LoadingReadyRun: In Death as in Life

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
In Death as in Life

He rests as he lived: kinda neurotic and odd.

Watch Video

Traipse

Jun 1, 2011
Greg is now a matchmaking service? I wouldn't expect that as the sort of thing dead guys would do.

Also, I was expecting Kathleen as soon as "the hair" thing came up, but it was still pretty funny when she showed up.

Arachon

Jun 23, 2008
Have you guys got yourself a new editing program or something? The last few videos seem... a bit off in the post-processing department somehow.

leviadragon99

Jun 17, 2010
That... that hair...

Uh, where was I? Oh yeah, this doesn't actually surprise me, Ghosts are pretty much the annoying roommates of the undead.

MattAn24

Pulse l'Cie
Jul 16, 2009
Written by Tim Sevenhuysen? No fucking wonder it's awesome! Nice job, Tim!

Kathleen. Always the one with "The Hair". :p James really likes that hat and jacket too *looks at Desert Bus 5 poster*

Beryl77

Mar 26, 2010
DVS BSTrD said:
Dammit Kathleen! You couldn't have done something with a wig? Now my brain is stuck that scene from "There's something about Mary"
Thanks, after reading your comment, my brain is now stuck with that scene.

Anyway, that was great acting from Came- Kathleen.

hypermage

Feb 13, 2010
TIM! Its a wild Tim script everybody!

That hair was pretty ridiculous though was expecting something more outlandish.

Clankenbeard

Clerical Error
Mar 29, 2009
I was humored. Humor was here. Something was indeed different about this one and I waited for the credits to see what was up. Written by Tim? Cool. I am glad to see this lanorious writing chore being spread around a bit.

Tim, I liked it. But you need a closer. Dialogue was good, but there was no punch for me at the end. To me, it just sort of ended with no discernable logical termination or hillarious twist. Now go again! Bring additional funny to the table. Possibly use a Rubik's Cube, Pig Latin and a narcoleptic badger for maximum impact.

Tim_LRR

Nov 16, 2009
Clankenbeard said:
I was humored. Humor was here. Something was indeed different about this one and I waited for the credits to see what was up. Written by Tim? Cool. I am glad to see this lanorious writing chore being spread around a bit.

Tim, I liked it. But you need a closer. Dialogue was good, but there was no punch for me at the end. To me, it just sort of ended with no discernable logical termination or hillarious twist. Now go again! Bring additional funny to the table. Possibly use a Rubik's Cube, Pig Latin and a narcoleptic badger for maximum impact.
Thanks, Clankenbeard. If there was something I would change about the script, it would definitely be the final punchline. I struggled with the script a lot to find a good ending, and eventually settled on what you saw, which was less of a punchline and more of a Charlie Brown-style neurotic moment. I think it fits the tone of the video, but I agree that a bit more punchiness might've been nice.

pigmy wurm

Nov 18, 2009
I think this actually has a reverse punchline of sorts. What I mean by it is that I liked it well enough the first time through, but then I watched it again latter and loved the moment where Paul mentions how being a ghost is great because he can go places and do things that the still living James can't. Knowing that the entire rest of the video is Paul being unable to do anything without James' help the line was really funny the second time, but it would have ideally been better to make a call back reference to the line towards the end so that you got the punch the first time through.

Considering how often paul plays dead people it's surprising that I think this is the first time I can remember him playing a ghost.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Being dead makes you purple, because the afterlife is grape flavored!

If he can't touch the computer and seat belts go through him... how does he move with the car?