Lollipop Chainsaw Review

mental_looney

Apr 29, 2008
PunkRex said:
Despite everything that rocks about this game (I mean Tara Strong you guys, you guys, Tara Strong) I hear its only a few hours long, like 4, thats feeble as f*ck. Still its only £40 here in England which was a big shock (thats on the lower side of 50 that makes me feel good) so... maybe i'll give it a try... *looks at Tara Strong poster*... go away, I gotta go do stuff...
Btw it's only 30 on amazon.co.uk not to plug but bargain main reason I got it due to cheapness

It's great fun from what i've played very silly humor and so many rainbows :) Seems decent replay value if you want to buy the ridiculous costumes and unlock everything.

Gabanuka

Oct 1, 2009
Tara Strong? Really? O...k now I wont be able to by this game without hearing Timmy Turner.

Infernai said:
Noxogz said:
him over there said:
Infernai said:
Tanis said:
I've watched waaaay too many shows with Tara Strong doing the voices in it.
And now, because you demanded it:

The Blockbuster hit of the year: Nolan North and Tara Strong Are...

EVERYONE!

Coming this summer to a theater near you

And the sad part is, i actually think that it might actually be able to work as an animated feature.
Ironically featuring Steven Blum in the lead role.

With a cameo from Mark Hamill playing The Joker.

Guest star Grey Delise as sexy evil villainess

And we would allllllllll buy it. Twice.

HEY KIDS! IT'S MARK HAMILL! *applause*

Also guest starring Sean Connery and Christopher Lee as the bickering Narrators.
And now with Grey Delise as the sexy villainess.
And we would allllllllllll buy it. Twice.

John Farrell

Oct 26, 2011
The whole game is SUDA51 taking shots at how fetishized anime and video game heroines have become. He has shown us a mirror to what the ecchi-otaku have done to the mediums. Everything about Juliet is someone's ideal. That is why we get eye-candy instead of a strong female lead. Those bastards have to have more nudity, more bouncing breasts, panty shots and publishers are willing to cater to them. Characters have to have some sexual kink. Hell, look at the bios of some of the zombies you kill. This guy was a furry and this guy had 3 balls. The zombies who call Juliet stuff like whore represent those who will denounce this game as sexist because of her appearance. But in today's geek culture, not having someone like Juliet can be costly. Someone who can be sexualized.

There is a reason I don't watch much modern anime.

SnakeoilSage

Sep 20, 2011
Well 3 hours is still 2 hours and 50 minutes longer than it took me to know I hated Bayonetta.

It's funny because during your review you pretty much summed up Buffy The Vampire Slayer, but without that familiar sound of barrel scraping that came after Season 5. Less brain cancer, too.

Noxogz

Nov 7, 2011
Gabanuka said:
And now with Grey Delise as the sexy villainess.
And we would allllllllllll buy it. Twice.
And the movie starts with Ron Perlman giving us a quick reminder about war and it's changing nature and it closes with Sean Bean telling us which season of the year we should look forward to.

This movie is shaping up, I can't wait for it to come out!

AbstractStream

Feb 18, 2011
Might wait for a price drop, but I really want to pick this up.
I'm a sucker for Suda51.

Also, yay for Tara Strong!

Alterego-X

Nov 22, 2009
hydroblitz said:
Honestly, I'm with the in the "could give less than a shit" department. I am a firm believer in the concept of whatever floats your boat. I kind of have to, I watch anime and I don't want to be a hypocrite.

But I don't go online to look at pictures of ponies. I don't go to gaming sites to look at pictures of ponies. I don't go on youtube to look at videos of ponies. and yet everywhere I go I am bombarded with it! I get it, you people like a show, go watch it instead of plastering it everywhere! Is it because it is an odd thing to like? some kind of "special snowflake" instinct? I will stop being a so-called "obnoxious asshole" when I stop having to look at the hundredth crossover MLP pic THAT DAY.

I mean shit, people! I avoid things about the show because it does not interest me, yet I can name every single pony because apparently you people can't like a show without advertising it everywhere!
It's called pop culture.

If there is a game with a lead voice actor from any recent famous thing, then that thing will get referenced in the game's thread. That's how the Internet works.

Next time when you get angry at people for making a pony reference, or seeing ponies on youtube, or anywhere else, ask yourself: "If this would have been any other memetically popular show, would I still be that angry?"

If Juliet would be voiced by Emma Watson, then you would be seeing Harry Potter references in this thread. If she would be voiced by Summer Glau, then it would be Firefly jokes.

ThePS1Fan

Dec 22, 2011
dudagato said:
pffh said:
Yep that is indeed Tara Strong as the protagonist of Lolipop Chainsaw.

EDIT: And now you'll never be able to unhear Twilight Sparkle whenever you play the game, I know I couldn't.
That would explain this.

Oh, that where all those came from... OK good to know.

OT: Doesn't look to interesting to me, pass.

oathblade

Aug 16, 2009
You know if the main character was a black man who was obsessed with drumbsticks there would be an outrage. But this gets a pass for some strange reason.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
oathblade said:
You know if the main character was a black man who was obsessed with drumbsticks there would be an outrage. But this gets a pass for some strange reason.
I really don't follow your line of thinking. Could you clarify?

irishda

Dec 16, 2010
After watching Yahtzee's video, and then reading the comments to this review, I'm struck by how odd it is that some people say others are "sheep" or stupid for liking something popular, and then turn around and go "Oh my god, you kill zombies as a cheerleader with a giant chainsaw! How is that not awesome?"

MrHide-Patten

Jun 10, 2009
I would honestly give this game a go if the main characters voice wasn't grating against my ears. I don't really get into the whole MLP thing, so I cant really be sold on the whole Tara Strong connection personally.
And I don't find the lead very attractive, strangely so. Considering the context for a lot of the pictures I draw.

All in all, lackluster sounding game-play. I'll buy it off ozgameshop when it gets down to like 10 bucks.

Kermi

Elite Member
Nov 7, 2007
Mike Kayatta said:
DVS BSTrD said:
Isn't this game only about fours long to?
I have heard this rumor, but it's really closer to six or seven. Plus, it's sort of "arcade style," which is to say that it's designed to be replayed, pushing for high scores. Seems a bit unlikely that most will do that, but it's what they're going for.
I hate magical shrinking games. Happens with Call of Duty every year. It's a 7-8 hour game for an average player on a respectable difficulty, some guy boasts he beat it in 5 hours. Some other guy claims to speedrun it in 4. Suddenly the internet is all "omg, Call of Duty is only 2 hours long!!!1"

I first heard 6-7, but suddenly everyone is saying 3-4. No one is beating this game first time around in 4 hours.

antipunt said:
Oh, well whatdya know. She's barely 18...

HOW CONVENIENT amrite?

D:
Although it is convenient for marketing and design purposes, the fact that she's just come of age is actually woven into the plot. It's not exactly like those lolicon hentai manga where they have a disclaimer page that says "all the characters depicted are 18 or over *nudge nudge, wink wink*"