Louis C.K Heads Humble Comedy Bundle

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Louis C.K Heads Humble Comedy Bundle

Louis C.K heads an assortment of comedians selling videos and podcasts of their shows for charity.

The Humble Bundle, which was once known as the Humble Indie Bundle, is best known for selling a collection of videogames in a "pay what you want" bundle, where you can chose exactly where your money goes. After raising a cool $10 Million with the latest Humble Origin Bundle [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/126854-Humble-Bundle-Teams-Up-With-Origin], the Humble Bundle team have decided to take a break from videogames to bring us laughter.

Louis "free upvotes on Reddit" C.K heads an assortment of comedians that are selling videos and podcasts of their comedy acts in the name of charity. Jim Norton's Please be Offended, Hannibal Buress' My Name is Hannibal, Tig Notaro's Live and Maria Bamford's The Special Special Special are the acts available for as little as one cent. If you pay above the average (which is currently sitting at $8.72), you'll receive Louis C.K's Live at the Beacon Theater along with Patrice O'Neal's Unreleased and Mr. P.

As always, you can chose for your money to go only to the artists, only to the charities (this time it's the Electronic Frontier Foundation and Child's Play), only to the Humble Bundle team or a mixture of the three.

In addition to DRM-free downloads of audio and video files, The Humble Bundle team are also providing high-quality streams of all of the videos.

Will you guys be getting this one? Personally, I've never been that big of a fan of Louis C.K, although I have seen Maria Bamford a few times and she is pretty fantastic.

Source: Humble Bundle [https://www.humblebundle.com/]

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Seems to be more aimed at US-Audience this time rather worldwide. Let's be honest, who outside of the states even heard of these guys? I surely didn't. Instead, I know of people like Micheal Mittermeyer, Dieter Nuhr and Oliver Kalkofe. Anybody outside of Germany, Swiss and Austria heard of THEM? Doubt it.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
That presentation video really wasnt funny but the line-up doesnt look bad, still weird that its at 8$.

And even though I understand that the Humble Bundle isnt just video games (and indie games for that matter) we all know that everyones reaction to this will be:

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Spot1990 said:
josemlopes said:
By average does it mean the average people are spending on the bundle, does it go up and down? Maybe it has to do with the different markets?

I had most of these on my old computer been meaning to get them again. This time I can give the money to charity though. Everybody wins.
Yeah, the average depends on what people give, for it to be that high it means that a lot of people gave a lot of money from the first buys. Most of the time people either give the minimum or the average (meaning that it doesnt go up that much), its only the generous people that bump the scale by giving 100$ or something

JasonBurnout16

Oct 12, 2009
Sadly the only person out of the line up that I've heard of is Louis C K. The other comedians don't seem to be that large out of America, and I've only heard of Louis because of Netflix + Sky Plus.

Rack

Jan 18, 2008
I gave this a punt despite not knowing who any of these people are. From what I've seen next week I won't know who any of them are again.

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
Bindal said:
Seems to be more aimed at US-Audience this time rather worldwide. Let's be honest, who outside of the states even heard of these guys? I surely didn't. Instead, I know of people like Micheal Mittermeyer, Dieter Nuhr and Oliver Kalkofe. Anybody outside of Germany, Swiss and Austria heard of THEM? Doubt it.
In addition to US comedy shows being broadcast in other countries, many people outside of the US become familiar with comedians through YouTube.

I will admit though that the only one these I know is Louis CK. And no, I haven't heard of any of the German comedians you mentioned.
Do you get any non-dubbed US shows there? I have seen American programs on German channels before, and they were always dubbed. If so, I guess that it would make sense that you don't know many US comedians, because dubbing would means many jokes would have to be re-written, and probably get ruined as a result. In Israel, non-kid shows are always subtitled, so English speakers can still get the jokes as they were originally made.

Smeatza

Dec 12, 2011
Fuck yeah.
Humble now covers the two great loves of my life.
Video games and comedy.
Very American line up though.

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
Bindal said:
We all live in America, ist es wunderbar....yay...

I'm from England and I haven't even ran into them by accident.

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
Spot1990 said:
Bindal said:
I'm Irish and I love these guys. That being said, I'm a comedian so I'm kind of big into this stuff.

Anyway, the Tig Notaro show alone is worth the 8 bucks. One of the ten best stand up shows I've ever heard. It's seriously a work of genius.
If you're a comedian I'd like to either see some video or buy your comedy album. Comedy comes as my second love after video games. Send me a link :)

SSJBlastoise

Dec 20, 2012
wombat_of_war said:
weirdly you have this going for another 13 days, the mid week bundle taking a week off and i just got an email from paradox interactive saying they are doing a humble bundle in a few hours so i dont know whats going on
Well, the weekly bundle is due to start in the next couple of hours I think (it's usually a new one when I get up on Fridays) so they could be doing the weekly bundle.

This doesn't really interest me at all. I've only heard of C.K and the only time I might ever buy any stand up show is if it's of someone I absolutely love, not people I've never heard of.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
I sort of figured the promotional video for a comedy pack would actually be funny.

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
Well, it seems like a decent idea to do for a change.

I have the same problem as the rest of the people outside the USA here. I have no idea who any of these people are. I think I was vaguely aware of the existence of Louis CK, but even then I'm not sure.

EDIT: I watched the promo video for it, and it scares me. The psychotic woman presenting it didn't make me smile, and I think maybe one of the other guys did.

Turns out I didn't actually know who Louis CK was, I was thinking of someone else apparently.