LoadingReadyRun: Ways to Waste the Kickstarter Money

Koios

Jul 28, 2010
Scy Anide said:
More ways to spend Kickstarter moneys:

Hats. Thousands of hats. More hats than TF2!
...and cats. Thousands of cats! More cats than TF2?
You're on to something here...

kailus13 said:
Can anyone tell me what the crypto-currency comments were?
LiteCoin wasn't heavy enough, bitcoin was too mainstream and passe, dogecoin was so cute such currency and wow, peercoin was peer pressure, datayorb was pee 2 pee and cloud, and quark was what

I really enjoyed pork belly futures because of Trading Spaces, myself

deathjavu

Nov 18, 2009
Thunderous Cacophony said:
Why was all the money American? Are fake Canadian bills harder to come by?

Also, there was no shout-out to a limo company in the credits that would indicate a favour from a friend. Did you actually hire one for a 3-second scene?
Huh... I am left wondering how much some of the items on that list that at least looked expensive set the crew back to temporarily acquire...
They spent 184.04 on this sketch, not including ongoing costs for the moonbase or their food or stuff like that. But that's also not quite accurate, since they used the limo for at least one other video while they had it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4ynACmeuys

Graham made an infographic with the breakdown: http://loadingreadyrun.com/blog/2014/01/07/2014-ways-to-sneak-jokes-into-blog-posts/

I'd say, splitting the limo use evenly between the two videos (it's only there for 10 seconds in both videos), it's at $109.04 for this sketch.

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
I chose a good time to sell random stupid shit to web video series developers. I'm already enjoying retirement on a repossessed Moonbase.

JonnWood

Jul 16, 2008
BrotherRool said:
LysanderNemoinis said:
I know this may cause a shitstorm, but I can't help it. When I say the title, the first thing I thought was, "Pretend To Spend Money On A Phony Political Web Series On YouTube."
I'd probably avoid that sort of comment, because some of the most ugly and disgusting people on the internet are inextricably associated with the whole discussion. You know if a bunch of arseholes jump on a bus, I don't want to be there even if it is going the right direction.

Besides, I suspect you haven't yourself put any money there and that you probably disagree and may have had arguments with the type of people who have, so it's not really a big deal right?
If you're referring to the critic I think you are, you do realize that there's no shortage of dicks on either side of the debate, right? Including the person in question?

That said, it was a real political web series. It just turns out to be a poorly-researched and illogical one that is inexplicably being touted as holy writ by many people of said political persuasion, who react like rabid muskrats with fungal infections in uncomfortable places when anyone points it out. Except when it's the other people of said political persuasion, who they either don't know exist, or are actively ignoring.

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
JonnWood said:
BrotherRool said:
LysanderNemoinis said:
I know this may cause a shitstorm, but I can't help it. When I say the title, the first thing I thought was, "Pretend To Spend Money On A Phony Political Web Series On YouTube."
I'd probably avoid that sort of comment, because some of the most ugly and disgusting people on the internet are inextricably associated with the whole discussion. You know if a bunch of arseholes jump on a bus, I don't want to be there even if it is going the right direction.

Besides, I suspect you haven't yourself put any money there and that you probably disagree and may have had arguments with the type of people who have, so it's not really a big deal right?
If you're referring to the critic I think you are, you do realize that there's no shortage of dicks on either side of the debate, right? Including the person in question?

That said, it was a real political web series. It just turns out to be a poorly-researched and illogical one that is inexplicably being touted as holy writ by many people of said political persuasion, who react like rabid muskrats with fungal infections in uncomfortable places when anyone points it out. Except when it's the other people of said political persuasion, who they either don't know exist, or are actively ignoring.
Then that's a good reason to avoid it all together.

But there are levels to this and the one side has people on it who are order of magnitudes more terrible than the rest of the people on either side. I'm not talking about dicks here, I'm talking I don't know if I want to be in the same room as someone who said that.