Lollipop Chainsaw Ships 700,000 Copies

Jan 22, 2011
Xman490 said:
Wait, there's nothing about the game not selling ENOUGH? I mean, it's no surprise that 700k is enough copies, since the game sold at $60 (maybe $40 now) and the production costs probably are not so high for such an unpolished, one-trick-and-screeching-neighs pony of a game.
Ignore my post for now... >_>

tce11

Turtle Who Lives in the Clouds
Apr 17, 2008
The game sold well because it is fun and unique, which is more than I can say for 90% of games these days. Anyone saying "I'm too mature to play a game with a girl in a skimpy outfit" is just showing how immature they are that they can't look past that. Yes, the game is overly sexualized, but it is also one of the best commentaries on gender roles I've ever seen in a game.

Littaly

Jun 26, 2008
I've always loved No More Heroes, in part because I've seen it as kind of a rip on the stereotype of the modern gamer and the kind of stuff he's into. Sort of a dumb game as a parody of dumb games, making fun of itself without being too explicit about it. But the more I see of Suda 51's recent titles and the more I hear him talk about them the more I get this creeping feeling that I may have given him too much credit ^^

(I still love No More Heroes though)

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
I wonder why...

She was used a LOT for the marketing of the game

I kid, I kid, but the difference of sales numbers between Shadows of the Damned and this is probably because of that

TrevHead

Apr 10, 2011
Isn't it great that a AAA console retail game can sell only 700k and be considered a success. I hope all this new found success doesn't go to Suda's head and he has to sell 3 mil copies because he has spent the dev money on hookers and blow.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Glad to hear it. The game did have its flaws, but it was hilariously over-the-top fun with chainsaws, rainbows, a subversive twist on the jocks-vs-geeks trope and, of course, motherfucking zombie Elvis. I thought folks would be glad to get something different in the persistent age of realistic military wank. Honestly, I believe anyone sniffing their nose at this game for being an immature boobfest hasn't given it a chance (i.e. sat down and actually played it themselves before rushing to judgement).

unstabLized

Mar 9, 2012
The game didn't apply to my taste from what I saw, but then again, I only have a PC. Still though, like others said, its good to see a game that is not serious at all. We need more free-flowing games like that.

uguito-93

This space for rent
Jul 16, 2009
I'm just glad it didnt flop horribly like Shadows of the Damned. If I remember correctly it didnt even make it past the 100 000 unit mark.

Fenra

Sep 17, 2008
TheSYLOH said:
How many of those do you suspect are bronies just buying it for Tara Strong?
*raises his hand* yup, thats one here, now granted I was curious already and seeing it for a tenner at ASDA I thought why not, but tara is a nice bonus to seal the deal

And I got what I expected to pay for, a few hours of crude humor and slashy gameplay I was left satisfied but nothing to write home about.

Captcha : Good Job

Why thank you Captcha

davion devil

Dec 17, 2009
The7Sins said:
The fact shit like this managed to sell any decent amount is disgusting and disappointing.
i have a question.

When is 700,000 world wide a popular game?

modern warfare 3 sold 9.3 million in the first day. battlefield 3 sold 5 million the first week, okay i get it those are super popular so they don't count.

starcraft 2 sold at 1.8 million first day and final fantasy xiii was 1 million the first week in japan and 1 million in USA in the first month.

I am not trying to downplay the game or its achievements all in all the game did well and im glad for that but to go all hipster on hating the game for becoming popular when it is not even a mainstream title makes you seem like an ass.

was about to call it a niche title then i remembered valkyria chronicles :(

haven't played it but it does look fun.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
i think they would sell a bit more if they would have released it for the pc as well. even when its not a great game, but it still looks like a fun game to have a good laugh.

more hot girls???!!! what ever makes them happy. still doesnt mean that it will make the game any better.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
TheSYLOH said:
How many of those do you suspect are bronies just buying it for Tara Strong?
I like her because ML:FIM.

Raven was pretty cool.