London 2056 - A CyberPunk RP [Interest thread] (Apply via PM from now on please)

Neuromancer

Endless Struggle
Legacy
Mar 16, 2012
a homeless squat
Country
None
Name: Charles Derek May

Original Name: Feargus O'Neil

Nationality: Actual Nationality: Northern Irish. "Official" Nationality: English.

Physical Appearance: 190 cm tall, thin to the point of looking malnourished. Gaunt faced, Charles looks older than he really is thanks to extensive surgery. He has synthetic black eyes and dark brown hair, a buzz cut with visible scars on his head, a nose that has been mashed, smashed, fractured and reset one too many times and looks the part, and an unkempt full beard, which makes him look like a vagrant.

He has lost his right arm up to the forearm, but has not replaced it with a prosthetic one.

He wears a black longcoat with a hoodie, some old jeans (or black pants), and battered old brown boots. The right sleeve of his longcoat has been tied into a knot. When out on the streets, he prefers to keep his hoodie on

Augmentations: Charles' brain has been extensively augmented with experimental CyCorp cyberware. His eyes are also synthetic, offering customized visual intefaces linked to his cyberware augmentations.

His eyes are, on default, in sleep mode, which basically means that they function as regular eyes. When turned on, the black color turns into an artificial bright blue and emit a glow.

Originally: Grey Hat hacker, using a White Hat front as a CyCorp computer security advisor.

Now: None.

Areas of Expertise: Hacking, street smarts.

Areas of Personal Interest: Originally: Anarchist philosophy (especially the likes of Bakunin and Kropotkin), classical literature and music (including late 20th century literature and music, especially old school rock and punk), causing trouble for governments and corporations.

Now: To rid himself of the virus infecting his augmentations

Background: Only child of his family, Feargus never met his father, who died in the war a few months after his birth. His childhood was harsh, as even with his mother's hacking skills and ability to land a job as a security advisor for various firms, wartime economy meant that they were barely making enough money to scrape by.

Things got worse as Feargus entered his teenage years, with his mother being diagnosed with a rare heart disease and the cost for the treatment being astronomically high.

With his mother bedridden and slowly dying and his chances of finding a job in the ruins of post-war Belfast non-existent, Feargus had only one real choice: learn how to hack from his mother's extensive library of books on the subject. He studied rigorously and, after around a year, he did his first job.

His jobs consisted of small stuff for rival gangs or local businesses looking for an edge over their rivals. The pay was good, depending on the job, but it was not enough to cover for his mothers' medical expenses, and so, two years after he set down the path of a black hat, Feargus' mother died from heart failure. The event left him heartbroken and extremely hateful of how society worked, wanting to do what he could to change it.

And so, Feargus used his rage at the world as a drive to become better, honing his hacking skills, doing even more risky jobs. At the aftermath of such a job, his employer set him up, having hired thugs to kill him. Though he evaded capture, his lower right hand was blown off by a stray shotgun blast, which he replaced with a cheap prosthetic one.

Due to this event, most of his contacts abandoned him, thinking him too risky to work with. And so for about a year, Feargus was forced into earning an honest living. He did the odd job here and there, but the pay was abysmal, the work conditions poor, and he received no satisfaction from it. Though he liked the stability of an honest living, he could not get over the rush of adrenaline and the satisfaction of finishing a job.

And so, he ultimately decided to return to the hacking scene. But, if he was going to go back, he needed to go to where the big fish were -if you don't go all in you may aswell not bother- and so moved to London, with the goal of utilising his hacking skills to bring down the megacorporations controlling life there.

Once in London, he rented a cheap, run down apartment, and spent a few months familiarising himself with how things worked. It was during that time that he decided that the best way for him to succeed would be to join one such corp and bring it down from the inside. Not only would working for them come with certain perks (especially in the protection department), but also a believable cover to work under and easier access to their databases. As he was thinking on how he would go about doing that, he received a message with an image of a bee, telling him to go to a certain location at a certain date and time. Curious as to what it meant, Feargus followed the instructions given to him, leading him to a restaurant.

There, he recongised an old acquaintance of his mother's. Not letting this opportunity pass, Feargus re-introduced himself to the man, who was now working at CyCorp. A few drinks and some hours of talking later, Feargus was given the chance to be interviewed for work as a freelancer at CyCorp. He passed with flying colours, and was employed.

Years passed in rapid succession, as Feargus was eventually fully employed by CyCorp and started climbing the corporate ladder. In the meantime, he would at times hack into various corporations -even CyCorp- and Government Agencies, causing them a good deal of trouble. He was at the top of his game. In a way, he felt invincible.

And what goes up, must inevitably go down. During one of his hacks at CyCorp, he, unbeknownst to him, left behind a trail.

A few days after that, he was offered a big job. CyCorp would augment him with experimental cyberware free of charge in return for his working on the development of security measures and firewalls to combat potential cyberware threats. He also received another message from Queen Bee, telling him to reject the job and go into hiding. This time, he ignored the message.

The augmentation process went as planned, and the augments made his job easier than he could ever dream. He kept his part of the bargain and helped on the development of advanced firewalls (leaving behind some loopholes he could exploit at a later date) and other software.

As he was done, though, CyCorp released a dormant computer virus implanted in his cyberware, causing sensory overload and disrupting his nervous system. The strain caused his heart to stop, and he died.

Or at least, so everyone believed.

Feargus woke up from a coma after 4 months with a scar on his chest in some derelict and seemingly abandoned apartment. A message was left next to his bed, explaining to him that Feargus O'Neil was, for all intents and purposes dead. Along with the note came his new identity: Charles Derek May.

Four months have passed since then. As a result of having to cope with the trauma of what he went through and the virus ravaging his brain constantly, Charles has turned into an alcoholic with suicidal tendencies, bereft of direction and purpose

Virus Symptoms: The virus disrupts any kind of augmentations the user may have, rendering them uncontrollable. That is why Charles has not replaced his lost arm again. Unfortunately, his eyes and brain still remain augmented. The virus seems to have random effects, sometimes causing auditory and visual hallucinations, others blurring his eyesight and even turning him temporarily blind. Thanks to the fact that his visual augmentations are, on default, on sleep mode, the symptoms aren't as severe. However, as his eye augmentations are linked to his brain ones, sometimes the virus causes them to activate through the brain, basically turning Charles' life into a living hell. Other than that, it also disrupts his nervous system, causing, for example, random parts of his body to feel numb or even painful. It also disrupts the chemical reactions happening in his brain, causing frequent mood swings, severity of which is varied.

So, lemme know if anything needs changing. The circumstances of his death and rebirth were left intentionally vague for you to "play" with

Texas Joker 52

All hail the Pun Meister!
Jun 25, 2011
Well, you've caught my interest. Expect a sheet in the next few days, most likely of a crooked corporate officer for CyCorp who has aspirations of climbing the corporate ladder... The fast-and-dirty way.

Though, I am wondering if we can introduce minor NPC's? I pictured him having a secretary/assistant who helped with his dirty work.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Texas Joker 52 said:
Well, you've caught my interest. Expect a sheet in the next few days, most likely of a crooked corporate officer for CyCorp who has aspirations of climbing the corporate ladder... The fast-and-dirty way.

Though, I am wondering if we can introduce minor NPC's? I pictured him having a secretary/assistant who helped with his dirty work.
CyCorp is finally getting some love!

I have no problem with minor NPC's being created.

Knight Captain Kerr

May 27, 2011
Hey, I think I might make a character. My idea is someone who is a Laughing Man/Wiki Leaks kind of a thing. Basically an investigative activist who tries to make the world a better place and is also an outspoken Transhumanist. So I'm wondering what the government is like. Is it still the big three Labour/Lib Dems/Conservatives with the same kind of political system or have things changed?

Also considering having the character or their sister be a Post-Op Trans person (not sure if I will or not) so would I be correct in assuming that augmentations have significantly improved the quality and reduced the difficulty of sex changes?

Evrant-Knight

An Interloper
May 5, 2010
Bristol
Country
United Kingdom
Hmm, this looks very interesting as I have already said to the GM. I'll have my sheet up in the next day or two, just got to put some finishing touches to it.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Knight Captain Kerr said:
Hey, I think I might make a character. My idea is someone who is a Laughing Man/Wiki Leaks kind of a thing. Basically an investigative activist who tries to make the world a better place and is also an outspoken Transhumanist. So I'm wondering what the government is like. Is it still the big three Labour/Lib Dems/Conservatives with the same kind of political system or have things changed?

Also considering having the character or their sister be a Post-Op Trans person (not sure if I will or not) so would I be correct in assuming that augmentations have significantly improved the quality and reduced the difficulty of sex changes?
I think it is safe to say the Liberal Democrats wouldn't still be around by then (political humour from moi? I say!). The system is more or less the same as it is now, except that the government is somewhat weaker (the Mega Corporations have a lot of sway). For the sake of the majority of people who aren't English, the government is pretty much like all English-speaking nation's governments for all intents and purposes. You won't need to know the finer details of how our nonsensical rulers work.

You'd be partially correct in regards to the second question. Human enhancement has primarily been pushed ahead due to the aftermath of war. Most technology was developed either to help recovery of wounded personnel or to make combat less bloody and has spread from there. Seeing as soldiers can suffer wounds to their sexual organs (mostly thanks to land-mines, IED's or shrapnel), surgery would have been significantly improved in regards to genital reconstruction. This advancement would of course help in regards to sex changes and such, even if that wasn't the reason for it coming about.

Although such expertise would not come easily, because augmentations/enhancement is not quite in the stage where it is cheap and available to all. Of course, if you are well connected and people owe you a few favours on the other hand...

Knight Captain Kerr

May 27, 2011
Legion said:
I think it is safe to say the Liberal Democrats wouldn't still be around by then (political humour from moi? I say!). The system is more or less the same as it is now, except that the government is somewhat weaker (the Mega Corporations have a lot of sway). For the sake of the majority of people who aren't English, the government is pretty much like all English-speaking nation's governments for all intents and purposes. You won't need to know the finer details of how our nonsensical rulers work.

You'd be partially correct in regards to the second question. Human enhancement has primarily been pushed ahead due to the aftermath of war. Most technology was developed either to help recovery of wounded personnel or to make combat less bloody and has spread from there. Seeing as soldiers can suffer wounds to their sexual organs (mostly thanks to land-mines, IED's or shrapnel), surgery would have been significantly improved in regards to genital reconstruction. This advancement would of course help in regards to sex changes and such, even if that wasn't the reason for it coming about.

Although such expertise would not come easily, because augmentations/enhancement is not quite in the stage where it is cheap and available to all. Of course, if you are well connected and people owe you a few favours on the other hand...
So a UKIP/BNP coalition hasn't taken power? Well at least the future isn't all bad.

The PC and their sister are the children of a successful East London Crime Boss, with the PC's sister being the successor to that Crime Boss so they should be able to access those connections and have the money to pay for it.

Anyway, thanks. I'll get to work on my sheet now and post it once I'm done.

Evrant-Knight

An Interloper
May 5, 2010
Bristol
Country
United Kingdom
Name: Selene Dumas
Call Sign Artemis
Nationality: Belgian

Physical Appearance:

Tall with wide shoulders, slim waist and narrow hips, a decent amount of muscle due to her years of training and exercise. Her hair is scarlet red in colour, neatly maintained and worn in a singular ponytail. A pale skin complexion helps accentuate her emerald green eyes. Appearance wise, her clothing is professional and business like, although it can slip to business casual on occasion. Always seen wearing fingerless gloves no matter the occasion.

Augmentations: None

Affiliation/Occupation: Freelance Hitman (Currently under the employ of CyCorp)

Areas of Expertise:

Due to her years of training and constant practice Selene is highly proficient in the use of many different types of firearms, though she does have a preference akimbo pistols, achieving a high level of accuracy. She is also proficient in hand to hand combat, Krav Maga in particular as it has helped develop her situational awareness skills. As her work requires a degree of discretion, Selene is competent in covert manoeuvres, parkour and means of distraction. Can speak several languages including those native to Belgium, such as French, German and Dutch.

Areas of Personal Interest:

When not on contract, Selene's stone cold exterior softens and becomes more approachable in the process. Her hobbies include reading, listening to music, meditation, cooking and the occasional bit of fencing. Whilst not a party animal as such, Selene can occasionally be found pubs and clubs enjoying a relaxing drink and watching the world pass by.

Background:

Born in 2021 in Bruges, Belgium to Philippe and Maria Dumas, the former a renowned cleaner in both Central and Western Europe, whereas her mother is talented artist; to say that Selene's life in its early years was dull would be a severe understatement. Whilst not initially expected to follow in her father's footsteps, nevertheless she took the training well, advancing through the various combat styles at a steady pace over a number of years; though she found the Krav Maga style of combat the one to be the easiest to work with, it becoming her preferred style in later life.

Selene put as much effort into her combat training as she did into her school-work, excelling in the fields of History, Literature and Foreign Languages. Before and partly during the war in the mid to late 2040's, she worked as a translator and security detail for the Belgium government; whilst not as exciting as her father's career there was still use for her talents. It was during this point in her life that she was head-hunted by an old acquaintance of her father's to work as a private security contractor. Although she did not accept the career path right away, Selene told the gentleman that she'd certainly think about it.

Skip forward a couple of years after the war to 2050 and Selene eventually decided to retire from civil service, a decision that was met with a measure of sadness, as she had provided some much needed aid. After that though she gave the private security work some thought, and after some talks with her parents, she decided to contact the gentleman listed on the card she had been given; assuming of course the man was still alive, after all, the war had been a ghastly one costing an untold number of lives. Sources say their still having trouble predicting a total number to this day.

Eventually though she managed to get through to the gentleman and agreed to work as a private security contractor (essentially a mercenary) for the various mega-corporations in England, on the condition that she at least have time off to visit her family back in Belgium each year. Currently she works for CyCorp.

Terratina.

RIP Escapist RP Board
May 24, 2012
Name: Carmen Jimenez
Nationality: Anglo-Spanish

Physical Appearance: Of average height and Hispanic descent with a muscular build, everything about Carmen says practical: from her tightly tied back brown hair to her usual wardrobe (when not wearing her police uniform) of vest tops, jeans and walking boots, there?s nothing extravagant or unnecessary. Well, apart from the glare. It only ever leaves Carmen?s face when there?s something to be gained from doing so, and she insists that she is a sufferer of BRFS (Bitchy Resting Face Syndrome). Though, there are times when that glare leaves her face to reveal a glowing smile. All in all, her appearance is fairly nondescript as she doesn?t have the time or the will to bother with things like fashion.

Augmentations: The standard fare police officers get, even lowly on the beat constables, such as video/audio augmentations, communication augmentations and one extra little something: a jammer which interferes with the video/audio augmentations? recording capability, black market of course but one has to ensure their privacy, right?

Affiliation/Occupation: The Law/Police Constable.

Areas of Expertise: Along with the standard firearms training, hand-to-hand training and training in non-lethal weapons, Constable Jimenez is notoriously street smart; years on the beat and years... doing other things have netted her with a firm knowledge of London, who to know, where to go to acquire... certain object, etc (specifically regarding the Eastern parts of London, having grown up in Hackney). In addition to this, she has a clever, level head on those shoulders, even if she is more street smart than book smart. Carmen also knows how to handle people and likes to think that she can twist ?em ?round her little finger, even if her method is a bit ham-fisted and makes liberal use of intimidation tactics.

Areas of Personal Interest: Carmen almost religiously attends fitness classes, she?s not one to idle and besides, with every Tom, Dick and Harry running around augmented up the ass and with the strict limitations on physical augmentations of police officer of her rank, she needs to find a way in order to keep up somehow. That?s Carmen in a nutshell: wanting to get ahead no matter what and opposed to augmentations in general. Other than that, she has an interest in cars, particularly fast ones and also driving fast. Carmen also blows steam by going out partying. Among her colleagues? circle, she?s regarded as ?one of the lads? and Carmen is happy to hide behind that smokescreen.

Brief Background: Growing up in Hackney in a cramped house with her mum and her three brothers (her cop father had been shot dead when she was just a baby.), Carmen learned quickly that if she ever wanted everything out of life, it was best to stamp her feet and shout loudly or be overshadowed by someone else. Her childhood was uneventful, but in her teenager years she quickly fell in with a gang - nothing major just a bunch of kids who loitered around the place, mugging anyone who turned their back on them or attacking people who objected to their loitering. Soon enough the leader of the gang, none other than her elder brother Vicente, decided that the gang was ready for the big leagues.

Carmen, on the other hand, disagreed and broke away from the gang, stating that if she was going to kill anybody, she?d rather do so with full legal justification. However, Vicente wouldn?t let her go that easily. He managed to convince her to tag along for more one little mission: stealing a bunch of tech from a rival gang. It was successful, but at a cost; many members of both gangs died that night. It was enough of an experience to drive Carmen away from gang life for good. She joined up with the police force, and was accepted there despite her criminal past or her confrontational demeanour. All signs pointed to reform. However, all was not well.

Constable Jimenez did not take the whole ?mandatory augmentations? thing well, especially the part about someone watching everything she did from cameras in her eyes. Even though Carmen was assured that there wasn?t someone watching every single little moment, her paranoia told her something else. Nevertheless, she apparently got over it, key word being ?apparently?. While everything seemed fine to her colleagues, Carmen worried, and worried and looked for answers. She found one in Larry Smith: a dirty cop Vicente bribed to look the other way back in her gangland days.

Nevertheless, the jammer device was costly. Constable Jimenez couldn?t possibly pay it off all at once so they both agreed to monthly installments. But it was a relief to be able to have some piracy. In order to pay off her debt, Carmen supplemented her outcome with bribes and once she dipped in toes in the seedy business, she couldn?t stop. Even after she?d paid off her debt. Every time she struck a deal with a criminal, a rush of adrenaline flooded through her system; every little time was a celebration of freedom from the tyranny of the machines planted in her. Being able to afford fancy cars helped too.

Hope it is satisfactory. Any problems, let me know.

Texas Joker 52

All hail the Pun Meister!
Jun 25, 2011
Well, here he is. I won't say it isn't rough, but for now I've got him mostly the way I want. If there's anything I need to change, let me know!

Name: Karl Adler

Nationality: German/English

Affiliation/Occupation: CyCorp, General Manager of CyCorp's R&D Division.

Karl is a slim, almost lanky man of just above average height, with fair skin and a clear swagger of self-importance. His face is narrow, defined by high cheekbones, a hooked nose, clever green eyes behind oval, wire-rim glasses and sharp, arching eyebrows. His hair, a sandy blonde, is usually cut short and slicked back from a high forehead, and he's rarely seen cleanly shaved, instead preferring to have a neat, pointed beard and trim mustache in a Van Dyke style. A single sterling silver stud adorns his left earlobe.

His clothes usually consist of well-tailored three-piece suits that never truly go out of fashion, occasionally accompanied by a long overcoat and a colorful scarf whenever the London weather gets too cold for his liking. When he happens to be working, his suits are a monochrome black with a white undershirt and red tie.

His casual wear, if it could be called that, usually consist of whatever suit he happened to be wearing, with the jacket taken off and the sleeves rolled up.

Being a man who prefers to keep his body as close to natural as possible, Karl's Augmentations are few: His eyes have been enhanced to the point where his vision is perfect, as well as able to be magnified several times, depending on his need. The glasses he wears are purely an affectation, and a holdover from his childhood.

Besides that, both of his arms from the shoulder are cybernetic, though from all appearances they look perfectly organic, being one of the newer models that CyCorp manufactures. The only advantages his cybernetic arms have is that they are generally stronger as well as more durable than organic, and both hide a long, retractable blade in the forearm that can extend from the heel of either hand on a whim. The blades were a more recent, black-market addition, and Karl took great care to make sure there were no records of them.

Otherwise, Karl likes to boast that his body is exactly as God gave him.

If there's anything Karl has in excess, it would be business sense, ambition and, one could argue, style. This means that he's a man who knows what he wants, and will use all of his charm and cunning to get it: If smooth talking doesn't work, he'll try trickery, and if that doesn't seem to cut it, then he has other, shadier methods, up to and including cold-blooded murder.

Besides his charm and wit's, he's a rather shrewd accountant, having dabbled in some modest embezzling while working for CyCorp, and has some very minor experience in hacking, though he much prefers to manipulate people as opposed to machines. He's also a rather skilled knife fighter, and those skills didn't take much to adapt to his new, hidden weapons. Firearms, however, are outside his expertise.

Outside of that, he's a talented amateur at cooking, something he dabbles in to impress whatever lady he happens to be seeing at the time.

Karl, being a man of wealth and taste who appreciates the finer things in life, is also a man of ambition, with his heart's desire being the position of CyCorp's CEO, an endeavor that he has pursued for the entirety of his career with them, having worked his way to General Manager of R&D honestly, and lately has started to use more shady methods to get what he wants.

And he isn't limited to simply wanting the power and money, but the prestige, connections, and of course, beautiful women. He's become known as something of a Casanova in that regard, though he has a policy of only seeing one woman at a time, and always ending their relationship on as amicable terms as possible.

Karl is also a man of culture, being fluent in German and English, and his tastes tend to lean more toward the old-fashioned, being a fan of Jazz, Big Band and other such outdated music. He will outright deny the guilty pleasure of liking classic metal though.

Karl is the result of a wealthy German heir's holiday 'indiscretion' with a British soldier while in England, one of his father's many acts of rebellion in his youth. When he found out that he had gotten her pregnant while she had been on leave, he decided to do what he felt was the right thing, and try and work things out with her.

The result was a short, uncomfortable marriage, a messy divorce, and Karl.

His childhood, while his parents were trying to be together, was far more hectic and unruly than it was after their divorce, which included split custody, meaning that half of each year was spent in either suburban England, or the cities of Germany. What this meant was his education was varied, but hardly incomplete, and that he saw life from both sides of the poverty line. As it turned out, to no one's surprise, he preferred the life of wealth that his father, Oliver Adler, had. But even that didn't seem to have enough. So he concocted a plan halfway through Secondary School, that he would work his way through the ladder of a successful business until he had his life of class and comfort.

As he grew up, he learned to use his advantage of being a child to manipulate his father's household staff, usually charming them into giving him little treats or favors until he had each of them wrapped around one of his fingers. Being able to charm others was a talent that served him well as he got older, well into his enrollment into Brighton Business School in England.

He graduated with honors, and didn't waste time in sending several applications to a variety of minor cybernetics companies, working his way through middle management before being snatched up by progressively larger corporations. It took him eight years, but his plan started to come to fruition when he applied for a position in CyCorp, and given his sterling resume, he was accepted.

His climb only stalled when he earned his place as the General Manager of Research and Development, and while the position had a few intriguing benefits, including a soft-spoken personal assistant by the name of Violet Dryden, it wasn't enough for him. So, since he had hit a wall using more honest means of getting to the top of the corporate ladder, he felt that was the time to use more shady methods.

He started by dabbling in embezzling, something that he felt was generally trivial, but useful in the long run, particularly since he learned that Violet was not only a very capable assistant, but also a valuable resource when given a paycheck supplemented with a discrete, but sizable, bonus. Over the next few years, he slowly but surely put pieces into place: Gathering evidence for blackmail, maneuvering himself into being a man of critical importance in the corporate hierarchy, and getting a pair of cybernetic arms with some 'aftermarket' upgrades.

As soon as he had everything in place, he sat and waited, looking for the opportune moment to start eliminating the obstacles in his rise to power. It wouldn't take long.

Violet Dryden is a mystery to most, including her nominal employer, Karl. Best described as a sedately attractive black woman with a quiet voice who seems to embody professionalism and reliability. In fact, she is one of the main reasons why Karl's preparations for his takeover of CyCorp have gone as smoothly and quietly as they have.

Not once has she ever spoken about herself while working for Karl, despite numerous attempts to get to know her, including several deflected advances. Each and every time, she would politely apologize before smoothly segueing into whatever happened to be the matter at hand. As a result, Karl maintains a completely professional relationship with her, not only respecting her, but coming to trust her enough to include her in all of his shadier business dealings as well.

At the same time, he has no idea what motivates her, or even if she happens to be truly loyal to him or not. However, for the time being, she's been a valuable partner-in-crime, so he's decided to keep her included for as long as it continues to work out.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Evrant said:
Name: Selene Dumas
Nationality: Belgian

Physical Appearance:

Tall with wide shoulders, slim waist and narrow hips, a decent amount of muscle due to her years of training and exercise. Her hair is scarlet red in colour, neatly maintained and worn in a singular ponytail. A pale skin complexion helps accentuate her emerald green eyes. Appearance wise, her clothing is professional and business like, although it can slip to business casual on occasion. Always seen wearing fingerless gloves no matter the occasion.

Augmentations: None

Affiliation/Occupation: Freelance Hitman (Currently under the employ of CyCorp)

Areas of Expertise:

Due to her years of training and constant practice Selene is highly proficient in the use of many different types of firearms, though she does have a preference akimbo pistols, achieving a high level of accuracy. She is also proficient in hand to hand combat, Krav Maga in particular as it has helped develop her situational awareness skills. As her work requires a degree of discretion, Selene is competent in covert manoeuvres, parkour and means of distraction. Can speak several languages including those native to Belgium, such as French, German and Dutch.

When not on contract, Selene's stone cold exterior softens and becomes more approachable in the process. Her hobbies include reading, listening to music, meditation, cooking and the occasional bit of fencing. Whilst not a party animal as such, Selene can occasionally be found pubs and clubs enjoying a relaxing drink and watching the world pass by.

Background:

Born in 2021 in Bruges, Belgium to Philippe and Maria Dumas, the former a renowned cleaner in both Central and Western Europe, whereas her mother is talented artist; to say that Selene's life in its early years was dull would be a severe understatement. Whilst not initially expected to follow in her father's footsteps, nevertheless she took the training well, advancing through the various combat styles at a steady pace over a number of years; though she found the Krav Maga style of combat the one to be the easiest to work with, it becoming her preferred style in later life.

Selene put as much effort into her combat training as she did into her school-work, excelling in the fields of History, Literature and Foreign Languages. Before and partly during the war in the mid to late 2040's, she worked as a translator and security detail for the Belgium government; whilst not as exciting as her father's career there was still use for her talents. It was during this point in her life that she was head-hunted by an old acquaintance of her father's to work as a private security contractor. Although she did not accept the career path right away, Selene told the gentleman that she'd certainly think about it.

Skip forward a couple of years after the war to 2050 and Selene eventually decided to retire from civil service, a decision that was met with a measure of sadness, as she had provided some much needed aid. After that though she gave the private security work some thought, and after some talks with her parents, she decided to contact the gentleman listed on the card she had been given; assuming of course the man was still alive, after all, the war had been a ghastly one costing an untold number of lives. Sources say their still having trouble predicting a total number to this day.

Eventually though she managed to get through to the gentleman and agreed to work as a private security contractor (essentially a mercenary) for the various mega-corporations in England, on the condition that she at least have time off to visit her family back in Belgium each year. Currently she works for CyCorp.
Terratina. said:
Name: Carmen Jimenez
Nationality: Anglo-Spanish

Physical Appearance: Of average height and Hispanic descent with a muscular build, everything about Carmen says practical: from her tightly tied back brown hair to her usual wardrobe (when not wearing her police uniform) of vest tops, jeans and walking boots, there?s nothing extravagant or unnecessary. Well, apart from the glare. It only ever leaves Carmen?s face when there?s something to be gained from doing so, and she insists that she is a sufferer of BRFS (Bitchy Resting Face Syndrome). Though, there are times when that glare leaves her face to reveal a glowing smile. All in all, her appearance is fairly nondescript as she doesn?t have the time or the will to bother with things like fashion.

Augmentations: The standard fare police officers get, even lowly on the beat constables, such as video/audio augmentations, communication augmentations and one extra little something: a jammer which interferes with the video/audio augmentations? recording capability, black market of course but one has to ensure their privacy, right?

Affiliation/Occupation: The Law/Police Constable.

Areas of Expertise: Along with the standard firearms training, hand-to-hand training and training in non-lethal weapons, Constable Jimenez is notoriously street smart; years on the beat and years... doing other things have netted her with a firm knowledge of London, who to know, where to go to acquire... certain object, etc (specifically regarding the Eastern parts of London, having grown up in Hackney). In addition to this, she has a clever, level head on those shoulders, even if she is more street smart than book smart. Carmen also knows how to handle people and likes to think that she can twist ?em ?round her little finger, even if her method is a bit ham-fisted and makes liberal use of intimidation tactics.

Areas of Personal Interest: Carmen almost religiously attends fitness classes, she?s not one to idle and besides, with every Tom, Dick and Harry running around augmented up the ass and with the strict limitations on physical augmentations of police officer of her rank, she needs to find a way in order to keep up somehow. That?s Carmen in a nutshell: wanting to get ahead no matter what and opposed to augmentations in general. Other than that, she has an interest in cars, particularly fast ones and also driving fast. Carmen also blows steam by going out partying. Among her colleagues? circle, she?s regarded as ?one of the lads? and Carmen is happy to hide behind that smokescreen.

Brief Background: Growing up in Hackney in a cramped house with her mum and her three brothers (her cop father had been shot dead when she was just a baby.), Carmen learned quickly that if she ever wanted everything out of life, it was best to stamp her feet and shout loudly or be overshadowed by someone else. Her childhood was uneventful, but in her teenager years she quickly fell in with a gang - nothing major just a bunch of kids who loitered around the place, mugging anyone who turned their back on them or attacking people who objected to their loitering. Soon enough the leader of the gang, none other than her elder brother Vicente, decided that the gang was ready for the big leagues.

Carmen, on the other hand, disagreed and broke away from the gang, stating that if she was going to kill anybody, she?d rather do so with full legal justification. However, Vicente wouldn?t let her go that easily. He managed to convince her to tag along for more one little mission: stealing a bunch of tech from a rival gang. It was successful, but at a cost; many members of both gangs died that night. It was enough of an experience to drive Carmen away from gang life for good. She joined up with the police force, and was accepted there despite her criminal past or her confrontational demeanour. All signs pointed to reform. However, all was not well.

Constable Jimenez did not take the whole ?mandatory augmentations? thing well, especially the part about someone watching everything she did from cameras in her eyes. Even though Carmen was assured that there wasn?t someone watching every single little moment, her paranoia told her something else. Nevertheless, she apparently got over it, key word being ?apparently?. While everything seemed fine to her colleagues, Carmen worried, and worried and looked for answers. She found one in Larry Smith: a dirty cop Vicente bribed to look the other way back in her gangland days.

Nevertheless, the jammer device was costly. Constable Jimenez couldn?t possibly pay it off all at once so they both agreed to monthly installments. But it was a relief to be able to have some piracy. In order to pay off her debt, Carmen supplemented her outcome with bribes and once she dipped in toes in the seedy business, she couldn?t stop. Even after she?d paid off her debt. Every time she struck a deal with a criminal, a rush of adrenaline flooded through her system; every little time was a celebration of freedom from the tyranny of the machines planted in her. Being able to afford fancy cars helped too.

Hope it is satisfactory. Any problems, let me know.
Texas Joker 52 said:
Well, here he is. I won't say it isn't rough, but for now I've got him mostly the way I want. If there's anything I need to change, let me know!

Name: Karl Adler

Nationality: German/English

Affiliation/Occupation: CyCorp, General Manager of CyCorp's R&D Division.

Karl is a slim, almost lanky man of just above average height, with fair skin and a clear swagger of self-importance. His face is narrow, defined by high cheekbones, a hooked nose, clever green eyes behind oval, wire-rim glasses and sharp, arching eyebrows. His hair, a sandy blonde, is usually cut short and slicked back from a high forehead, and he's rarely seen cleanly shaved, instead preferring to have a neat, pointed beard and trim mustache in a Van Dyke style. A single sterling silver stud adorns his left earlobe.

His clothes usually consist of well-tailored three-piece suits that never truly go out of fashion, occasionally accompanied by a long overcoat and a colorful scarf whenever the London weather gets too cold for his liking. When he happens to be working, his suits are a monochrome black with a white undershirt and red tie.

His casual wear, if it could be called that, usually consist of whatever suit he happened to be wearing, with the jacket taken off and the sleeves rolled up.

Being a man who prefers to keep his body as close to natural as possible, Karl's Augmentations are few: His eyes have been enhanced to the point where his vision is perfect, as well as able to be magnified several times, depending on his need. The glasses he wears are purely an affectation, and a holdover from his childhood.

Besides that, both of his arms from the shoulder are cybernetic, though from all appearances they look perfectly organic, being one of the newer models that CyCorp manufactures. The only advantages his cybernetic arms have is that they are generally stronger as well as more durable than organic, and both hide a long, retractable blade in the forearm that can extend from the heel of either hand on a whim. The blades were a more recent, black-market addition, and Karl took great care to make sure there were no records of them.

Otherwise, Karl likes to boast that his body is exactly as God gave him.

If there's anything Karl has in excess, it would be business sense, ambition and, one could argue, style. This means that he's a man who knows what he wants, and will use all of his charm and cunning to get it: If smooth talking doesn't work, he'll try trickery, and if that doesn't seem to cut it, then he has other, shadier methods, up to and including cold-blooded murder.

Besides his charm and wit's, he's a rather shrewd accountant, having dabbled in some modest embezzling while working for CyCorp, and has some very minor experience in hacking, though he much prefers to manipulate people as opposed to machines. He's also a rather skilled knife fighter, and those skills didn't take much to adapt to his new, hidden weapons. Firearms, however, are outside his expertise.

Outside of that, he's a talented amateur at cooking, something he dabbles in to impress whatever lady he happens to be seeing at the time.

Karl, being a man of wealth and taste who appreciates the finer things in life, is also a man of ambition, with his heart's desire being the position of CyCorp's CEO, an endeavor that he has pursued for the entirety of his career with them, having worked his way to General Manager of R&D honestly, and lately has started to use more shady methods to get what he wants.

And he isn't limited to simply wanting the power and money, but the prestige, connections, and of course, beautiful women. He's become known as something of a Casanova in that regard, though he has a policy of only seeing one woman at a time, and always ending their relationship on as amicable terms as possible.

Karl is also a man of culture, being fluent in German and English, and his tastes tend to lean more toward the old-fashioned, being a fan of Jazz, Big Band and other such outdated music. He will outright deny the guilty pleasure of liking classic metal though.

Karl is the result of a wealthy German heir's holiday 'indiscretion' with a British soldier while in England, one of his father's many acts of rebellion in his youth. When he found out that he had gotten her pregnant while she had been on leave, he decided to do what he felt was the right thing, and try and work things out with her.

The result was a short, uncomfortable marriage, a messy divorce, and Karl.

His childhood, while his parents were trying to be together, was far more hectic and unruly than it was after their divorce, which included split custody, meaning that half of each year was spent in either suburban England, or the cities of Germany. What this meant was his education was varied, but hardly incomplete, and that he saw life from both sides of the poverty line. As it turned out, to no one's surprise, he preferred the life of wealth that his father, Oliver Adler, had. But even that didn't seem to have enough. So he concocted a plan halfway through Secondary School, that he would work his way through the ladder of a successful business until he had his life of class and comfort.

As he grew up, he learned to use his advantage of being a child to manipulate his father's household staff, usually charming them into giving him little treats or favors until he had each of them wrapped around one of his fingers. Being able to charm others was a talent that served him well as he got older, well into his enrollment into Brighton Business School in England.

He graduated with honors, and didn't waste time in sending several applications to a variety of minor cybernetics companies, working his way through middle management before being snatched up by progressively larger corporations. It took him eight years, but his plan started to come to fruition when he applied for a position in CyCorp, and given his sterling resume, he was accepted.

His climb only stalled when he earned his place as the General Manager of Research and Development, and while the position had a few intriguing benefits, including a soft-spoken personal assistant by the name of Violet Dryden, it wasn't enough for him. So, since he had hit a wall using more honest means of getting to the top of the corporate ladder, he felt that was the time to use more shady methods.

He started by dabbling in embezzling, something that he felt was generally trivial, but useful in the long run, particularly since he learned that Violet was not only a very capable assistant, but also a valuable resource when given a paycheck supplemented with a discrete, but sizable, bonus. Over the next few years, he slowly but surely put pieces into place: Gathering evidence for blackmail, maneuvering himself into being a man of critical importance in the corporate hierarchy, and getting a pair of cybernetic arms with some 'aftermarket' upgrades.

As soon as he had everything in place, he sat and waited, looking for the opportune moment to start eliminating the obstacles in his rise to power. It wouldn't take long.

Violet Dryden is a mystery to most, including her nominal employer, Karl. Best described as a sedately attractive black woman with a quiet voice who seems to embody professionalism and reliability. In fact, she is one of the main reasons why Karl's preparations for his takeover of CyCorp have gone as smoothly and quietly as they have.

Not once has she ever spoken about herself while working for Karl, despite numerous attempts to get to know her, including several deflected advances. Each and every time, she would politely apologize before smoothly segueing into whatever happened to be the matter at hand. As a result, Karl maintains a completely professional relationship with her, not only respecting her, but coming to trust her enough to include her in all of his shadier business dealings as well.

At the same time, he has no idea what motivates her, or even if she happens to be truly loyal to him or not. However, for the time being, she's been a valuable partner-in-crime, so he's decided to keep her included for as long as it continues to work out.
They're all fine.

Announcement incoming shortly.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Elfgore said:
CRAVE CASE 55 said:
Seeing as we have enough people, I would like to start the RP as soon as possible. So if you would like to join from the very beginning I will need your sheets within 24 hours or so. Later than that is fine, but you would then need to wait for the first update before joining. As there are 11 confirmed players so far as well as it being Christmas/New Year soon, I could not say exactly when that might be.

You will also need to do 1 and 3 below when you have the time please.

Knife-28 said:
TheIronRuler said:
FalloutJack said:
Drummodino said:
CrazyGirl17 said:
Voidrunner said:
Generic NPC 22 said:
Neuromancer said:
Evrant said:
Terratina. said:
Texas Joker 52 said:
To the rest of you I now need three things.

1) If you have not already then please join the group for the RP. Everybody who has submitted a sheet should have an invite, but here is a link anyway. The group will be where I post all notifications of updates and where we can discuss out of character stuff etc.

2) If there are any changes you would like to make to your character then please do so as soon as possible. I will be copy and pasting them into the RP thread as a reference for the other players.

3) I am going to do brief introductions of each character into the story with the opening post of the RP. If there is any specific location or scenario you would like your character to begin in then please PM me. Otherwise I will go with somewhere or something appropriate for the character based upon their job, interests and such.

2 and 3 I would ideally need within 24 hours as well. That way as soon as all of the sheets are in I can start writing up the introductions and begin the RP.

Generic NPC 22 said:
Your original submission seems to be a good introduction for the character, would you be happy for me to use that in your case?

Knight Captain Kerr

May 27, 2011
Right, here's my sheet.
Name: Ira Soni. Online Pseudonym: Whistler.

Nationality: English

Physical Appearance (including typical casual clothing): Ira is clearly of Indian descent. He is clean shaven with messy neck length black hair, brown eyes and olive skin. Rather androgynous looking. Average height and build, he's healthy but hardly an athlete.

Usually seen wearing a beige cargo jacket, grey long-sleeved t-shirt, blue jeans and black boots.

Augmentations (if applicable): Augmented Eyes and General Computing: Ira has augmented eyes which allow him to see in night vision, record video and audio and displays augmented reality. Has augmentations related to his eyes which act as a general computer/PDA. Can make calls, send email and text, access the internet, make notes, watch video and listen to audio, act as a secretary to set reminders, display maps and directions in augmented reality, etc. It's a lot like Google Glass.

While these are the only augmentations he currently has Ira is all for getting more and eagerly anticipates what will be developed in the future.

Affiliation/Occupation (if applicable): Last year started a website known as The Whistler Report, the name is a reference to the idea of whistleblowing. Mainly posts his own musings but also reveals corruption in business and government.

Areas of Expertise (if applicable):
Investigation: Has an MA in Journalism from University of Edinburgh. Ira particularly focused on investigative journalism. He's quite talented at performing investigations, he's perceptive, inquisitive and able to put things together.

Persuasion: Ira can be quite a persuasive person, able to convince people to tell him what he wants and to sway them to his point of view.

Computers and Lockpicking: He may not be a master hacker but Ira does have skills and knows his way around a computer. He also has some experience picking locks, he was able to learn due to the environment he grew up in. He can take care of basic locks but complicated ones are likely out of his league. Both skills have proved useful at getting at things people don't want him to get at.

Transhumanism: Ira supports the idea of Transhumanism, using science and technology to improve the human condition. He is quite vocal in his support of doing so but also keeps in mind ethical concerns. He hopes technology can improve everyone's well-being, not just a privileged elite.

Political Activism: Ira is sceptical of government and corporate officials, believing they only really care about themselves and not the people at large. He tries to help people mainly by exposing corruption to the world.

Cycling: The main way Ira gets around the city is using a bicycle. He's experienced at cycling and quite fond of it.

Various Media: Ira, like many people enjoys various forms of media such as television, film, books, video games and music.

Brief Background:

Ira's father was Dev Soni, The Spice King of London. Born in 1995 he started his own gang in 2017 known as the Spicers, Dev named the gang somewhat jokingly as a reference to his Indian background but also because with the drug trade was as profitable as the spice trade once was. The gang started out as small time drug dealers but grew over time and Dev, as leader of the Spicers, became known as the Spice King of London.

Dev's wife was named Katrina and the couple had two children, Savita and Ira. Savita is three years older than Ira. Both children were raised in wealth, wealth that has stuck with them since. Savita was always more interested in running the family business than Ira who didn't want anything to do with it and while he was fine accepting money his distanced himself from that life and took an interest in journalism. He went to the University of Edinburgh to study journalism. Two, now almost three years ago, shortly after receiving his master's degree and returning to London, Dev and Katrina were murdered by unknown assailants while traveling home. Savita and Ira received a significant financial inheritance and Savita became the new leader of the Spicers.

Ira was never overly attached to his sex, he didn't really care what sex he was and would be fine as either. Savita however, who was born biologically male identified strongly as female. Ira and Katrina both accepted her but Dev had more, outdated views, saying he didn't want a 'sissy' inheriting his empire. However following Dev's death Savita didn't care what he wanted anymore, she inherited her father's position and using her wealth and contacts began transitioning. Today, unless you were told so you probably wouldn't know that the Spice Queen of London was born biologically male.

So far it doesn't seem Savita minds Ira's lack of involvement in the family business, possibly because she doesn't want anyone competing for leadership, although Ira knows that it is possible she'll call on him in the future. While the pair don't talk much they don't dislike each other. Savita is concerned about her brother's well-being and for his 24th birthday gifted him a .38 Revolver along with 24 bullets in a combination lockbox in case he ever needs to defend himself.

Last year Ira, using the pseudonym Whistler established a website known as The Whistler Report. He did so after an acquaintance of his who worked for the charity 'Within Reach' who fund augmentations for disabled people told him that the account books didn't seem to be adding up and that when he told his boss his was fired, the boss blamed his incompetence However Ira's acquaintance was sure he hadn't gotten it wrong. Ira investigated and found the head of the charity had been syphoning fund to his own account. Ira established The Whistler Report under the pseudonym Whistler to protect his own identity and published this information. The story became national news and the charity's founder was disgraced.

Since then Ira has mainly used the website for his own musings but has done more work. Something he didn't publish online was helping a family who were being threatened with eviction after they fell behind on rent because they became indebted paying for private heart surgery to give their son an augmented heart to save his life. Ira snooped around and found the landlord was having cheating on his husband, Ira blackmailed the landlord saying he would reveal the details of the affair if he evicted the family. The landlord complied and the family remain in their home. Then a month ago he revealed that a local MP had been involved in covering up a hit and run 5 years ago which resulted in the death of the man hit. He leaked the CCTV footage the MP had thought destroyed which showed her hitting the man, getting out and seeing he wasn't moving before getting back in the car and driving off. The MP resigned and it looks like she'll soon be facing a prison sentence. Currently Ira isn't investigating anything and while The Whistler Report may be a small name people are beginning to take notice.

I'm fine with you making the character introduction for Ira.

Neuromancer

Endless Struggle
Legacy
Mar 16, 2012
a homeless squat
Country
None
Legion said:
3) I am going to do brief introductions of each character into the story with the opening post of the RP. If there is any specific location or scenario you would like your character to begin in then please PM me. Otherwise I will go with somewhere or something appropriate for the character based upon their job, interests and such.
If you would prefer, I could write Charles' introduction. Just PM me what you have in mind and I'll work on it.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Right, here's my sheet.

Name: Ira Soni. Online Pseudonym: Whistler.

Nationality: English

Physical Appearance (including typical casual clothing): Ira is clearly of Indian descent. He is clean shaven with messy neck length black hair, brown eyes and olive skin. Rather androgynous looking. Average height and build, he's healthy but hardly an athlete.

Usually seen wearing a beige cargo jacket, grey long-sleeved t-shirt, blue jeans and black boots.

Augmentations (if applicable): Augmented Eyes and General Computing: Ira has augmented eyes which allow him to see in night vision, record video and audio and displays augmented reality. Has augmentations related to his eyes which act as a general computer/PDA. Can make calls, send email and text, access the internet, make notes, watch video and listen to audio, act as a secretary to set reminders, display maps and directions in augmented reality, etc. It's a lot like Google Glass.

While these are the only augmentations he currently has Ira is all for getting more and eagerly anticipates what will be developed in the future.

Affiliation/Occupation (if applicable): Last year started a website known as The Whistler Report, the name is a reference to the idea of whistleblowing. Mainly posts his own musings but also reveals corruption in business and government.

Areas of Expertise (if applicable):
Investigation: Has an MA in Journalism from University of Edinburgh. Ira particularly focused on investigative journalism. He's quite talented at performing investigations, he's perceptive, inquisitive and able to put things together.

Persuasion: Ira can be quite a persuasive person, able to convince people to tell him what he wants and to sway them to his point of view.

Computers and Lockpicking: He may not be a master hacker but Ira does have skills and knows his way around a computer. He also has some experience picking locks, he was able to learn due to the environment he grew up in. He can take care of basic locks but complicated ones are likely out of his league. Both skills have proved useful at getting at things people don't want him to get at.

Transhumanism: Ira supports the idea of Transhumanism, using science and technology to improve the human condition. He is quite vocal in his support of doing so but also keeps in mind ethical concerns. He hopes technology can improve everyone's well-being, not just a privileged elite.

Political Activism: Ira is sceptical of government and corporate officials, believing they only really care about themselves and not the people at large. He tries to help people mainly by exposing corruption to the world.

Cycling: The main way Ira gets around the city is using a bicycle. He's experienced at cycling and quite fond of it.

Various Media: Ira, like many people enjoys various forms of media such as television, film, books, video games and music.

Brief Background:

Ira's father was Dev Soni, The Spice King of London. Born in 1995 he started his own gang in 2017 known as the Spicers, Dev named the gang somewhat jokingly as a reference to his Indian background but also because with the drug trade was as profitable as the spice trade once was. The gang started out as small time drug dealers but grew over time and Dev, as leader of the Spicers, became known as the Spice King of London.

Dev's wife was named Katrina and the couple had two children, Savita and Ira. Savita is three years older than Ira. Both children were raised in wealth, wealth that has stuck with them since. Savita was always more interested in running the family business than Ira who didn't want anything to do with it and while he was fine accepting money his distanced himself from that life and took an interest in journalism. He went to the University of Edinburgh to study journalism. Two, now almost three years ago, shortly after receiving his master's degree and returning to London, Dev and Katrina were murdered by unknown assailants while traveling home. Savita and Ira received a significant financial inheritance and Savita became the new leader of the Spicers.

Ira was never overly attached to his sex, he didn't really care what sex he was and would be fine as either. Savita however, who was born biologically male identified strongly as female. Ira and Katrina both accepted her but Dev had more, outdated views, saying he didn't want a 'sissy' inheriting his empire. However following Dev's death Savita didn't care what he wanted anymore, she inherited her father's position and using her wealth and contacts began transitioning. Today, unless you were told so you probably wouldn't know that the Spice Queen of London was born biologically male.

So far it doesn't seem Savita minds Ira's lack of involvement in the family business, possibly because she doesn't want anyone competing for leadership, although Ira knows that it is possible she'll call on him in the future. While the pair don't talk much they don't dislike each other. Savita is concerned about her brother's well-being and for his 24th birthday gifted him a .38 Revolver along with 24 bullets in a combination lockbox in case he ever needs to defend himself.

Last year Ira, using the pseudonym Whistler established a website known as The Whistler Report. He did so after an acquaintance of his who worked for the charity 'Within Reach' who fund augmentations for disabled people told him that the account books didn't seem to be adding up and that when he told his boss his was fired, the boss blamed his incompetence However Ira's acquaintance was sure he hadn't gotten it wrong. Ira investigated and found the head of the charity had been syphoning fund to his own account. Ira established The Whistler Report under the pseudonym Whistler to protect his own identity and published this information. The story became national news and the charity's founder was disgraced.

Since then Ira has mainly used the website for his own musings but has done more work. Something he didn't publish online was helping a family who were being threatened with eviction after they fell behind on rent because they became indebted paying for private heart surgery to give their son an augmented heart to save his life. Ira snooped around and found the landlord was having cheating on his husband, Ira blackmailed the landlord saying he would reveal the details of the affair if he evicted the family. The landlord complied and the family remain in their home. Then a month ago he revealed that a local MP had been involved in covering up a hit and run 5 years ago which resulted in the death of the man hit. He leaked the CCTV footage the MP had thought destroyed which showed her hitting the man, getting out and seeing he wasn't moving before getting back in the car and driving off. The MP resigned and it looks like she'll soon be facing a prison sentence. Currently Ira isn't investigating anything and while The Whistler Report may be a small name people are beginning to take notice.

I'm fine with you making the character introduction for Ira.
Thanks for the sheet, I see you have joined the group already too, so you're good to go. If you have any changes in the meantime, then feel free to add them. I won't be copying them over until I have all applications in.

Neuromancer said:
Legion said:
If you would prefer, I could write Charles' introduction. Just PM me what you have in mind and I'll work on it.
Given your characters "relationship" with Bee, I have an idea for an intro I'd like to try out instead if I may. Unless people have something very specific they really want for their beginning, I think it'd be a nice surprise for people to not know quite what will happen.

Neuromancer

Endless Struggle
Legacy
Mar 16, 2012
a homeless squat
Country
None
Legion said:
Given your characters "relationship" with Bee, I have an idea for an intro I'd like to try out instead if I may. Unless people have something very specific they really want for their beginning, I think it'd be a nice surprise for people to not know quite what will happen.
Oh, certainly. I have no problem you doing the intro. Was mostly volunteering to take some of the work off your hands.