Lou Reed Getting Death Threats Over Metallica Album

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Stop being so damn immature. Yes it's nothing like what they did before but they probably don't know anything about Lou Reed before Metallica. He has some good songs plus he collaborated with the Gorillaz and I like him for that.

Having said that, I AM THE TABLE!!!!!!
[sub]Megadeth, keep doing your thing :)[/sub]

silenticecream

Nov 3, 2011
godofallu said:
hiks89 said:
godofallu said:
I haven't listened to it yet. That said this scares me. Metallica is easily one of the greatest bands of all time. That they could create something that isn't even a passable listen doesn't make sense to me.
Load?
Load is a great CD. Seriously great.

What you don't like the Outlaw torn? Hero of the day? Thorn Within?
These songs. And only these songs. As awesome as they are, they do not compensate for what else lurks within.

Psycho Goose

Nov 2, 2011
"I don't have any fans left. After (1975 album) Metal Machine Music, they all fled. Who cares? I'm essentially in this for the fun of it."
So, basically... Haters gonna hate?

It does make me kinda sad that the Metallica fans here are behaving like stereotypical metal fans--violent and angry and stupid. I know metal fans who aren't this way (hell, I don't know any who are), and am kinda pissed that these sorts of idiots make the rest look bad.

I mean, I doubt it's a good album anyway, but geez. Lighten up.

UrieHusky

Sep 16, 2011
Scizophrenic Llama said:

That preview has been out for over a month and I would say it's worth criticizing the hell out of.

That doesn't make death threats right though.
Please... PLEASE tell me that this is fake T_T his voice.. it's like sand paper on my ear drums
Yeah I wont be getting this album, but like you I can't see why anyone would wanna kill him over it

Supramaan

Aug 16, 2011
Well you people seem to have some facts wrong its not a new metallica album it is a calabration between metallica and lou reed and its called lulu. Metallica should be bringing out a new metallica album hopfully late 2012. anyways i thought it was funny when i herd about the death threats but people are stupid and thats what they do. personaly iv herd 1 song from the album and it sounds shit as.

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Scizophrenic Llama said:
Gmans uncle said:
And I thought people where above this kind of pre-judging by now, silly me.

That preview has been out for over a month and I would say it's worth criticizing the hell out of.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I got linked to it a while back and thought it was pretty awful. The death threats are just weird, though.

Headdrivehardscrew

Aug 22, 2011
Scizophrenic Llama said:
Gmans uncle said:
And I thought people where above this kind of pre-judging by now, silly me.

I tried to evade it for a while now. This instant, I decided to press play. Well. I love Metallica up to ....And Justice For All. I do like Lou Reed's old stuff.

St. Anger was so badly mixed, it sounded as if I'd recorded 128kbps MP3's with a microphone. In my bathroom. There was just no way to make it sound great. Not on the home rig, not over headphones, not in the car. This here... from the concept of it, I thought it couldn't possibly be worse than, say, Sepultura's A-Lex. Maybe not as overwhelming as, say, Mastodon's concept album work.

What it reminds me of, right now, spontaneously, though is none of the above. It sounds a bit like angry philosophical dwarf music. Henry Rollins, maybe. So... yeah, at the moment I feel a bit unhappy about it.

ACman

Apr 21, 2011
Hmm. People getting defensive over perceived changes to products that they enjoy.... Remind me to:

Nerf the stats on your favorite class/weapon/spell in (Insert RPG of choice here.)
Change the hair-color of a beloved protagonist in a well regarded series.
Turn your favorite isometric tactical wargame into a FPS.

Muwhahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
hiks89 said:
i dont know why all the metallica fans are pissed off, metallica is allready dead they cannot get any worse...and i am a fan
We thought it couldn't get worse, then Reed came along and helped them dig another 6 feet down.
I'm just waiting for them to get 50 Cent on board and start on an expedition to the center of the earth.

WeAreStevo

Sep 22, 2011
hiks89 said:
godofallu said:
I haven't listened to it yet. That said this scares me. Metallica is easily one of the greatest bands of all time. That they could create something that isn't even a passable listen doesn't make sense to me.
Load?
Re-load?

Metallica has been shit since "...And Justice For All" IMO

I remember I was the biggest Metallica fan until I ran down to the store and purchased "Load" the day it came out. I promptly broke the CD and sold my albums.

Jamie McLaughlin

Nov 5, 2011
Never been a Metallica fan. It's not some "I'm so methulz and kvlt" thing either (even though, yes, I am). It's Hetfield's horrible vocals, mostly. Mostly.

Sucks that Lou Reed is doing this shit. Velvet Underground was an amazing band. He's done fucked up.

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
People seem to send death threats over anything these days.

I received four this morning because I forgot to brush my teeth

Metallica have sucked for quite some time now, it shouldn't be a new revelation. The fans should realise that the album was still Metallica's, not Lou Reeds.

ScreamingNinja

Apr 12, 2011
Nawh, this shit is awesome. I'm a Metallica fan from ages ago. And seriously? I AM THE TABLE.. Is pure comedy gold. :D

Then again, I like pretty much everything Metallica's put out there. *Shrug* I'm like the Word Bearers. Loyality to what I like is in m'veins!

SonicKoala

The Night Zombie
Sep 8, 2009
I'm not trying to be a troll here, but....have you heard some of the stuff they have on "Lulu"? It's almost surreal how bad it is. That being said, death threats are ridiculous, regardless of whether or not they're serious.

In any case, after I heard "The View" for the first time (or as much of it as I could stand), I went and listened to these two songs, just so I could be reminded of the fact that both Lou Reed and Metallica (more specifically, James Hetfield and Lars Ulrich) are capable of making amazing music.

Biek

Mar 5, 2008
I like both Lou Reed and Metallica. But its like saying I like both milk and coke: they dont mix.

Anthony Wells

May 28, 2011
Biek said:
I like both Lou Reed and Metallica. But its like saying I like both milk and coke: they dont mix.

if you are saying coca cola.... than yeah they mix quite well and are one of the best cures for an upset stomach..if you are talking about the drug i couldnt tell you

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
Metal fans are a hardcore, manly and bearded bunch. Death threats are one of their primary means of communication.

varulfic

Jul 12, 2008
Death threats? Bad form, dudes. Why can't you just make snide comments on the internet like normal people?

... lulu sucks.