LoadingReadyRun: The Very Best of Room Tone

Frankfurter4444

Aug 11, 2009
I actually paused the video, got the calculator out, and multiplied $29.95x3=

I'm terrible at math. And also a dork.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
Good episode overall, nearly quit watching after about 2 minutes, but stuck through and got some laughs for my trouble, thanks guys.

Baresark said:
Ugh... so, I was just having a conversation with a buddy about these videos and the shit audio quality they all have. They all sound hollow and empty... now this one is the complete opposite, with no ambient audio what so ever.... Both tend to be hard on the ears.

And who writes this stuff? It's not that witty for funny, though I do appreciate the amount of work that goes into these episodes. I am sure you are working on a solitary personal budget.
I hate to be that guy but you don't have to watch it, and I doubt very much they will change their way dramatically because you said you personally don't find this very entertaining.

And also I guess they get paid by this website to make these videos. Seeing as users have the option to pay a monthly premium fee (and I think to donate too).

Personally I don't find every episode funny, and most of the time I'm not laughing my arse off, but it kills time, and their are some good bits in there.

As for the audio, I can only assume audio quality is something important to you, but most of us don't really either notice or care, ignorance is bliss.

Cain_Zeros

Nov 13, 2009
N00bits said:
Is Jer refusing to actually look at the camera some sort of joke now? Its absolutely driving me up the wall. I find it painful watching him on greenscreen now. The foley part killed though.
One of the first things you learn in any film class is to never look directly at the camera. That might have something to do with it.

ezeroast

Jan 25, 2009
I love how when they are scrolling through the play list of the room sounds 3 are marked yellow but only the first 2 play. Just like the real adds on tv. That always pissed me off.

Magnax

Nov 19, 2009
I normally really like LRR, but I didn't much care for this video. The ordering instructions were funny, but that was about it.

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
Well... boring..... but it's hard to make infomercials appealing to everyone. Next week will be better.
Order this very infomercials soundtrack for the special low low price of $49.95. order now!!!

lotanerve

Jan 19, 2011
TheEnglishman said:
N00bits said:
Is Jer refusing to actually look at the camera some sort of joke now? Its absolutely driving me up the wall. I find it painful watching him on greenscreen now.
I think it would be because of his lazy eye, or something to that effect, his eyes don't do something that ours do or something like that so his vision wanders or something unintentionally. I know he can't drive and has bad depth perception.
Yeah...that lazy eye is distracting me entirely..

JehuBot

Jun 1, 2011
I lol'd at "Kiss , Kiss , Kiss , Hug , Hug , Touch , Stroke , Stroke , Stroke , Stroke" XD

N00bits

Sep 11, 2008
Cain_Zeros said:
N00bits said:
Is Jer refusing to actually look at the camera some sort of joke now? Its absolutely driving me up the wall. I find it painful watching him on greenscreen now. The foley part killed though.
One of the first things you learn in any film class is to never look directly at the camera. That might have something to do with it.
Except every news/commercial does it, or at least they put the teleprompter close enough to the camera you can't notice the difference. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M14tRsjIO10 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NNv2oiWdRU

I'm certainly sympathetic of Jer has some sort of issue causing it, my ex had something similar, but I then wonder why he gets selected for this sort of thing as much as he does- it always feels like he doesn't know his lines and he's reading them off cards, whether thats true or not.

Boba Frag

Dec 11, 2009
A raven, you say? someone's been reading/watching Game of Thrones!

Carl Foley is a genius... Even if his haircut is horrific!

"Hug, touch, stroke... stroke... Stroke, stroke! stroke! stroke! stroke!!"

Pariah164

May 9, 2008
Jer does have an eye condition, yes. But for this video, I think it made the effect even more hilarious.

Cain_Zeros

Nov 13, 2009
N00bits said:
Cain_Zeros said:
N00bits said:
Except every news/commercial does it, or at least they put the teleprompter close enough to the camera you can't notice the difference. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M14tRsjIO10 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NNv2oiWdRU

I'm certainly sympathetic of Jer has some sort of issue causing it, my ex had something similar, but I then wonder why he gets selected for this sort of thing as much as he does- it always feels like he doesn't know his lines and he's reading them off cards, whether thats true or not.
In those cases you are addressing the audience, so I suppose they'd be an exception. Although, that Metamucil commercial with the woman staring unblinkingly at the camera creeps me the hell out.

Extragorey

Dec 24, 2010
Baresark said:
Ugh... so, I was just having a conversation with a buddy about these videos and the shit audio quality they all have. They all sound hollow and empty... now this one is the complete opposite, with no ambient audio what so ever.... Both tend to be hard on the ears.
Heh heh, for a second there I thought you were serious... But I see what you did.

cymonsgames

Dec 17, 2010
N00bits said:
Same for me. I kept thinking "Take your eyes off the teleprompter, Jer!"