildly amusing, I found it offensive at best.

I don't see how this was in bad taste.
Nothing we did in the video was at all making jokes about (or even referencing) Jehovah's Witnesses.

The video's title was merely to illustrate that the characters in the video are door-to-door evangelists for their given religion, something the JWs are known for. It certainly didn't disparage what the JWs do.

The entire video is saying that a religion based on a fictional god like Crom would be ridiculous. It says nothing about Jehovah's Witnesses.

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
Kathleen with a sword is probably the absolute best thing ever. Second only to maple suger pie (I must try that sometime...)

Good to see Paul got in (if only for a few seconds...WE NEED MORE OF HIM DAMNIT!)

omega247

Apr 12, 2010
Seventh Actuality said:
The bit where Kathleen draws the sword and licks her lips like that just gave me a huge, creepy crush on her.

Damn.
ditto lol

yet another awesome video guys :D

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
I loved your work as alway's guys! I guess I need to see the Conan movies and such to really get them but I got the point of them. The bit at the end after the credit's was awesome too. I would join up but I already have a god... Slaanesh! :D

Pilot Bush

Aug 20, 2009
lol i remember you guys talking about "the lamentations of the women" in one of the podcasts a while back

Khomatose

Jan 31, 2009
PAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHA!!

I love Kathleen. I'm so sold on Crom.

wonkify

Oct 2, 2009
My favorite bunch of very funny Canadians teamed up with my favorite Hyborean god, Crom.

And is the teacher, "Mr. Howard" a ref to a real teacher or a ref to the Conan novels author Robert E. Howard?

If the latter then I salute your meta humor mastery extraordinaire. If not, then...Hey! Funny line!

PayneTrayne

Filled with ReLRRgious fervor.
Dec 17, 2009
Stinger was a great call back! Did Matt and Kathleen up up getting beers and watching Conan? Cause if not, I may feel a li'l bit cheated.

MowDownJoe

Apr 8, 2009
GrahamS said:
MowDownJoe said:

Nothing we did in the video was at all making jokes about (or even referencing) Jehovah's Witnesses.

The video's title was merely to illustrate that the characters in the video are door-to-door evangelists for their given religion, something the JWs are known for. It certainly didn't disparage what the JWs do.

The entire video is saying that a religion based on a fictional god like Crom would be ridiculous. It says nothing about Jehovah's Witnesses.
Agreed. I just quoted your post to say that you're misattributing that quote. I did NOT say that.
And really... anything you do nowadays is likely to offend someone. Look at Steve Jobs pissing off left-handers all over the world with the new iPhone!

MattAn24

Pulse l'Cie
Jul 16, 2009
I almost thought that this reminded me of the Door to Door [http://loadingreadyrun.com/videos/view/113/Door-to-Door] video a few years back.. Then it was confirmed by the stinger reference! =D

I quite liked that old video, so this was a rather nice callback.. But for CROM, CRUSHER OF SOULS!

What is best in life, indeed..

emm1t

Nov 21, 2009
I thought the episode was very well written, and had a great performance from Jer especially, but i literally rofl'd when the "stan" guys came up in the stinger. That is one of my favorite old LRR videos, great work!

Graham_LRR

Nov 13, 2008
MowDownJoe said:
Agreed. I just quoted your post to say that you're misattributing that quote. I did NOT say that.
That's so odd. I clicked the "Quote" button, and it put the wrong person in. Sorry!

To restate then:
jaythedogg said:

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
End bit was nice, it also reminded me of a sketch I once saw where Jehovah's witnesses came to Satan's door. massive hilariousness ensued.

Moriarty70

Canucklehead
Dec 24, 2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBGOQ7SsJrw&feature=player_embedded

Thrown up on io9 today. I swear, it's like a geek convergence today.

Mae Aloril

Oct 7, 2009
Very funny video, and I love the throw back to the old "Book of Stan" video ^__^ I have to say though, Kathleen, your makeup kept drawing my eye and I think that eyeshadow job looks great on you.

Don Reba

Bishop and Councilor of War
Jun 2, 2009
jaythedogg said:

Hey, you were free to choose a less annoying religion. :)

Bobkat1252

The Psychotic Psyker
Mar 18, 2008
I loved the reference at the end to the old video involving the door to door Satanists, a very well done video Gents.

OZITOMAI

Jul 8, 2009
haha this was epic as loved it!, nice work with a door to door sequel, its was awesome at the end haha book of stan LOL!

ChaosDemon

Oct 29, 2009
TheEnglishman said:

Well, I like Satan, but I also like Crom, only one way to find out........... FIGHT!!!
I lol'd at the Harry Hill reference.

Can't help but wonder how many people got it though.

Darth_Dude

Jul 11, 2008
I don't like those religious types who come doorknocking, they seem kinda desperate to me.

AvsJoe

May 28, 2009
Hahaha, great ep guys! Crom would be very pleased.
Furburt said:
Coincidental, not ironic. Sorry I hate when people misuse that word.

Graham_LRR

Nov 13, 2008
AvsJoe said:
Hahaha, great ep guys! Crom would be very pleased.
Furburt said:
Coincidental, not ironic. Sorry I hate when people misuse that word.
Bollocks!

Damn my grasp of the English language. Thanks for informing me.

TheEnglishman

Jun 13, 2009
ChaosDemon said:
TheEnglishman said:

Well at least 1 person did, and to be honest that was 1 more than I was expecting.

tamerman

Jul 17, 2009
epiiiiiccc

i myself preffer to worship the great and powerful Jimmy. he plays the vidio games.

matt87_50

Apr 3, 2009
Lol! loved the punch line. and I think Graham is perhaps the ONE person who could sell that to me.

dfcrackhead

Apr 14, 2009
So.....what did this have to do with the preview pic?

Either way great episode, I loved the Door to Door reference

Elf Defiler Korgan

Apr 15, 2009
GrahamS said:
MowDownJoe said:
That's so odd. I clicked the "Quote" button, and it put the wrong person in. Sorry!

To restate then:
jaythedogg said:

Implying the ridiculousness of one evangelist, calls them all into question.

This is good, this is doubt.

ChaosDemon

Oct 29, 2009
TheEnglishman said:
ChaosDemon said:
TheEnglishman said:

Well at least 1 person did, and to be honest that was 1 more than I was expecting.
I think it helps that I am English, Mr TheEnglishman.

SpecklePattern

May 5, 2010
Lvl 64 Klutz said:
Loving Kathleen's creepy eye stare.
I also loved that. Sort of an insane look. :) ... ... All heil the mighty Krom! "Let me get my mace" and we are in business!

Taranaich

Jul 30, 2008
Hilarious. All that's missing are the irate Howardists coming around, denouncing the witnesses as blasphemers of the most profane heresy, infuriated at the mixing of the true, original texts of the great prophet Howard with the heretical teachings of the Miliusians.

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
With Crom you can at least make him out to be the ultimate bad ass... one problem with a lot of saviors in history.

ninja555

Mar 21, 2009
Great video. Simply, short, and excellent timing and with the satanists back, it makes an even better video. Great job guys, keep up the good work.

Edit: Also, as mentioned above, Kathleen takes the evil murderer look to a whole new level. Incredibly scaring but incredibly hot, also would not mind joining the first church of Satan.

BrokenIcon

Oh look, it's me again.
Sep 11, 2008
jaythedogg said:

Jehovah's Witnesses are not the only religion to do the door ot door thing, they just happen to be the best known for it. So it wasn't directed as a jab.

Indiscrimi

Apr 2, 2008
Should I be concerned that when I heard "what is best in life," my first response really was "to crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women"?

By the way, trying to convert people to satanism is an excellent way of getting rid of Jehovah's Witnesses. I keep a copy of Anton Szandor LaVey's 'The Satanic Bible' near the front door for this very reason. I've only done it once so far, and it was totally awesome. I live for the day that I get to do it again.

Snowpact

He is the Walrus
Oct 15, 2008
Loved the episode and the return of Satan's Missionaries, haha. I laughed out loud :).

Miral

Random Lurker
Jun 6, 2008
crotalidian said:
when he said mace I was expecting the pepper spray!
Me too. I guess that would have been too obvious, though. (But funnier. Still, probably best not to piss off people waving swords around.)

Unoriginal069

Jan 7, 2010
Ho-lee-crap that was great!

Katherine's crazy eyes were awesome!!
But one wonders...where were they hiding those weapons the whole time?

Either way..sign me up!!!!!!

JokerCrowe

Nov 12, 2009
Cutlesnap said:
Crunchy English said:
Agreed. ^^ I'm in for trouble if I think a woman holding a sword and declaring bloody murder on someone is insanely hot (in every sense of the word) aren't I?
Damn!

siddif

Aug 11, 2009
Awesome as usual, if you could get away with it this would be fun to do to neighbours just for laughs as well as other obscure deities/demons.

Xiror

Nov 19, 2009
Is that an iPad in the beginning? I never knew you needed goggles for that^^

Kilgorn

Jul 1, 2009
really good episode, probably the best ive seen, loled at all of jeremy's lines and how he delivered them

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
The best part was after the credits. great callback to that video from back in '04.

Splitfire3

Dec 20, 2008
aaaah, kathleen reminds me of this suicidal teacher i had a couple o years ago...dang, shes creepy..

OZITOMAI

Jul 8, 2009
i love the stares that kathleen was giving lol, looked like she had nothing upstairs if you get my means,

siddif

Aug 11, 2009
Im watching some of the old LoadingReadyRun videos on their website and there is an old video called Door To Door which has Graham and Paul doing the Satan bit in exactly the same outfits, a great reprise =)

TheDoctor455

Friendly Neighborhood Time Lord
Apr 1, 2009
Nice... this one was even funnier than "the book of Stan".
Hmm...
Here's an idea:

"Would you care to join the Esoteric Order of Dagon?"

jaythedogg

Jan 28, 2010
BrokenSanity said:
jaythedogg said:

Jehovah's Witnesses are not the only religion to do the door ot door thing, they just happen to be the best known for it. So it wasn't directed as a jab.
Eye of the beholder really.

BrokenIcon

Oh look, it's me again.
Sep 11, 2008
jaythedogg said:
BrokenSanity said:
jaythedogg said:

Very true. I just see it from the other side of the fence because we don't have many Jehovah's Witnesses in my area, and the door to door thing is more common with Mormans around here. Also on that note, I have no idea what religion does more of the door to door thing in Victoria where the show is filmed.

jaythedogg

Jan 28, 2010
BrokenSanity said:
jaythedogg said:
BrokenSanity said:
jaythedogg said:

Very true. I just see it from the other side of the fence because we don't have many Jehovah's Witnesses in my area, and the door to door thing is more common with Mormans around here. Also on that note, I have no idea what religion does more of the door to door thing in Victoria where the show is filmed.
Oh, well if it is about Mormons..... :p

I think I was in a bad mood that day or something tbh, I really should pa attention to my entertainment choices anyway.

RufusMcLaser

Mar 27, 2008
I loved this the first time I saw it. Recently I started going through the LRR back-catalog and stumbled onto "Door to Door." Suddenly the Conan's Witnesses stinger has context and I love it even more. Nicely done, Runners.