Lost in Spaaace! (RP Thread)

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Doom needs Yoghurt, Badly
Dec 12, 2009
"Ask the A.I. if it can set up a Radio link with HQ, We need Evac and Bombs to finish this ship off, Lest the Martians get their hands on the Specs." David said to Capek as he finished his Drink and kicked the can across the floor.
"If's it's General Weapons Inc. that Answers, Tell them David West wants to talk to them..."

Athol

Sep 15, 2010
"Oi, Eli over here, good job with the reactor, real nice of you to make sure we don't all die"

?Ah, you must be Markus.? He said, shaking the suited hand. "How's your E.V.A. training? I want to go outside and have a look at our Nav. Array, and hopefully get it online so we can tell where the fuck we are." Standing there Eli ran through what he knew about Mr. Law...which was unfortunately not much.

When he had started with the Aurora Project, Eli was one of the leads on the design of the ship, and Marcus would've been just another body there to help the project along. And now he's probably got a higher security clearance than me. He though bitterly. After his brothers attack on the Capeks and the subsequent investigation, he'd found that while he had been kept on board because of his knowledge of the ship he was pretty much at the bottom of the pile now.

"Ask the A.I. if it can set up a Radio link with HQ, We need Evac. and bombs to finish this ship off, lest the Martians get their hands on the Specs. If's it's General Weapons Inc. that Answers, Tell them David West wants to talk to them..."

Eli sighed, and smiled ruefully. "I wouldn't get your hopes up David. I'm not the best with astro navigation, but I know enough to know that we are probably well outside our own system with how long we where in FTL. We're just lucky that blind jump didn't slam us into a star or something."

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Dec 12, 2009
"I wouldn't get your hopes up David. I'm not the best with astro navigation, but I know enough to know that we are probably well outside our own system with how long we where in FTL. We're just lucky that blind jump didn't slam us into a star or something."

"I know, I know, just we have to try and reach Command, not only to save ourselves but to prevent the reverse engineering of this ship." David answered as he checked his Magnum out of habit.

hiei82

Dire DM (+2 HD and a rend attack
Aug 10, 2011
[b/]"I know, I know, just we have to try and reach Command, not only to save ourselves but to prevent the reverse engineering of this ship."[/b] David said, Coke-7 still in hand

"He's right" Iskierka added. "Even if the odds of successful connection are slim, we do need to try and make contact with home." she finished saying to Eli before turning her attention to David. "However, I do think we should wait until the external sensors are repaired first. I'd rather not broadcast our location if we are too close to an enemy ship or base." she concluded, before going to one of the vending machines and grabbing herself a coffee.

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Dec 12, 2009
"However, I do think we should wait until the external sensors are repaired first. I'd rather not broadcast our location if we are too close to an enemy ship or base."

"That shouldn't be a problem, As Eli said, we are well out of Martian Range, the question is are we still in Earth Range..."
Then David remembered something.
"Wait...did anyone pass by the Wreak Room on their way here?" He asked the group.

terribleyetfun

Jan 9, 2009
Marcus shrugged in response "eh it was alright, not too hard, not too easy, just right" Marcus knew all about Eli, more specifically he knew all about his family, he hated the Martians for putting him through what happened on the Melody but honestly he knew Eli wasn't associated with the Martians, or at least not to the point where any evidence could be turned up and even if he was Marcus had a gut feeling that Eli wouldn't have assisted with attacking the Aurora, it was his ship, he designed it, he put his heart and soul into it, there's no way he would want it destroyed.

"Right probably just a busted relay or something and then after that we have to sort out our supplies, although that might be a job better suited for somebody else. The closest Mooring station could be a long ways away so we have to start devising a system for rationing supplies as soon as we can" Marcus replied. "oh and if we're going outside I'm going to need to grab a new oxygen tank mine nearly ran out when I woke up to find the room I was in had just been transformed into a balcony, good view though" Marcus chuckled softly at his own joke trying his best to make light of the situation.

BeerTent

Resident Furry Pimp
May 8, 2011
The AI appeared to look around from her large monitor, ensuring that everyone was in the room before she spoke. "I have detected that all surviving crew has found their way to the Mess Hall. Iskierka, I believe an approximate of 7 members of crew are alive, as well as one non-human life form in personnel." She stated. Her face and voice was still cold and expressionless, but there was a hint of sadness. "It appears to be trapped in Security officer Torelli's room."

"Emergency Protocol 'Bastion' has been activated. This protocol was entered in by Acclimate with a 0.0032 per cent chance of use. Emergency Protocol 'Bastion' is only be used if I have detected that there is a 88% chance or higher that we have left the Sol Solar System. You may override my conclusion if you wish after I have explained how I have come to this conclusion. At approximately 4:15:28, The Aurora engaged in evasive maneuvers after detecting a StarKiller Class Torpedo Signal Lock. StarKillers are typically designed with enough payload to destroy the old Ceres Station."

"At approximately 4:15:37 I advised Command that we should consider FTL flight as an attempt of escape. Due to data corruption, I am unable to explain my stance. At approximately 4:16:42, Command engaged FTL flight. At approximately 4:16:42, The SS Aurora lost power, and I was shut down."

The AI looked down, as if she had done something wrong. "I do not know how long FTL Flight was engaged. Please be aware that in order to get to the Outreach Space Station orbiting Neptune, it takes approximately 0.8 seconds. My scans indicate that we are in the solar system, but the time difference and inconsistencies I have detected indicates that it is not Sol."

The AI then looked up. It was now time for user input. "That is my reasoning for activating the Emergency Protocol 'Bastion.' You may all have level Zero access to override me activating Emergency Protocol 'Bastion,' as well as to ask me inquiries and for advice. It will also ultimately be your decision wither or not to place the ship in S.O.S. Mode, and place ourselves in a state of distress to ask for assistance. West, I am unable to find any signals in known encrypted channels, but so far, I have found one message on a non-standard channel. May I also take a moment to request that you do not litter in the Mess Hall."

Finally, the AI had completed her long rant. She took a mute deep breath. "Please take a moment an ask any inquiries. I have a total of 8 Ship-wide danger notices."

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Dec 12, 2009
Heh, Half the Ship is a wreak and she worries about litter...
"A.I.: 2 questions, 1. What is in Torelli's Room, 2. Can you play the Message?" David asked as he picked up the can and lobbed it into a nearby bin.

hiei82

Aug 10, 2011
[b/]"A.I.: 2 questions, 1. What is in Torelli's Room, 2. Can you play the Message?"[/b] David asked, already taking the initiative. Of course, Iskierka had her own questions. "Codex: after answering David's questions, could you please list the 8 ship-wide danger notices and any associated recommendations to rectify them." she added.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Ace listened to the A.I. and the others. He wasn't needed and frankly Ace liked it that way. He would let the others do the work while he watched and followed. He was a musician anyway, what could he do? Play a tune to make the others feel better? Even though most of their chatter went through one ear and came out the other, one thing that interested him was the 'life form' trapped in Torelli's room. The chance of an alien intruder that slipped through while they were travelling FTL was slim but possible. Of course this was just Ace running wild with his imagination; he really knew that it was going to be some kind animal. It could even be a plant.

Ace was glad he wasn't dwelling on his survival anymore. He was regaining his confidence that he would make it out, even if they weren't in Sol. Faith in strangers Ace...faith in strangers.

Sigma Castell

Elite Member
Sep 10, 2011
" The way I see it, there is no chance of rescue. It took us years to build one working FTL drive, and even if they did manage to build another before we all die, Earth has no idea where we are. Our best chance of survivaal is to cease our pointless floating and get the ship moving. It is possible we will encounter a friendly alien race who will offer us shelter. Or maybe we'll kill each other within a week." Johann sighed, again taking out his hip flask. "False hope of contacting 'Command' will get us nowhere, Law"

BeerTent

Resident Furry Pimp
May 8, 2011
The AI looked down toward David. "My scans are not operating at optimal capacity in personnel. The creature is approximately 1 foot tall." She replied to the first question. Her face moved aside to display a small waveform window for the upcoming message. "This, is what I was able to Decipher, West. Please remain quiet while the audio is playing."

The signal seemed to have a lot of static, and was barely understandable, even if it was in the English language. "Ssorresrs... Woscr uis... Umdmuvm..." was all that could be made out. The voice was low, almost harsh sounding. "The signal is audio only and analogue. There is no meta-data stored in an analogue signal."

The AI appeared to step forward, but the 'window' containing the audio file remained opened behind her, showing that she would keep it open in case anyone had any more questions about it. Her attention turned to Iskierka.

"The 8 Ship-Wide emergency protocols are as follows, Iskierka. Extreme Danger: Carbon Scrubber Damage. An Estimated 834 hours of clean oxygen remaining until it is repaired. Engineering should be able to remove, and replace the damaged components. If the components are not found, then it is possible to replace the filters until assistance has arrived. Extreme Danger: Reactor vents severely damaged. While Scans indicate that some Radiation leaks has been repaired, We are still leaking some radiation into open space. I have adjusted the Vents after disengaging FTL Flight so that radiation is vented away from the ship. As of right now, there are no known recommendations for repairs. I will closely monitor cooling of the Reactor to ensure that they remain in optimal levels."

"Extreme Danger: Shield System Damaged. Shield Maximum Capacity is now at 5%. Shields must remain in a lower level until the radiation leaks are repaired, however, Half of Shields sub-systems has been destroyed in the attack. Mooring required. Extreme Danger: Water Systems are damaged. Please conserve water. Hydrophonics will continue to get enough water to keep plants alive. Please repair all damaged piped and moor to resupply on fresh, clean water. Danger: Endurium fuel levels at 12%. We may not have enough for another FTL jump. Mooring and refueling is required."

"Danger: Engines are not running at optimal levels. Minor on-ship repairs required, as Engines appear to be operating at 84%. Caution: Ammunition levels at 8%. Mooring and resupply required. Caution: Ship Sensors are severly damaged. I am only able to scan in parts of the ship at an optimal level, but I am unable to scan outside the ship below optimal levels. I cannot automatically provide my findings. Spot-repairs required throughout the entirety of the functioning ship. End log, Iskierka."

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Dec 12, 2009
David listened to the message.
"That...doesn't sound human..." He mumbled, while it was most likely a cat or something in Torelli's room, but now the uncertainly wouldn't go away.
[small][sub]They're coming out of the god-damn walls...[/sub][/small]

Extreme Danger: Carbon Scrubber Damage. An Estimated 834 hours of clean oxygen remaining until it is repaired.
"834 hours?... that's...around...34 Days..." He grimly said after.
He slowly grabbed his head and started to silently curse to himself.

Athol

Sep 15, 2010
As Codex gave a more detailed damage report, Eli closed his eyes to listen. All in all that's not as bad as I'd initially feared. He thought. Now we're just fucked, instead of totally fucked. Opening his eyes, he looked to the nearest monitor.

"Okay, Codex send the repair droids to fix the water systems, and could you highlight the locations of known engine faults on my HUD? I'll get to them ASAP. Once the droids have patched the water, have them start on the battle damage. I know we lack supplies for full repairs so concentrate on anything structurally compromising, and if necessary cannibalize non-structural components from the Planetary Assault bays...not like we need'em now."

Rubbing the heel of his hand into his tired eyes, he let out a groan. "Well Marcus my plans've changed a bit. How 'bout you go fix our air supply so we don't choke, and I'll see about the array? After that, we'll see what we can do with the engines."

hiei82

Aug 10, 2011
Iskierka considered the problems and frowned. Most of the problems were only major in the long-term or to military effectiveness. Given how they didn't seem to be under attack, the later of these seemed poised to be relegated to the end of the end of the list.

Of greater concern were the problems related to air supply, water supply, radiation, and to a lesser extent fuel. They currently had a month's supply of air - but a bit of bad luck and a hole to vacuum could cut that in half. People could only survive so long without water, and their ability to grow food was likewise at risk. They would need more fuel at some point, if only to keep the air-filters, water pumps, heaters, and lights on. All of these systems were easy enough to fix however - only requiring the parts and resources to maintain - nothing much she could do aside from the grunt work.

The radiation however, she might be able to help with. Drawing on her knowledge base from her failed anti-matter experiments, she knew of a few simple tools she might be able to make that would come in handy. "I'll see what I can do about the radiation. I might be able to jury-rig a radiation sponge - maybe get us close enough to the radiation leaks to patch them. I'll need to find some super-dense materials though." she offered, ready to do something productive. she turned to the A.I. and made her next inquiry. "Codex: any ideas where we can get the parts we need to fix the air systems or heavy metals for a radioactive material filter?"

Sigma Castell

Elite Member
Sep 10, 2011
Johann observed his crewmates. He knew he wouldn't be any use to the scientist, and the engineers didnt need an extra pair of hands. There was only one thing left for him to do. "You" he said, pointing at David and Ace, "What are your names?"

Right Hook

May 29, 2011
Jake got up from the table and looked towards the AI "Can you scan for organics if they are dead? Or at least a list of how many people were on the ship before the jump? It's something I don't really want to think about but we will need to gather our dead at some point, hopefully get them in somewhere for cold storage." Jake walked towards the door of the Mess Hall. "And if we are done here, I'm heading to my room momentarily."

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Dec 12, 2009
David eye'd up a Map on the Wall and traced it from the Mess Hall to the Wreak Room.
"What are your names?"
"David West, Security Detail...Right...Well, I need to get something from the Arcade, I'll be back in a while..." He said before spinning his Revolver and heading out of the hall.

BeerTent

Resident Furry Pimp
May 8, 2011
"Eli," The AI started with the engineer. "I have received the command, however, I am having difficulty accessing the relevant personality data for Fabrication. I will attempt to replace the pipes to the best of my ability. However, I must leave the re-purposing of non-functional hardware to you, or allow you to assess a component's usefulness before I am able to break it down. I cannot take anything apart that could be vital to your survival. I have successfully usurped control of 36 Repair robots throughout the ship."

She would pause for a moment before Eli received an email on his PDA. "Map schematics sent for minor spot-welding jobs. Mooring required for major repairs."

Iskierka was next in line. "Science officer Iskierka. In the planetary Drop bays, there are some components for shielding, as part of the new base was to use a small nuclear reactor. You may be able to use some shielding. Danger! Please use a full anti-radiation suit before entering the Reactor Vent subsystem. Our Reactor has been downgraded to a Mark-3 ED reactor. Our goal is to ensure that it becomes a Mark 2 EB once again. I will be the operator to ensure that the Reactor does not overload."

The AI's attention now turned toward Jake as he was heading for the exit. "Due to the condition of my scanners, I am unable to effectively find all who may be Killed In Action. Before the jump, we have a skeleton crew of approximately 250 crew. I have reason to believe that 182 members are Missing in Action. I will continue to work to the best of my ability to locate crew who have been Killed in Action."

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
"What are your names?" Johann said, but Ace didn't pay any attention to him at first. He was too busy thinking about his escape and since no one seemed to pay any attention to him up until now the last thing he expected was someone talking to him. It was only when he noticed that David was introducing himself that he realized that the question had been aimed at him too. He tried not to look too confused, "Ace Jefferson, musician." While a part of him didn't want to be used for labour, another part told him that it would make his escape faster. He liked the sound of that. "If you need me for anything, hit me."