LoadingReadyRun: Ways to Waste the Kickstarter Money

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Ways to Waste the Kickstarter Money

The gang comes up with some ways to waste their Kickstarter money.

Watch Video

Lord_Bryon

Aug 15, 2010
oh dear me bulk-order eye surgery :)

I was almost wondering if this video would come with a disclaimer
"No Kickstarter money was harmed in the making of this production"

great video as always

Aardvaarkman

I am the one who eats ants!
Jul 14, 2011
You guys should invest in tulips. I heard they're going to be the next big thing. When you control the tulip supply, people will be selling their smartphones and tablets just to get a piece of the sweet tulip action from you guys.

Jan 12, 2012
Why was all the money American? Are fake Canadian bills harder to come by?

Also, there was no shout-out to a limo company in the credits that would indicate a favour from a friend. Did you actually hire one for a 3-second scene?

LysanderNemoinis

Noble and oppressed Kekistani
Nov 8, 2010
I know this may cause a shitstorm, but I can't help it. When I say the title, the first thing I thought was, "Pretend To Spend Money On A Phony Political Web Series On YouTube."

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
LysanderNemoinis said:
I know this may cause a shitstorm, but I can't help it. When I say the title, the first thing I thought was, "Pretend To Spend Money On A Phony Political Web Series On YouTube."
I'd probably avoid that sort of comment, because some of the most ugly and disgusting people on the internet are inextricably associated with the whole discussion. You know if a bunch of arseholes jump on a bus, I don't want to be there even if it is going the right direction.

Besides, I suspect you haven't yourself put any money there and that you probably disagree and may have had arguments with the type of people who have, so it's not really a big deal right?

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
I paused the video to read the whiteboard. I especially loved "Actual Moondbase".

MrCollins

Power Vacuumer
Jun 28, 2010
The stuff written on the whiteboard is all gold.
Also, I would suggest actual building the bridge to Vancouver and paying Matt's fees.
He's worth it!

Yossarian1507

Jan 20, 2010
And by putting this list in a LRR video, you actually didn't lie, you used this money for a 2014 season sketch. You clever bastards...

Huh, I need to check my Kickstarter account. If i'm not mistaken, Bradley's music should be available for backers soon enough.

JenSeven

Crazy person! Avoid!
Oct 19, 2010
Thunderous Cacophony said:
Also, there was no shout-out to a limo company in the credits that would indicate a favour from a friend. Did you actually hire one for a 3-second scene?
That was probably Steve Dengler's limo.
Or they got one on loan from Penn & Teller for Desert Bus.

killa_kid

Mar 17, 2009
I can't be the only person thinking this. Paul you have a magnificent beard. I am in awe of it's majesty.

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
And the Sam Raimi actually gets rewarded for all it's hard work.

Can anyone tell me what the crypto-currency comments were?

Did the LRR crew ask for used scratch cards?

Scy Anide

Redacted
Dec 7, 2013
More ways to spend Kickstarter moneys:

Hats. Thousands of hats. More hats than TF2!
...and cats. Thousands of cats! More cats than TF2?

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
loved the video, I think my favorite part was the laser eye surgery bits. I look forward to what this year has in store.

Don Reba

Bishop and Councilor of War
Jun 2, 2009
You should just invest all that money into another, bigger, Kickstarter campaign.

leviadragon99

Jun 17, 2010
Huh... I am left wondering how much some of the items on that list that at least looked expensive set the crew back to temporarily acquire...