Loot The Past in Old School Runescape

Bvenged

Sep 4, 2009
Ahhh, that takes me back to my adolescent memories... Back when I started secondary-school and couldn't wait to get home and play that game every day with friends.

Ain't gonna play it now, though. I've moved on to bigger and better things. It was cool before, but now I have no appeal to play it except for a little nostalgia.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
Oh man, Runescape!

I sunk sooo many hours into this game back in the day! It's about the only MMO I've ever been able to stick with for any amount of time. Huh, go figure.

MPerce

May 29, 2011
I actually owe this game some thanks...it taught me that I have no interest in MMOs. Saved me a lot of money when all my friends were trying to convince me to get a WoW account.

So thanks for that, Runescape!

IanDavis

Blue Blaze Irregular 1st Class
Aug 18, 2012
martyrdrebel27 said:
the cake was a spy? dude, how could you get that wrong? did you also take an arrow in your tea?
Yeah, it would helped if I had sited my source there. The example later on, however is a different story. I'll talk to my secretary about it.

martyrdrebel27

Feb 16, 2009
IanDavis said:
martyrdrebel27 said:
the cake was a spy? dude, how could you get that wrong? did you also take an arrow in your tea?
Yeah, it would helped if I had sited my source there. The example later on, however is a different story. I'll talk to my secretary about it.
argh! now you're just doing this on purpose! you're trolling me! it would HAVE helped if you CITED not sited! i concede that my ignorance to that particular permutation of the famed meme warranted some playful jabs, but I can't handle this attack on my psyche. RAGEGASM!

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
IanDavis said:
Runescape launched in 2001 and was free-to-play before it was cool. For better or worse, it was the first MMO experience many gamers ever had.
Tibia was a mmo launched in january 1997 and was free-to-play before everyone else did it. in fact it was the first MMO. yes, the first MMO ever (except text based ones) was free-to-play. so yeah, runescape was late to the boat.

And a 2007 version of runescape, ah, probably the only version that was playable. the way it is now its strange they didnt go bancrupt yet. then again tibia has been drowning in its own puss since 2008 as well and its still alive. so, can i dig back my old account for that version?

chadachada123

Jan 17, 2011
Strazdas said:
IanDavis said:
Runescape launched in 2001 and was free-to-play before it was cool. For better or worse, it was the first MMO experience many gamers ever had.
And a 2007 version of runescape, ah, probably the only version that was playable. the way it is now its strange they didnt go bancrupt yet. then again tibia has been drowning in its own puss since 2008 as well and its still alive. so, can i dig back my old account for that version?
My thoughts exactly. I stopped being a member right about the middle/end of 2007, right before they really messed with the core formula: Getting rid of full item drop upon death (minus 1-3 items, of course), getting rid of the Wild, getting rid of the FREAKING ECONOMY (mostly).

It was such an addictive time sink that I might just try out it out again. If I can use my old account, even better.

Ideologically, Jagex deserves my money for making the smart decision to bring back the best version. That said, I'm also a bit lazy.

Still, like others, Runescape was my first MMO, and made it far easier to not get addicted to other, more expensive MMOs like World of Warcraft (overhyped shit, in other words).

Grabehn

Sep 22, 2012
I basically learned to speak english with this fuckin game, I spent so much time back then until I just stopped, and when I felt like trying it awgain a while ago, it had changed into a not so good engine that couldn't handle so many people and NPCs on screen and made it look like a slide show.