Lococycle Review - Silly But Not Much Else

WMDogma

Jul 28, 2009
Lococycle Review - Silly But Not Much Else

Utterly ridiculous, but not that engaging.

Read Full Article

Dr.Awkward

Mar 27, 2013
You know what the funny thing about this is? I've been through Scottsburg, Indiana multiple times when going to Madison. Pretty much a typical Midwestern county seat, to be honest; courthouse square with 1870s-1910s era shops built around it, fast food places on the main road, the usual stuff. Only thing that's really different from it is that I-65 is on the outskirts. Only way I could see this town being mentioned is if someone was from that area, or went to school at nearby Hanover College.

Slash2x

Dec 7, 2009
2 things.

1. Glad to see an honest review of the game even with a team member of the site directly involved in the game!

2. Talk about a random location to drive to! I live in Indiana and that is on of the smaller towns to select at random for the bike rally. The rally really just moves along I-69 and stops in different towns on the way. Not unusual to see 2 or 3 miles of bikes on the highway as they are migrating.

QUINTIX

May 16, 2008
Where is the video of that one panel where Bob Chipman said the first Sonic was not all that good?

Not to imply that Lococycle is the start of a series, but Twisted Pixel seems worth supporting just to see what they come up with next.

If many meh yet novel games have sales that does not correlate strongly with their metacritic scores, maybe publishers will stop using metacritic as the basis for how much they pay their studios.

JonB

Don't Take Crap from Life
Sep 16, 2012
QUINTIX said:
Not to imply that Lococycle is the start of a series, but Twisted Pixel seems worth supporting just to see what they come up with next.
Having seen Paul play some of Lococycle, this is actually exactly how I feel. They might not have made an awesome game, but they put a lot of weird, weird heart into it.

Jorpho

Nov 6, 2008
an utterly ridiculous story that will illicit a few laughs
Tsk. Elicit vs Illicit [http://www.grammar-monster.com/easily_confused/elicit_illicit.htm].

Deadcyde

Jan 11, 2011
is no one going to comment that the mechanic should have been a red smear from friction alone.. NO ONE!?!?