Love Blooms in New Skyward Sword Trailer

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Love Blooms in New Skyward Sword Trailer

Link and Zelda, sitting miles above the trees.

Sometimes it can feel like the reason that Link rescues Zelda over and over again in the Legend of Zelda games, is because rescuing princesses is just what heroes do. In Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword [http://www.amazon.com/Legend-Zelda-Skyward-Sword-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B002BSC54I/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1317384121&sr=8-2 ] however, it seems Nintendo has made his motivation a little more personal, as you can clearly see in this new trailer.

The idea of Zelda being Link's love interest is hardly new, but this "Romance" trailer - as Nintendo calls it - is being especially clear about it. In the back story for the game, Link and Zelda are childhood friends from the floating kingdom of Skyloft, but the trailer makes it obvious that their feelings for one another go beyond simple friendship.

It's really quite impressive how much life and character Nintendo has infused the characters with in the trailer, especially as characterization isn't really the company's strongest suit. The full game might be different, but the snippets of it used for the trailer makes their relationship seem very genuine.

Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword comes out for the Wii on November 20th.

Source: Official Nintendo Magazine [http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/30987/legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword-romance-trailer/]

Dec 14, 2009
I'm loving the art style.

Reminds me of Wind Waker.

Everything looks soft and colourful. Just the way I like my Zelda games.

Looks good, this will be the Wii's last hurrah, that's for sure.

vrbtny

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2009
Use_Imagination_here said:
Well that certainly is intresting. Looking forward to this. Kind o-WHATS WRONG WITH HIS FACE!?
Seconded. The Faces are creepy!! The lips are just.... weird, and the eyes are just.... weird.... everything about their faces is weird!

Catchy Slogan

Jun 17, 2009
Well that certainly is intresting. Looking forward to this. Kind o-WHATS WRONG WITH HIS FACE!?
This actually made me laugh :D

OT: Looks interesting.

Sunrider

Add a beat to normality
Nov 16, 2009
I DARE you to call
vrbtny said:
Seconded. The Faces are creepy!! The lips are just.... weird, and the eyes are just.... weird.... everything about their faces is weird!
I DARE you two to call Zelda's face creepy again! I'll drive the Master Sword through your stomachs!

OT: I for one love the art style. It feels like a "best of both worlds" thing between Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, both beautiful games albeit for different reasons.

I can't wait for this game! *Running off to re-play Twilight Princess*

laryri

May 19, 2008
VincentX3 said:
And here I thought Zelda was a lesbian...

<.<
¬_¬...

Stop staring...
To be fair Link could easily be mistaken for a lesbian himself.

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
Sunrider84 said:
I DARE you to call
vrbtny said:
I DARE you two to call Zelda's face creepy again! I'll drive the Master Sword through your stomachs!

OT: I for one love the art style. It feels like a "best of both worlds" thing between Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, both beautiful games albeit for different reasons.

I can't wait for this game! *Running off to re-play Twilight Princess*
Zelda's face looks creepy in this trailer.

So does Link's.

BRING IT.

More on topic, I definitely want this game, but god damn does the resolution look bad, even for a Wii game... and they don't really know how to make good trailers anymore, do they?

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Excluding Link feminine looking face (before you ask Zelda face is fine) the trailer look interesting.
Anyone want to bet that they still won't kiss each other on the lips in this version of the series?

MBergman

Oct 21, 2009
Scarim Coral said:
Excluding Link feminine looking face (before you ask Zelda face is fine) the trailer look interesting.
Anyone want to bet that they still won't kiss each other on the lips in this version of the series?
After this trailer, where they seem to make a point of the romance, I'm gonna get real disappointed if they don't!

VincentX3

Jun 30, 2009
Sunrider84 said:
ZeroMachine said:

So does Link's.

BRING IT.
Your days are numbered, my friend. Use them well.
Links face does look very very odd though..
I miss the cute little Link from OoT :(

AyreonMaiden

Sep 24, 2010
The last time Zelda was that cute was when I was 8 and playing Ocarina of Time. I had a massive crush on her as a kid and that's a lot of what propelled me to beat that game.

Talk about bringing back some extremely nostalgic emotions! This is the first time I've felt so compelled to save Zelda in 13 years. Great job making her someone worth the fight once again!

Although...the usual bittersweet endings the main Zeldas are known for are gonna hurt me more this time around I think...The drippy-shippy-fangirl in me hopes for a DQVIII esque ending but it'll probably end in the sadness, hahahah.

And THAT MUSIC. What took them so long to get some real orchestra work?! It's fucking beautiful.

Sunrider

Add a beat to normality
Nov 16, 2009
VincentX3 said:
Sunrider84 said:
ZeroMachine said:

So does Link's.

BRING IT.
I actually don't think it looks odd. I don't really miss the OoT design. What I do miss is the adorable Link and his little sister from Wind Waker. WW is the best looking Zelda game, and I don't even mean "for its time". It looks far better than Twilight Princess.
To be honest, I think Wind Waker is a better game than Ocarina of Time.
Oh, and.... *coughmajorasmasksuckscough*

Kashif Omer

Oct 12, 2010
Sunrider84 said:
VincentX3 said:
Sunrider84 said:
ZeroMachine said:

So does Link's.

BRING IT.
I actually don't think it looks odd. I don't really miss the OoT design. What I do miss is the adorable Link and his little sister from Wind Waker. WW is the best looking Zelda game, and I don't even mean "for its time". It looks far better than Twilight Princess.
To be honest, I think Wind Waker is a better game than Ocarina of Time.
Oh, and.... *coughmajorasmasksuckscough*
Lets make this a double suicide, wind waker was my favorite 3d game and minish cap is better than link to the past

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
I've always preferred the hero having a romantic interest in the princess he's saving as the motivational factor for all the crap he goes through to save her.

VincentX3 said:
And here I thought Zelda was a lesbian...

<.<
¬_¬...

Stop staring...
She's also a narcissist with dual personality disorder, so her main romantic interest is Sheik.