LoadingReadyRun: Conan's Witnesses

PayneTrayne

Filled with ReLRRgious fervor.
Dec 17, 2009
Stinger was a great call back! Did Matt and Kathleen up up getting beers and watching Conan? Cause if not, I may feel a li'l bit cheated.

MowDownJoe

Apr 8, 2009
GrahamS said:
MowDownJoe said:
As one of Jehovah's Witnesses, I probably shouldn't have even watched that video & although it was mildly amusing, I found it offensive at best.

Otherwise, you guys aren't too bad, this was just in bad taste. Kthxbai.
I don't see how this was in bad taste.
Nothing we did in the video was at all making jokes about (or even referencing) Jehovah's Witnesses.

The video's title was merely to illustrate that the characters in the video are door-to-door evangelists for their given religion, something the JWs are known for. It certainly didn't disparage what the JWs do.

The entire video is saying that a religion based on a fictional god like Crom would be ridiculous. It says nothing about Jehovah's Witnesses.
Agreed. I just quoted your post to say that you're misattributing that quote. I did NOT say that.
And really... anything you do nowadays is likely to offend someone. Look at Steve Jobs pissing off left-handers all over the world with the new iPhone!

MattAn24

Pulse l'Cie
Jul 16, 2009
I almost thought that this reminded me of the Door to Door [http://loadingreadyrun.com/videos/view/113/Door-to-Door] video a few years back.. Then it was confirmed by the stinger reference! =D

I quite liked that old video, so this was a rather nice callback.. But for CROM, CRUSHER OF SOULS!

What is best in life, indeed..

emm1t

Nov 21, 2009
I thought the episode was very well written, and had a great performance from Jer especially, but i literally rofl'd when the "stan" guys came up in the stinger. That is one of my favorite old LRR videos, great work!

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
MowDownJoe said:
Agreed. I just quoted your post to say that you're misattributing that quote. I did NOT say that.
That's so odd. I clicked the "Quote" button, and it put the wrong person in. Sorry!

To restate then:
jaythedogg said:
As one of Jehovah's Witnesses, I probably shouldn't have even watched that video & although it was mildly amusing, I found it offensive at best.

I don't see how this was in bad taste.
Nothing we did in the video was at all making jokes about (or even referencing) Jehovah's Witnesses.

The video's title was merely to illustrate that the characters in the video are door-to-door evangelists for their given religion, something the JWs are known for. It certainly didn't disparage what the JWs do.

The entire video is saying that a religion based on a fictional god like Crom would be ridiculous. It says nothing about Jehovah's Witnesses.

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
End bit was nice, it also reminded me of a sketch I once saw where Jehovah's witnesses came to Satan's door. massive hilariousness ensued.

Moriarty70

Canucklehead
Dec 24, 2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBGOQ7SsJrw&feature=player_embedded

Thrown up on io9 today. I swear, it's like a geek convergence today.

Mae Aloril

Oct 7, 2009
Very funny video, and I love the throw back to the old "Book of Stan" video ^__^ I have to say though, Kathleen, your makeup kept drawing my eye and I think that eyeshadow job looks great on you.

Don Reba

Bishop and Councilor of War
Jun 2, 2009
jaythedogg said:

Hey, you were free to choose a less annoying religion. :)

Bobkat1252

The Psychotic Psyker
Mar 18, 2008
I loved the reference at the end to the old video involving the door to door Satanists, a very well done video Gents.

OZITOMAI

Jul 8, 2009
haha this was epic as loved it!, nice work with a door to door sequel, its was awesome at the end haha book of stan LOL!

ChaosDemon

Oct 29, 2009
TheEnglishman said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LctZf3uiWOY

Link to Door to Door, the spiritual prequel and stinger at the end.

Well, I like Satan, but I also like Crom, only one way to find out........... FIGHT!!!
I lol'd at the Harry Hill reference.

Can't help but wonder how many people got it though.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
Hahaha, great ep guys! Crom would be very pleased.
Furburt said:
How ironic, I just watched Conan The Barbarian this morning.
Coincidental, not ironic. Sorry I hate when people misuse that word.