LoadingReadyRun: The Secret Life of Board Games

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
z121231211 said:
Did anyone else just want this to go on forever? You could make an entire series based off of this.
I concur, I guess I wil ljust go pretend my lord of the rings monopoly figures can talk...

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
"What's up? Come at me! Bet you can't. No, you can't because you can only move in L's. You know what L stands for? Loser!"

This has my vote for greatest quote ever. Laughed so hard at this.

midpipps

Feb 23, 2009
Wieke said:
Is that that D&D based board-game? I think I would prefer the original.
Yeah it is Legend of Drizzt http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs9t-QGw6KY. Pretty much the same thing as Castle Raveloft or Wrath of Ashardalon. They are pretty fun games and while I do prefer playing standard D&D these are games that you can pretty much just sit down and play no need for a DM and pretty entertaining.

Bonuses of the board games:
Easy to pick up and play as long as 1 person knows the rules well.

Easy for people who know nothing about D&D to pick up and play and actually has opened up people to trying a real D&D game when they were completely against it before. if (number_of_people_who_have_read_and_understand_the_rules > 0)

If you are a DM or play in games you get some pretty sweet minis out of these sets although if you want them to look good you will have to paint them.

Dungeon tiles can actually be useful in a true D&D game.

There is alot of freedom to modify rules etc and make up campaigns while still having a decent selection of campaigns with stories and predefined rules.

They get to pick their powers etc.
Not so good Parts:
Rules are confusing the first time you play.

Think of the most sadistic DM you have ever played with and you are pretty close to how hard this game is. You will fail games with a decent recurrence.

Fail games have the possibility to turn people off from it so I usually modify the rules a little for first time players to give the party a better chance of surviving. Once they win the first game usually then I will play normal rules and let them die if they die.

Does not really give the full feeling of being your character and making decisions based off of alignment etc.

Leveling up is ridiculously random. (Must Roll a natural 20 on an attack or skill check)
All in all though they are fun and great for game nights with friends or family.

Mouse_Crouse

Apr 28, 2010
So much win. Not sure how you guys consistently come up with this stuff week in and out. Would watch this series just for the title music as well.

Grickit

Mar 2, 2011
Can someone please name the last two games?

#1 Legend of Drizzt
#2 Monopoly
#3 Chess
#4 ???
#5 ???

warfjm

Nov 14, 2007
This is a brilliant idea. You could do an entire series like this! NEED MORE!

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Grickit said:
Can someone please name the last two games?

#1 Legend of Drizzt
#2 Monopoly
#3 Chess
#4 ???
#5 ???
#4 Robot Rally
#5 Carcassonne