LoadingReadyRun: Conan's Witnesses

TheEnglishman

Jun 13, 2009
ChaosDemon said:
TheEnglishman said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LctZf3uiWOY

Link to Door to Door, the spiritual prequel and stinger at the end.

Well, I like Satan, but I also like Crom, only one way to find out........... FIGHT!!!
I lol'd at the Harry Hill reference.

Can't help but wonder how many people got it though.
Well at least 1 person did, and to be honest that was 1 more than I was expecting.

tamerman

Jul 17, 2009
epiiiiiccc

i myself preffer to worship the great and powerful Jimmy. he plays the vidio games.

dfcrackhead

Apr 14, 2009
So.....what did this have to do with the preview pic?

Either way great episode, I loved the Door to Door reference

Elf Defiler Korgan

Apr 15, 2009
GrahamS said:
MowDownJoe said:
Agreed. I just quoted your post to say that you're misattributing that quote. I did NOT say that.
That's so odd. I clicked the "Quote" button, and it put the wrong person in. Sorry!

To restate then:
jaythedogg said:
As one of Jehovah's Witnesses, I probably shouldn't have even watched that video & although it was mildly amusing, I found it offensive at best.

Otherwise, you guys aren't too bad, this was just in bad taste. Kthxbai.
I don't see how this was in bad taste.
Nothing we did in the video was at all making jokes about (or even referencing) Jehovah's Witnesses.

The video's title was merely to illustrate that the characters in the video are door-to-door evangelists for their given religion, something the JWs are known for. It certainly didn't disparage what the JWs do.

The entire video is saying that a religion based on a fictional god like Crom would be ridiculous. It says nothing about Jehovah's Witnesses.
Implying the ridiculousness of one evangelist, calls them all into question.

This is good, this is doubt.

ChaosDemon

Oct 29, 2009
TheEnglishman said:
ChaosDemon said:
TheEnglishman said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LctZf3uiWOY

Link to Door to Door, the spiritual prequel and stinger at the end.

Well, I like Satan, but I also like Crom, only one way to find out........... FIGHT!!!
I lol'd at the Harry Hill reference.

Can't help but wonder how many people got it though.
Well at least 1 person did, and to be honest that was 1 more than I was expecting.
I think it helps that I am English, Mr TheEnglishman.

Taranaich

Jul 30, 2008
Hilarious. All that's missing are the irate Howardists coming around, denouncing the witnesses as blasphemers of the most profane heresy, infuriated at the mixing of the true, original texts of the great prophet Howard with the heretical teachings of the Miliusians.

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
With Crom you can at least make him out to be the ultimate bad ass... one problem with a lot of saviors in history.

ninja555

Mar 21, 2009
Great video. Simply, short, and excellent timing and with the satanists back, it makes an even better video. Great job guys, keep up the good work.

Edit: Also, as mentioned above, Kathleen takes the evil murderer look to a whole new level. Incredibly scaring but incredibly hot, also would not mind joining the first church of Satan.

BrokenIcon

Oh look, it's me again.
Sep 11, 2008
jaythedogg said:
As one of Jehovah's Witnesses, I probably shouldn't have even watched that video & although it was mildly amusing, I found it offensive at best.

Otherwise, you guys aren't too bad, this was just in bad taste. Kthxbai.
Jehovah's Witnesses are not the only religion to do the door ot door thing, they just happen to be the best known for it. So it wasn't directed as a jab.

Indiscrimi

Apr 2, 2008
Should I be concerned that when I heard "what is best in life," my first response really was "to crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women"?

By the way, trying to convert people to satanism is an excellent way of getting rid of Jehovah's Witnesses. I keep a copy of Anton Szandor LaVey's 'The Satanic Bible' near the front door for this very reason. I've only done it once so far, and it was totally awesome. I live for the day that I get to do it again.

Snowpact

He is the Walrus
Oct 15, 2008
Loved the episode and the return of Satan's Missionaries, haha. I laughed out loud :).

Miral

Random Lurker
Jun 6, 2008
crotalidian said:
when he said mace I was expecting the pepper spray!
Me too. I guess that would have been too obvious, though. (But funnier. Still, probably best not to piss off people waving swords around.)

Unoriginal069

Jan 7, 2010
Ho-lee-crap that was great!

Katherine's crazy eyes were awesome!!
But one wonders...where were they hiding those weapons the whole time?

Either way..sign me up!!!!!!

JokerCrowe

Nov 12, 2009
Cutlesnap said:
Crunchy English said:
To the Escapist community (well, some of you anyway) - If psychosis is something that attracts you to women? I think I know why your last relationship failed. Try women who don't lick their lips at the thought of bloodthirsty murder and you might be able to make it work.
Psychosis may not make for good relationships, but it makes for excellent sex! Bloodthirsty Kathleen is even hotter than newsready Kathleen.
Agreed. ^^ I'm in for trouble if I think a woman holding a sword and declaring bloody murder on someone is insanely hot (in every sense of the word) aren't I?
Damn!