Looking for a good RTS game

Baker86

Mar 12, 2008
I currently have:
Sins Of A Solar Empire

Downloading:
Star Wars:Empire At War
Warhammer 40,000:Dawn Of War Soulstorm

Just wanted to know of any other good ones I should get.

Blandotaco

May 10, 2008
Thumbs up on DOW: Soulstorm, but you should get the complete set.

Other then that... I guess StarCraft or Supreme Commander.

amonduulII

Apr 25, 2008
company of heroes and coh: opposing forces, fallout 1 & 2, medieval total war 1 and 2, rome: total war, command and conquer red alert 2, world in conflict, blitzrieg, jagged alliance 2. this list will get you started and then some....

Fozziedave

Nov 14, 2007
I'd personally suggest all of Dawn of War except for Soulstorm. It's easily the weakest expansion of the lot.

Warcraft 3 is still pretty good a worth a look as is Company of Heroes.

hippo24

Apr 29, 2008
the DAWN of WAR series is top notch i haven't played soulstorm but the other 2 expansion packs were really well balanced and a shit load of fun to play online

EnzoHonda

Mar 5, 2008
Any of the Total War games are great. Rome is my favourite because it runs well even on lesser machines and the setting is great. The Total War games don't have a story in the sense that many games do. Warcraft III and Age of Empires III really have specific stories, and very specific battle lay-outs that lead you along the way. Total War lets you decide where you concentrate your troops and what cities you'll attack and when. Plus, tatics count a lot more than numbers.

Sib

Dec 22, 2007
Universe at War I enjoy (rts fans dont hit me plz), any of the Age of Empires games and if you can find a copy Empire Earth 1 (not 2 or 3!)

Strafe Mcgee

Jan 25, 2008
Perimeter is awesome if you're looking for something a wee bit different from your strategy games. Much more interesting than traditional build base, mine resource, blow shit out of the enemy. I hear Age Of Legends is meant to be very good as well.

random9qz

May 11, 2008
Starcraft all the way, and you already have EaW (don't get Forces of Corruption, it's not that good)

Anarchemitis

Dec 23, 2007
Homeworld 2. It's a bit complex, so download the demo before buying it. (If you can find it. :/ )

BasicMojo07

May 5, 2008
Since I'm a Blizzard fanboy, I'd recommend StarCraft, for its sheer awesomeness factor, and WarCraft III, because of the versatility of the World Editor and the number of custom maps already on the market.

Joeshie

Oct 9, 2007
I hope by downloading you mean through digital distribution...

Anyways, other good ones are Company of Heroes, Starcraft, Supreme Commander, etc.

Ultrajoe

Omnichairman
Apr 24, 2008
dawn of war

because you cannot turtle against a competent foe, its dynamic, fast and with a slew of different races and different play styles you can field a range of different strategies and ploys, because you use squads not individual units you can command a coherent battlefield and you need to to play well, its a game unforgiving to the slow however, and you need to attack to win, a turtle may foil a bot, but not a human with decent experience.

that said, its also beautiful like a gold plated cheerleader in lingerie.

ok, scrap the gold plating... and the lingerie.

awesome

P.S: each race must be played differently also, which makes for interesting team matches.

Scypemonk

Proud TBB Warrior
Sep 26, 2007
Company of Heroes is defenitly one you should try out, as is Dawn of War.

Age of empires 2 is old, but its great gameplay more than makes up for it.

Other than that, i don't know, Stronghold Crusader was great for me, but maybe thats an accuired taste, you could also try out Starcraft.

VoiceOfReason

May 11, 2008
Starcraft is a must! Command and Conquer 3 is also a wonderful game. The new expansion came out as well, and it just made it better.

Starcraft II Is coming out soon I hope. Blizzard needs to stop paying so much attention to WoW and get on the better of the two.

RYjet911

May 11, 2008
I would suggest either Command and Conquer: Tiberium Sun, Command and Conquer: Red Alert 2, Age of Empires 2: Age of Kings (And the expansion because then you don't get the kickass Teutons).

In fact, I'd recommend any other CnC game (Except for Renegades since that isn't an RTS) and any of the Total War games too.

Lightbulb

Oct 28, 2007
Depends:

Do you like C&C style - gather - build - fight = SupCom Forged Alliance

DoW style - hold control points - build - fight = Company of Heroes (or DoW)

Ground Control Spent points and instantly deploy - Fight = World in Conflict (i would go for this one best RTS i've played in YEARS)

Strategic Total War style - Strategy Map - Fight battles with forces in the area (I prefer Shogun for its purity but Medieval 2 is supposed to be good).

Fire Daemon

Quoth the Daemon
Dec 18, 2007
Maybe Warcraft 3 if you like WoW. If you don't like building stuff then you should get Warhammer Mark of Chaos. Or if you have an Xbox and don't like building stuff get Kingdom Under Fire Crusaders/Heroes.

The one good console RTS.