Looks like that Devil May Cry animated series is still coming out

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
In a recent interview with the outlet Tech Raptor, Adi Shankar gave a major update on Devil May Cry, stating how far along the creative team is in the process of bringing the series to life:

"All the season one scripts are done. I collaborated with a very talented writer named Alex Larson on the scripts. The scripts are rad and I wanted to execute them in a manner that would make my fellow DMC fans proud. Again, this was developed by a DMC fan for DMC fans, that was the ethos of this project. Production should start at the beginning of next year."
https://comicbook.com/anime/news/devil-may-cry-netflix-anime-producer-adi-shankar-update/

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
It’s weird how Trish isn’t confirmed yet.
Considering they are adapting DMC 3 first, it does not surprise me. They probably want to wait before they start confirming and revealing stuff. As long as there's no Patty, I don't care. Hopefully, we can get Lucia for later seasons.

Reactions: Fallen Soldier

Fallen Soldier

Brother Lombax
Oct 28, 2021
Country
United States
Considering they are adapting DMC 3 first, it does not surprise me. They probably want to wait before they start confirming and revealing stuff. As long as there's no Patty, I don't care. Hopefully, we can get Lucia for later seasons.
Patty wasn’t needed in the first animated series. Can’t believe she got referenced in DMC5.

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
I've seen more love for Lucia than I ever expected in recent years given how infamous DMC 2 is.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I've seen more love for Lucia than I ever expected in recent years given how infamous DMC 2 is.
The love for Lucia was always there, it just got overshadowed by DMC2 hate at the time. What didn't help matters was that during the early YouTube days where everyone was copying AVGN, the hatred of the game went in even harder. Lucia, I admit that I was somewhat indifferent towards at the time, but I didn't exactly hate her or dislike her.

Fallen Soldier

Brother Lombax
Oct 28, 2021
Country
United States
I actually like DMC 2 and Lucia was pretty cool to play as. Ashame she hasn’t appeared since 2. Not even a mention by Dante in DMC5.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I actually like DMC 2 and Lucia was pretty cool to play as. Ashame she hasn’t appeared since 2. Not even a mention by Dante in DMC5.
The best you are going to get is a prequel light novel that takes place before 5. Dante and Lucia meet up again, and explains how he got the weapons set Balrog.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Okay I hate to be the one person to ask this, but is there a reason we seem to be pretending this is the first one of these? There was a Devil May Cry anime done before. Admittedly it was A) back in 2007, B) only a 12 episode limited series and C) frankly not very good. I know that because I owned it and the show blue balled you hardcore on Devil Trigger.

But I mean it did happen. So there actually is a baseline for this new one to be measured against apart from the games.

See, I'm not crazy!

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Okay I hate to be the one person to ask this, but is there a reason we seem to be pretending this is the first one of these? There was a Devil May Cry anime done before. Admittedly it was A) back in 2007, B) only a 12 episode limited series and C) frankly not very good. I know that because I owned it and the show blue balled you hardcore on Devil Trigger.

But I mean it did happen. So there actually is a baseline for this new one to be measured against apart from the games.
No one is pretending anything; definitely not me. We all know the DMC anime sucked, and was this weird gaiden story with a little girl no one was asking for. Patty is no Chris Thorndyke, but I find her annoying and unnecessary. The only good thing about the 2007 anime is knowing how Trish and Lady met. Other than that, the show is tedious slog overall, with only a few standout moments here and there.

The reason why I everyone is reasonably excited is due to it being done by the same people who did Castlevania (2017). They already have a good pedigree, and most of us put are trust in them. If and when this show does well, it will be another step forward for game to movie adaptions.

Last edited: