LoadingReadyRun: How to Find Free Wifi

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
How to Find Free Wifi

The LRR crew dispenses some indispensable advice for getting online.

Watch Video

chetoos

Jul 13, 2009
I really liked how much Paul was accepting of it in the Stinger, excellent video, especially with the signs on the Starbucks.

Dragon Zero

No one of note
Apr 16, 2009
I was really excited for a new X ways to Y video so I'm a little disappointed. It was a nice video though, especially the signs and that stinger.

Le_Lisra

norwegian cat
Jun 6, 2009
I once borrowed a friend's Eee, wandered around a small German town and ended up checking my emails while perching the laptop on some random person's fence and using their unsecured linksys.

Luckily no one came and asked ^^

Covarr

PS Thanks
May 29, 2009
This is one of the funniest videos I've seen in a while. I hope to see more like this in the future!

P.S. Thanks

Amgeo

Apr 14, 2011
If the situation gets much worse, you might have to... *gulp* go to the library!

Assuming that your public library has wifi and everything, which not all of them do.

scw55

Nov 18, 2009
Public Wi-Fi IS a lie.

I went to many hotspots last year to get event Pokemon on PKMN Diamond and my DS refused to connect :(

I had no form of WiFi elsewhere.

MatParker116

Feb 4, 2009
Just a quick note you can be prosecuted for using private networks without permission so be careful.

Beryl77

Mar 26, 2010
I remember a couple of years ago, I was able to connect to someone's wifi but only in some parts of my house and it would disconnect every 5 or 6 minutes. The only place where it wouldn't do that was right outside a window.
So I would sometimes lean outside the window with only my legs inside, trying to get a good connection and not fall out. It was especially annoying in winter or when it would rain. Ahh, good times.

Anyway, the video is awesome. I loved those signs and the conversation between James and the officer was just hilarious.

mew4ever23

Mar 21, 2008
I do sometimes resort to tethering, but I also keep a usb cable for my phone on hand. Non wireless tether ftw.

And yes, do be careful. You can, in fact, be prosecuted for using someone's Wi-Fi without permission.

Clankenbeard

Clerical Error
Mar 29, 2009
DVS BSTrD said:
The Sam Ramey would be Matt plugging directly into a land line.
If Sam Raimi were dead right now, he'd be turning over in his grave. Since he isn't, he'll probably just roll casually to the side on his giant pile of money. Perhaps, he'll even see Bruce Campbell outside his solid gold mansion window pleading for a lead roll in a major film.

This video was great. I found myself:
1. Playfully amused at Matt in the top hat and fake moustachio. Such a lucrative Mr. Moneybags!
2. Scared by Paul's creepy angry eyebrows while he is looking down at his laptop screen. I would not approach this man.

darksakul

Old Man? I am not that old .....
Jun 14, 2008
mew4ever23 said:
I do sometimes resort to tethering, but I also keep a usb cable for my phone on hand. Non wireless tether ftw.

And yes, do be careful. You can, in fact, be prosecuted for using someone's Wi-Fi without permission.
Especially if the ISP was from a cable company.
As [their] lawyers would argue you are stealing cable as well.

DSL, T3 and Fiber Optic isn't as bad but the rules to very from state to state country to country.