LOVE-are men afraid of it?

Feb 7, 2009
GamingGoddessV said:
Thanks for your input everyone I really appreciate it! I just feel as though people don't love freely, everyone is wrapped in society's example of what love is instead of their personal definition of love which I was sharing with my ex boyfriend. I was willing to follow him off a cliff or wander the world for him if he asked. But he decided he didn't want that for some reason which I don't think was his own. How I feel is that how can you not feel the love of a woman who is so devoted to you. Examine this a woman looking into your eyes not caring about anything else but the world you two will build together willing to cross whatever bridge with you good or bad. I just can't understand how my ex just dropped me like that like we don't have 4 years of history together. He isn't the man I thought he was for these past 4 years. The man he was would have never hurt me like this or denied our love.

Additional info- He is 22 and I am 20. We both live in the same city. He is going to college and so am I. His major is medicine and mine is video game design.

"I'm you favorite memory. Remember me. Never again have you felt this way."
I wouldn't say I'm afraid of love so much as disillusioned about the whole concept. Every woman I have been with has been a liar or a cheater. I guess I have come to really distrust women in a romantic sense, and as such, I actively avoid relationships.

They also have all tried to talk me out of my life goal of commissioning in the Marines. I don't care how much anyone claims to love me. The Corps will always be the most important thing in my life. Besides, women always cheat on Marines when they're deployed. I'm just saving myself the trouble.

Kenami

Nov 3, 2010
Oddly enough throughout my experiences (and observing various instances my friends have been through) I've noticed it's usually girls who are afraid of love and commitment of the sort. Could just be a New York thing I guess.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Oh, there's an entire list of reasons why he could have left. It could have been something you did. Example: My friend dated a girl for several years, and she started asking about getting married. He's not even out of college yet, but she finally gave him a choice: "If you haven't decided in five years that you want me, then we're done." He snapped and shouted, "I don't EVER want to get married!" That was the end of that. Except it's not, because they're "sort of" dating again.
It could be something he did. Guys lie. He may have found someone else. Example: Been dating for several years, the novelty has worn off. Suddenly, a new girl walks on the scene. New mysteries, new adventures, new passion.

You are both still very young, and if you're twenty now, and you've dated for 4 years, I'm assuming you started dating when you were sixteen. People change, and during that age, people change a LOT. It's very possible that, as hard and cold as this sounds, he just lost interest. Brain still developing, personality changing. And I don't want to sound mean, but you're line of "People say we are both young being 20 years old. But that is not an excuse to leave a devoted woman," sounds slightly controlling. I read that and I instantly hear a woman yelling it at me. The type of woman who cared for her husband greatly, but bossed him around the house and brow beat him, like some of those women from the old T.V. shows.

Give it some time. It is possible that he will come back around and realize what he had and then ask for you back. Whether you take him back is entirely up to you.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
GamingGoddessV said:
Thanks for your input everyone I really appreciate it! I just feel as though people don't love freely, everyone is wrapped in society's example of what love is instead of their personal definition of love which I was sharing with my ex boyfriend. I was willing to follow him off a cliff or wander the world for him if he asked. But he decided he didn't want that for some reason which I don't think was his own. Examine this a woman looking into your eyes not caring about anything else but the world you two will build together willing to cross whatever bridge with you good or bad. I just can't understand how my ex just dropped me like that like we don't have 4 years of history together. He isn't the man I thought he was for these past 4 years. The man he was would have never hurt me like this or denied our love.

Additional info- He is 22 and I am 20. We both live in the same city. He is going to college and so am I. His major is medicine and mine is video game design.

"I'm you favorite memory. Remember me. Never again have you felt this way."
To quote a book I read and a movie I watched, "he's just not that into you." After four years most people's love is either stronger than ever or gone. And considering how incredibly devoted to him you seem, it makes sense that he'd want to make it clear to you that he doesn't feel the same way. You're giving the impression that you'd like to get married to him right now, and most people don't want to get married at that age. You write that you don't think the reason that he left you was his own. SOrry again if I'm being harsh but it seems like you're trying to find a reason that he left you that doesn't involve him not loving you. The unpleasant truth, that you'll have to accept, is this: He was in love with you. He's not anymore. So he left you. And if you accept that, you might be able to move on and find someone who will love you.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
GamingGoddessV said:
People say we are both young being 20 years old. But that is not an excuse to leave a devoted woman.
Actually, it is. Sure, it might not be a good reason in your opinion, but, well, that's why you're not the one leaving him. What you're saying is that if a woman's devoted, young age is not a reason to leave her. In fact, it's the other way around - if she is devoted and you're only twenty years old, you have an even bigger reason to leave her since otherwise you'll get tied down before you're twenty-one. This isn't meant as anything personal, I'm just saying that if he's been dating someone for four years he probably would want to try someone else no matter who his four-year-girl would have been.