Lord of the Rings Online Coming To Consoles?

G1eet

Mar 25, 2009
oliveira8 said:
Urg...Leave MMO's in the PC were they work...were you can patch them free....

If LotR gets released for the 360, the 360 users will probably never see a free patch...

I still wonder what Valve had to give in return to Cthulhu so he would made the L4D DLC be free for the Xbox 360...

A mighty sacrifice no doubt.
And did they say when, exactly, the dlc will come out?

oliveira8

Feb 2, 2009
G1eet said:
oliveira8 said:

If LotR gets released for the 360, the 360 users will probably never see a free patch...

I still wonder what Valve had to give in return to Cthulhu so he would made the L4D DLC be free for the Xbox 360...

21st of April.

G1eet

Mar 25, 2009
oliveira8 said:
G1eet said:
oliveira8 said:

21st of April.

Thanks

DRADIS C0ntact

Mar 26, 2009
Eldritch Warlord said:
DRADIS C0ntact said:
Wait...what exactly do you mean by free to play? It just dawned on me that there are two subscriptions at stake here. Xbox Live and LOTRO. Does Turbine want it to be completely free to play, as in you only need a silver Live account and you won't be charge a monthly fee for the game itself? Or do they only want it to be free to play in the sense that you won't need an Xbox Live gold account, but you'll still have to pay Turbine a monthly fee?
Or perhaps they mean the most sensible and logical way in that online play will have no additional cost over the ability to play online (Gold account, no subscription fee).
This is an MMO, so I don't see how that would work unless they overhaul the game to a micro-transaction system. That might work, I suppose. They could charge for each content update, as well as offer items for purchase.

I hope they don't go down that road though. I hate micro-transaction MMO's.

Meado

Apr 27, 2008
DRADIS C0ntact said:
These rumors have been circulating for well over a year on the LOTRO forums. If it's true, I'll play it. But Turbine regularly releases large free content updates in-between expansion packs. The keyword there being free. Not sure how that would go over well with Microsoft.
It has to be free. Without the new content, the game won't work properly. But if we're already paying for the subscription, I think it's illegal to charge extra for the new stuff. That's like paying for a train ticket, then having the driver stop the thing mid journey and demanding 20 quid.

sheic99

Oct 15, 2008
Meado said:
DRADIS C0ntact said:
These rumors have been circulating for well over a year on the LOTRO forums. If it's true, I'll play it. But Turbine regularly releases large free content updates in-between expansion packs. The keyword there being free. Not sure how that would go over well with Microsoft.
It has to be free. Without the new content, the game won't work properly. But if we're already paying for the subscription, I think it's illegal to charge extra for the new stuff. That's like paying for a train ticket, then having the driver stop the thing mid journey and demanding 20 quid.
Just look at all the map packs. They'll give free patches, but not new content.