LoadingReadyRun: Redundancy

Telperion

Storyteller
Apr 17, 2008
I thought that was pretty fun to watch :)

Although I do have to say that when they started going over really old technology it started feeling a little forced, but then the jokes about how this, that and just about everything else had been sold to someone brought it right back. Good stuff!

Hithlain

Keeper of Ying
Nov 25, 2008
classic. I, sadly, will not be at Pax East... but I can imagine how much fun it must be if LRR is going to be there!!

Hurr Durr Derp

Apr 8, 2009
Good old paper to the rescue. It's sometimes surprising to see how often people (including myself) overlook that option. Paper handouts should be mandatory for presentations.

Calatar

May 13, 2009
This is the story of school powerpoints. I've grown to be paranoid with my data redundancy.

He shouldn't have given up on the USB drive. I had one go through the wash 3 times (not my fault) and I'm still using it to this day. The plastic casing died before the internal circuit board died, and now it's held together with duct tape.

Mildly humorous all the way through, nearing LOL-level at the paper version and eliminating data redundancy.

300lb. Samoan

Mar 25, 2009
"My tie! It's printed in optical binary on my tie! If we run it through the fax machine backwards it'll produce an audio signal, and we can decode the waveform and save that as a powerpoint presentation!"

Solid! I got a couple hearty laughs out of this!

k-ossuburb

Jul 31, 2009
Good point raised there; when am I going to finally get a player for all my holocubes? I've got stacks of the 1.21 gigawatt ones just because I read on a forum that if I can run 88 per hour I'd "see some serious shit". Whatever that means.

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
Dammit you guys need to come to the UK for soem bizzare reason!

Great episode, i could relate so much. I once had to do a presentation and EVERYTHING i saved it to just didnt want to work.

MattAn24

Pulse l'Cie
Jul 16, 2009
Ooh, a sketch from Alex! It's been a while since I've seen that brand of awesome.. I'll admit, it was a little drawn out, but you guys managed to get -a lot- into there! Plus, it's so very true. Ah, backups.. You rapscallions!

Funny story.. I actually took my PC to a computer store to take a look at the hard drive and/or graphics card.. Thought the hard drive was actually ticking or ball bearings gone wacky on it.. Turns out the graphics card was just boned. Updated one ftw~!

MadeinHell

Jun 18, 2009
3 words:
THAT WAS AWESOME!

:D I couldn't stop laughing. One of the best LRR in months (IMO that is :p)

dubious_wolf

Obfuscated Information
Jun 4, 2009
Well I enjoyed it, but I think Reduce Your Footprint was better...
Anyway is that the new office space? how's that working out?

Eleima

Keeper of the GWJ Holocron
Feb 21, 2010
Hilarious!! "Well, do you have a hard copy?" So what's the lesson here, boys and girls? Have multiple backups *and* bring a hard copy!!! =D

Plurralbles

Jan 12, 2010
Very VERy funny.

It's so true. But whatever happened to an SD card?

I expected it to come from underneath his tongue or something.

Siorai

Nov 11, 2009
Great episode, can't wait to go to Pax East and see you guys and witness the "magical journey" that is the LRR panel Q&A time.