Logitech Pro Gaming Mouse Review - No-Frills Professional Performance

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Logitech Pro Gaming Mouse Review - No-Frills Professional Performance

Logitech's new Pro Gaming Mouse offers all the features the pros want, with none of the extraneous bells and whistles.

Read Full Article

pearcinator

Apr 8, 2009
As a lefty, symmetry is important. The shape is right but why not have two buttons on both sides?

I'll keep my EVGA Torq X10 thank you.

pearcinator

Apr 8, 2009
Smilomaniac said:
pearcinator said:
As a lefty, symmetry is important. The shape is right but why not have two buttons on both sides?

I'll keep my EVGA Torq X10 thank you.
Pure laziness, is my guess. On the other hand, I've taken apart so many mice to know, that sometimes the insides are sometimes crammed and don't leave room for extra cables and therefore extra side buttons.

Also, funnily enough, I tried putting mine in my left hand and I immediately pressed the "back" button, removing my initial response to you. I'm going to go ahead and say that's a pretty good reason as to why :D
It's one thing that you could remove the function of the side buttons, but you'd be hearing the clicks of those all the time.

For reference, Roccat Tyon (clearly not a lefty):

Of course you would have pressed the buttons, you're not used to using it with your left hand like I am. I would do that same if I used it with my right hand. My grip on the mouse is a bit different too. I still left click with index finger (and for that matter right click with it too) so my grip is on a bit of an angle instead of straight on top.

Smilomaniac said:
How is your EVGA Torq X10 treating you so far? I've never seen or heard of it before.
New brands, or in this case one that goes out of its way to make something else than usual, sometimes make the mistake of making durable products, so this might very well have made for my new next five year mouse.
It works great. I've had it for a year and the only issue I had with it was that it wouldn't detect it sometimes when I turned the computer on...although it hasn't done that for about 8 months so maybe there was a software update that fixed that. Although, it's not as customisable as other mice. You can put some weights in it and there's a height adjustment on it but I can't really tell much difference (I'm not as anal about it as some people might be).

Basically I got it because it seemed to suit my left-handedness. If I was right handed I probably would have bought a different mouse. It's just hard to find a gaming mouse for lefties.

Pros
-symmetry
-comfortable
-five DPI options (up to 8200) that can be switched on the fly (comes in handy)
-9 buttons
-can change the colour of the lights
-scroll wheel is nice

Cons
-version I bought is made of plastic and feels a bit flimsy, the sides a a bit slippery too. It was $30 more for the carbon fibre version.
-side buttons feel a bit loose
-I found it difficult to open it up to put the weights inside