Looks like that Devil May Cry animated series is still coming out

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Lucia (DMC): "I haven't been in the series since DMC 2. Capcom has forgotten me! Does it hate readheads?"

Regina: "First time?"

Lucia (RE): "Wait, are you TAKING NOTES?!"

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
Lucia (DMC): "I haven't been in the series since DMC 2. Capcom has forgotten me! Does it hate readheads?"

Regina: "First time?"

Lucia (DMC): "Wait, are you TAKING NOTES?!"
Who's Regina?

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
No one is pretending anything; definitely not me. We all know the DMC anime sucked, and was this weird gaiden story with a little girl no one was asking for. Patty is no Chris Thorndyke, but I find her annoying and unnecessary. The only good thing about the 2007 anime is knowing how Trish and Lady met. Other than that, the show is tedious slog overall, with only a few standout moments here and there..

The reason why I everyone is reasonably excited is due to it being done by the same people who did Castlevania (2017). They already have a good pedigree, and most of us put are trust in them. If and when this show does well, it will be another step forward for game to movie adaptions.
I thought the show was ok. Not the best but it had some good stuff in it. Frankly, considering it was an animated series created during the 2000s (a much worse time for video game adaptations than the 90s or 2010s) I think it could have turned out worse.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Who's Regina?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I thought the show was ok. Not the best but it had some good stuff in it. Frankly, considering it was an animated series created during the 2000s (a much worse time for video game adaptations than the 90s or 2010s) I think it could have turned out worse.
The DMC anime is better than the live-action REs or Sonic X, but that is really not much of a milestone. You know what anime based off of video games from the 2000s are better than DMC anime? Viewtiful Joe and Digimon (they are base off of Tomagotchi stlye games first). ViewtifulJoe felt like a true adaption of a video game series. That anime hit all of the right notes and had proper representation of what and who Joe and Silvia are. While the DMC anime was done by guy that barely knew or didn't give much of a shit about the character. It sucks that VJ never got the second season dubbed in the states, but I did watch a subs version when I was 18, and at least that show did not have wet fart of an ending.

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
The DMC anime is better than the live-action REs or Sonic X, but that is really not much of a milestone. You know what anime based off of video games from the 2000s are better than DMC anime? Viewtiful Joe and Digimon (they are base off of Tomagotchi stlye games first). ViewtifulJoe felt like a true adaption of a video game series. That anime hit all of the right notes and had proper representation of what and who Joe and Silvia are. While the DMC anime was done by guy that barely knew or didn't give much of a shit about the character. It sucks that VJ never got the second season dubbed in the states, but I did watch a subs version when I was 18, and at least that show did not have wet fart of an ending.
Oh yeah, I keep forgetting that Digimon started out as a game first. I was introduced to the franchise through the anime and have only played one game (Rumble Arena).

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Here's more about the project. I'm not surprised that the relationship between him and Warren Ellis turns sour. Ellis is a known douchebag and he's no longer on the production. Best of luck to Shankar. Though I won't be interested in a PUBG tv series.

Reactions: Dalisclock